[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, the European Union is good.. Right? I know this isn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 130
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_0657.png (29KB, 741x568px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0657.png
29KB, 741x568px
So, the European Union is good.. Right? I know this isn't /pol/ but for once in my life I'd like to have a nice conversation about foreign politics that sort of concern me as a US citizen. And aside from that /pol/ is horrible and I'd rather discuss this here where all the informed adults are.

So what do Europeans think of their Union? Excluding Britain of course. Do you like it? Do you hate it? Do you wish it would change? What exactly is your stance on the EU, Europeans?
>>
Pee poo stinky bad
>>
>>76042474
Wtf my fellow American, I'm asking Yurop a question. Can't you just bugger off?
>>
>>76042433
I like EU

free trade and movement is great, open borders are great, erasmus program s are awesome

WE JUST NEED A FUCKING WALL AGAINST ARABS
>>
File: IMG_0701.gif (79KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0701.gif
79KB, 657x527px
>>76042540
You know what's interesting? It seems there's no pro-EU, anti-Muslim political factions. Really fires up those neurons I tell you what, Czecherboard.
>>
euroscepticism is growing among the "losers" of the intergration process

i traveled to norway lately a few times and every flight is packed with norwegians coming here and going back, i guess its similar with other nationalities, so theres schengen which is a good thing, and trading for free, enjoying products for cheap

macron won in france, dutchies pro eu party won, merkel wins in germany, so all in all europe is for the EU but it needs some changing
>>
I despise it and want to see it gone
>>
>>76042433
>>76042643
>>>/pol/
>>
>>76042433
EU is good only if the below requirements are met.
1) Your country is constantly in deficit and need someone to babysit you and bail you out when you need to.
2) Your country doesn't have a strong enough currency to stand on
Other than that it's really shit, you're gonna bleed money left right and centre paying for something analogous to a country club with no access to the golf course.
>>
File: 1490626015060.png (350KB, 600x649px) Image search: [Google]
1490626015060.png
350KB, 600x649px
It's fucking awful. They're getting rid of individual cultures and identities by making Europe into one big country. No seperate languages, cultures or tastes, only English and generic "European culture". They're also enforcing "diversity" by making everyone take in shitloads of "refugees" who would just go to their neighbouring countries if they really were good and peaceful. Forced diversity is artificial and wrong, it's much worse than none at all.
>>
>>76045204
>>76045206
poltards
>>
>>76042433
the EU would be good if it wasn't so keen on taking in immigrants from outside of Europe
really if they stopped that I'd be all for it. But it won't change, I don't even think it can change. Its going to ruin Europe because of this
>>
>>76042433
yes, it is good, but it has grown too big and there is not enough Unity in the EU
That's why I welcome the two-speed solution, so core European countries can integrate futher, while the rest stays sovereign but within the single market
>>
>>76045242
>criticising anything makes you a /pol/fag
Dumb leftist.
>>
>>76045204
wrong
The EU benefits the net beneficiaries the most. Countries like Germany make billions with the free trade into other European countries
Germany is so much bigger and more technologically advanced than many countries so their products are superior and cheaper. Its good for the consumer but it hurts local industries
>>
>>76045318
no cultures are getting rid of, languages are separate, they dont enforce anything

the refugee crisis turned into a political game, where everyone is using it for their own inner political gains, and you all eat it up like its potato
>>
>>76042433
We are one of the staunchest pro EU countries. Some people are against it, some want it destroyed, but one thing is for certain: the EU is the only thing that has stopped Europeans from disemboweling each other every 5 years. The evils of the EU are offset by the costliest commodity in European history: peace.

I like travelling to other places like Portugal, Poland or Sweden without having to get my passport stamped or going through an interrogation process. I like being able to share ideas freely with other Europeans and work together in scientific, educational or artistic projects.
>>
>>76042540
I still don't know why the EU wants to import so many africans and islamists. What the fuck, is that for cheap labor stuff? can a geopolitical expert explain it to me?
>>
>>76045206
>They're getting rid of individual cultures and identities by making Europe into one big country.

What does that have to do with the EU?
American culture has done way more to promote English and push American cuisine onto us than anything else.

>enforcing diversity
They're sharing the load across the members, which is only fair.

>who would just go to their neighbouring countries if they really were good and peaceful

"Neighbouring countries", such as Turkey and Lebanon have more refugees than the EU. But yeah, the EU is more prosperous, safe and (advertised by smugglers as) a paradise. Wouldn't you try to move here too?
>>
>>76042433
the eu really helped romania
it propped the country up
made it more attractive for investing
more trustworthy
constant pressure from the west keeps us from going full loldova
our economy will catch up to the average prety soon
like a decade or so
hopefully
it's comfy and getting comfier
>>
File: 640x0.jpg (30KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
640x0.jpg
30KB, 640x426px
>>76045545
stop closing borders
>>
>>76045463
>the EU is the only thing that has stopped Europeans from disemboweling each other every 5 years
so fucking wrong. I wish people would stop parroting that crap. If anything has stopped Europeans from fighting each other its the fact that half of Europe is in NATO which predates the EU by 25+ years. Also the fact that nobody in Europe has large armies or an appetite for conquest. European nations had given up all their overseas colonies BEFORE the EU ever existed. The changing of attitudes happened before the EU not after it.
>>
I like the concept of the EU
But how it was done is horrible
>>
European Union is literally a racket for the jews.
>>
>>76045515
>They're sharing the load across the members, which is only fair.
fair how? Did your country cause any refugees in the middle east? We certainly didn't
not to mention the fact we know the majority aren't refugees

>Wouldn't you try to move here too?
if ur poor woudnt u wan 2 be rich :)?
not an argument you fucking faggot
>>
>>76045339
Germany's became the inconspicuous puppet master in the EU. That's different, just see how much power Angela's words hold. Wouldn't be surprised if she holds office for at least 10 years. Not all country in the EU have that power.
>>
>>76042433
>So, the European Union is good.. Right?
No it isn't. It's sluggish beyond words, also extremely corrupt and hypocritical
>"refugees have rights and they must be saved! Charter of Human rights before everything!"
>*somebody suggests that we need to control the EU's border, as most of these people are economic migrants not actual refugees*
>"you fucking nazi, how dare you"
>turns around and starts dealing with dictators and paying them billions upon trillions of EU money, now that's completely fine.
It should be nuked to be honest.

>>76045463
> the EU is the only thing that has stopped Europeans from disemboweling each other every 5 years
That is one of the reasons why it must also go. Look at Europe. It made us grow decadent and completely impotent. The Europe of old would have stood for this migration nonsense.
Nobody says it outright, but we're basically just waiting for our deaths, as muslims and gypsies replace us. It's true. Don't even try to deny it.
>>
>>76045660
International Law dictates you need to take in refugees, so border countries have no choice. The EU makes sure the load is shared.
Sounds to me you'd like to just let Italy and Greece deal with it. In that case, you can go fuck yourself.

>if ur poor woudnt u wan 2 be rich :)?
Tell that to Irish-Americans, retardecaun.
>>
>>76045858
international law does not say you can walk through 10 safe countries to claim asylum in the one you want

>Tell that to Irish-Americans, retardecaun
You mean the ones who went there legally? And worked because there was no welfare? Yeah very similar to the invasion we see now...
>>
It's a nice idea in theory but it'll never work in practice.
>>
>International Law dictates you need to take in refugees, so border countries have no choice.
Geneve treaty is not a law and it definitely doesn't require you to take anyone in. The border countries could tell everyone to fuck off back to Iraq or put them to concentration camps and there would be nothing wrong with it.

>>76045858
>The EU makes sure the load is shared.
Literally two countries share the load.
>>
>>76045502
Basically most european countries need uneducated people who will breed a lot so that country's economy will not suffer from the lack of labourers and declining population.
>>
>>76045858
People fleeing civil war can be counted as refugees.
Fucking Eritreans, people from the Gold Coast, Albanians and Maghrebis most certainly don't though. There were literal dark skinned niggers with fake passports claiming to be Syrian at German refugee registration points and they had to be let in, because no one could prove that they aren't in fact, Syrian.
The whole system is extremely easy to exploit and before we know it 200 million Nigerians will want to be let in as well because they're """""""fleeing"""""""" something.
>>
>>76045773
> extremely corrupt and hypocritical

> Supposedly from Hungary
> says this about EU

It seems you're either blind or a proxyfag.
>>
>>76046002
you can call hungary hypocritical but it isn't corrupt.
>>
>>76046001
What's funny is that a war is actually not a reason to apply for asylum by any treaty.
>>
I love the EU!

Someone give me EU passport pls
>>
>>76046016
we are though, its pretty funny
>>
i dislike how its pronounced in english
"You Rohp"
It should be "Europa" with romance pronuncation
>>
>>76042433
>So, the European Union is good.. Right?

Depens. For Spain or the United Kingdom was the biggest cancer in its history, for other countries like France or Germany is quite useful, but in essence is this: >>76042540
>>
>>76045204
Wrong. But since you are obviously a /pol/tard, it's not worth explaining.
>>
>>76045463
>1945-1997
>>
>>76045994
why haven't the >to inteligent to do shitty jobs yuropees invented androids to do manual labour yet, fucking goddamnit
>>
>>76045502
It's because those people live in fear every day if getting beheaded, shot, raped or exploded by other muslims. If we end the war in their homeland, they may go back.
>>
>>76046002
So? That doesn't mean I can't criticize other countries.

Also you're one to talk, Mr. We Live in a Literal 1984 Nation, Under Constant Surveillance for Basically Nothing Because Terror Attacks Still Happen on a Bi-Weekly Basis.
I'm rather surprised Theresa still lets you access 4chan. Don't think that'll last forever.

>>76046016
he's right
>>
>>76045545
>it will catch up to the average soon

I guess if you include Bulgaria and Poland in the average.
>>
>>76046001
they don't count as refugees. yet they still are entitled to appy for asylum, and they need to be fed and have a roof over their head until their asylum application is denied
Greece and Italy need help with those tasks and ask rest of EU for solidarity
>>
>>76045858
Paddies immigrated to the USA legally.

About half the "refugees" are clearly economic migrants.

I don't see why the migrants must be shared equally by every member state. Shouldn't Germany accept all of them if they go there?
>>
>>76045925
But refugees stay in Turkey till it became overfilled. And Italy. And Greece. And Lebanon. Their countries took too much if Turkey wants it can unload refugees into Europe, but it doesn't. There are refugees here too and i assume in countries around as well. Despite the memes they don't all fly to Germany, the reason Germany and France and Britain seem like they have much more are legal economic migrants from former colonies/Turkey and that's not the fault of the EU
>>
>>76046223
>If we end the war in their homeland, they may go back.

t. Caused all these wars in the first place
>>
>>76045502
Well if I remember right they can't work so they're just a financial drain.
>>76045994
I've heard that argument but it has some holes in it. Mainly the more developed countries don't need unskilled labor as they outsource their production (the u.s. rust belt is a good example) or automation is/will take over. At least here the dumb immigrants tend to have/raise dumb kids. I've heard here because our retirement is a pyramid scheme they need an exponentially growing population to pay for it but as I said above, if people can't be employed I'm not sure how they'll have an income.

The more irritating part is the people most supportive of third world refugees/illegals are also the most supportive of globalisation which allows for outsourcing cheap production to their home countries.
>>
>>76046386
Mmmmm 90%+ of the "refugees" in Europe are in Germany right now. Use google for once.
That's why Germany is demanding "solidarity".
>>
>>76046001
>because no one could prove that they aren't in fact, Syrian.
For some of them the lack of any Arabic knowledge should be an automatic rejection.

No one wants to do it because it's basically torture but a person's teeth can also tell you where they grew up.
>>
File: monedas-de-euros.jpg (57KB, 760x428px) Image search: [Google]
monedas-de-euros.jpg
57KB, 760x428px
everyone using the same currency is convenient but has economic consequences that i dont understand
also euros are pretty
>>
>>76046527
no more federal banks
before, if spanish government was broke, they could just print more money.
now they cant do it anymore
>>
>>76046223
>If we end the war in their homeland, they may go back.
Look at history, you know that's not true. And in the case of say Syria a lot are fleeing Asad either as draft dodgers or they are the opposition. If he wins why would they want to go back to at best be thrown in prison?
>>76046417
Yeah we caused Syria, oh wait we didn't.

If you point towards Iraqis that's bullshit because most of the country isn't at war and the parts that are, are almost completely retaken. Also, an Iraqi here said most if his we're uneducated Shia who local religious leaders paid to act as muscle against others and used the money to head to Europe. He didn't think any of the Iraqis we're legitimate refugees.
>>
>>76046566
>now they can't do it anymore

germanbankerrubbinghands.png
>>
>>76046671
(((german)))
>>
>>76046671
we can't do it either
despite the memes, we dont have that much influence over the european bank
>>
>>76042433
I like all the stuff that begins with free movement, like people, capital and goods

Everything else is horrible and an attempt to create another superstate which I'm 100% against
>>
It's better than WW1 and WW2 i guess
>>
>>76046751
>EU prevented another war in Europe meme

I hate this one. Peace was kept by American troops in the West and certainty of nuclear hellfire from the East. Yet all the EU officials boast how it's their union who prevented another war.
>>
Good is subjective.
EU is mostly an economic construct with with some attempts to make it more political.
Ultimately the biggest problems with it arise from it's half assed nature.
People expect it to have done something about the refugee crisis, but that was simply not in it's powers or scope.
The moment European solutions started being thrown around (once national leaders got involved) people grabbed ass and started crying about muh freedoms.
With the UK leaving and France having a leader that can actually press the Germans on euro reform it is bound to become more political.

In the end it's good shut to me as a Bulgarian, because Bulgaria is mostly a geopolitical pawn and EU is a good patron.
My hope is that the union does what it has to stay around and my hope is that it will be strong enough to shape the world around it to it's benefit.
The second I don't think can happen by letting it regress to a purely economic thing.
>>
>>76046793
Very much this.
>>
>>76046751
yes, because EU exists from the 1950's
>>
i'm feeling jealous over here... do you guys think we would fit right in? ^.^
>>
>>76047718
from 18. April 1951, to be precise
>>
>>76047731
dont you have ASEAN?
>>
>>76046793
>>76047045
you are all pretty fucking stupid

turks and greeks had a war over cyprus, argentina occupied falklands, free trade makes sure its not beneficial to reach out to weapons in order to gain power

there was/is a war going on in ukraine, because russians want to keep the country under its influence, nobody started dropping nukes
>>
>>76045994
I get that, but why insist on forcing countries that don't need them to take them in?
>>
>>76045204
This burger gets it
>>76045339
>>76046132
>EU monies receivers triggered
>>
>>76047790
>ASEAN
a meme entity where China has the final say, lacking integration, every government have their own agenda either military dictatorships or one party states. Border tensions are still lurking amidst locals, political mistrust, Huge HDI gap and corruption

If EU is Goliath, Asean is that insect that David stepped on
>>
>>76048056

You, of all flags, should realize you ~need~ the consumer markets.

>>76047946

+/- same reason as above: The richer cunts need the smaller markets to buy from them and provide higher amounts of man hours. Generating jobs and profit, for both sides.
>>
>>76042433
Free trade and movement within EU is great, but it shouldn't have ever become more than that, why the need to force retarded eu laws, influence governments and le refugees?
>>
>>76048104
I am sorry to hear that
but you shouldn't give up, I think South East Asian countries have great potential if they stand together, and they would make a nice counterweight to China
>>
>>76047819
>free trade makes sure its not beneficial to reach out to weapons in order to gain power

The thing is, how long can free trade last considering how it will almost certainly lead to one side getting fucked? Greeks have been already fucked by the Euro, Frenchies are already penalizing East Euro drivers for having lower wages, Eastern Europe is getting shittier products for the same cost as West.

Also, during the Cold War, it certainly wasn't free trade that kept Germany and France in line, it was the fact that Russian tanks were way too close to start any of that bullshit.

>>76047946
Because EU officials have a need to exercise their power to show they are not a bunch of worthless dicks. Since their lectorate is mostly leftie and the media supporting them are definitely leftie, they can't make any decision that could be viewed as strong, careless or god forbid inhumane (i.e. kicking them out en masse). So they are stuck with an outdated asylum seeker system which is designed for individuals, not thousands and countries filled up with immigrants and people asking what the hell are they for in Brussels. So they devised this genius redistribution plan to alleviate the situation of southern countries and now we throw a spanner in their works.
>>
>>76042433
americans are fat, ignorant and uneducated
>>
>>76047819
can't say anything about cyprus since i don't know enough about it, however the coup d'etat would have likely happened regardless of the eu membership of turkey, leading to armed conflict anyways
argentina isn't even in europe
ukraine isn't in nato, if it was, russia wouldn't dare to annex crimea and send insurgents there
don't really see what you're trying to say 2bh
>>
>>76048225
no it wont "almost certainly" lead to it, get out your basement and dont read pol as your bible
>>
>>76048165
>free movement is great
no it isn't
eastern european countries get depopulated and their workforce gets depleted, while western countries get hordes of immigrants they don't really want
free travel is a good idea, but being able to setlle and work anywhere you want really isn't.
>>
>>76048165
then you must welcome the multi-speed EU
>>
>>76048310
>no wars inside the EU
>wars outside the EU
>what are you trying to say

i dont know, i think im trying to say wilno nasze
>>
>>76048191
Even without China's influence, there is still no way we could ever think of becoming a union. That bittertaste surrounding ethnic differences still lingers
>>
>>76045206
>They're getting rid of individual cultures and identities by making Europe into one big country.
Individuals make these decisions, supranational entities do not. You are free to express your culture in whichever way you'd like, just like your neighbor is free to.
>>
>>76048363
>outside the eu
but we are talking about europe
your point was that the eu prevented wars in europe
it didn't
nato did, and the few it failed to prevent would've been prevented if one of the parties was a member
>>
>>76048350
>hordes of immigrants
I'm talking about movement within EU, not allowing people to enter it.

>eastern european countries get depopulated and their workforce gets depleted
That's how free market works. As long as western countries provide better work, that's gonna keep happening anyway, but illegaly.
>>
>>76048377
well, if you dont manage to unite, you will end up as chinese vassal states
>>
>>76048435
>nato prevented wars
>both turkey and greece is in nato

you are not a bright one
>>
>>76048440
>I'm talking about movement within EU, not allowing people to enter it.
that's what i'm talking about it as well. i'm talking about eastern european migrants.

>That's how free market works. As long as western countries provide better work, that's gonna keep happening anyway, but illegaly.
in this case we need protectionism
>>
>>76048363
>>no wars inside the EU
>>wars outside the EU
>>what are you trying to say

Gee, it's almsot like the EU didn't accept countries that are AT WAR WITH EACH OTHER

>>76048322
Wait for it for a few years. How long before the German economic dominance will piss people off? Eastern Europe might not be as affected as we have been taught to nut up and shut up but southerners are far more entitled. Do you think Germs are going to sacrifice they precious shekels to bail out Italy, Spain or Greece(2nd time)?
>>
>>76048406
>supranational entities do not

Wrong. Those supranational entities are led by individuals and in case of the EU, likeminded individuals.
>>
>>76048459
i already said that the coup would've happened regardless of whether turkey was in the eu or not
and what then? nato is able to project military power, the eu isn't
i don't even see why we're arguing this to be honest, it's obvious that during the cold war the only reason why europeans didn't kill each other was the threat of nuclear weapons, not the eu
after the warsaw pact was disbanded the countries in question simply didn't have aspirations to conquer or fight wars anymore, as they noticed that "cooperation" is more beneficial
do you think russia wouldn't just invade the baltics if we weren't in nato? because the eu sure as hell couldn't defend us
>>
>>76048529
But they do not have any absolute power on most of the individuals living bellow them, they can only try to influence them
In term of Culture, China tried to have a single language and eliminate all others, but failed. Esperanto was attempted, but failed.
>>
>>76048464
You need to convince western companies to produce in your country. It's already happening here, we don't have enough people for the jobs we have. If everything goes as it should, some of those unemployed Westerners should make their way here.
>>76048595
True but influence goes a long way and the EU has always been fond of the slowly boiled frog strategy.
>>
>>76048540
thats the point, cooperation is more beneficial
>>
>>76045502
Slavery, plain and simple. Well, not as simple, nobody would want that. But when you take away all the layers of intricacies of our modern day society has designed to occlude this fact, you will see that the world still functions on slavery. And that is reddest pill I can offer you
>>
File: ..png (6KB, 60x60px) Image search: [Google]
..png
6KB, 60x60px
>tfw voted remain
I-I like the EU
>>
>>76042433
The EU is great in it's essence, but it's in dire need of change. Even though we're not part of the EU, we're still part of the Schengen agreement, and the EEA. So effectively we are something like 75% part of the EU.

The freedom om trade and movement is fantastic, if it wasn't for the lack of an EU wide immigration solution. It's pointless for countries with good wellfare systems to have responsible immigration policies, when countries run by delusional utopists like Germany and Sweden just accepts next to anyone, anyways.

Also, if some countries are unable or unwilling to control their budget deficits, we are going to have another economical crisis in the future, where tax payers from more economicaly responsible countries once again have to bail out their less responsible counterparts.

Then, there is the concern that the EU is run by a bunch of non-democraticly elected beuroucrats. The EU have more or less become a technocracy.
>>
Literally everything is better than murrican cancer
>>
Why are you murrican trash so interested in European matters? Do we meddle in American matters? Fuck off.
>>
>>76049785
>>76050065
Why are you such an asshole?
>>
>>76050089
Because yankee trash meddles in Europe again, sends weird signals to Western Europe and Russia, and tries to engineer hell for everyone again. Nobody needs yankee doodle here. Raus.
>>
>>76050089
He's a schizophrenic troll from the /v4/ general, just ignore him.

>>76050131
>>76050163
>>76050233
>>
>>76050127
He's politely asking about our thoughts on the EU. I don't see why that would be such a big problem for you.
>>
>>76050268
Baltic shitholes go to Russian Empire without any pardon. Nobody here will be fighting for you - just in case you didn't know what kind of plans murrican pig Trump has got for you.
>>
Test
>>
>>76050429
And this hell on Earth for all European christian people will be guaranteed by the diabolic kike-tandem Kushner-Kissinger that is currently puppetmastering this fat orange slimeball shabbosgoy. You kikes will pay the ultimate price for your crimes against humanity someday, that's what i can promise you
>>
>>76050429
ItÅ› working
>>
>>76046566

Turns you were the Jews all along, Hans.

>the holocaust happened but they were ethnic Germans in the gas chambers
>>
>>76050288
>He's politely asking about our thoughts on the EU. I don't see why that would be such a big problem for you.

It is a big problem because he lives in a kike ridden soviet-sympathizer country that is a deadly enemy of Europe and all European nations.
>>
>>76050518
>>76050357
>>76050127
Is this Ikibey's new flag?
>>
>>76042433
The EU is the best thing that ever happened to my country (not flag). Before the EU people lived like dogs and living standards have improved dramatically since we joined. I hope the leadership becomes more transparent and a focus is put on investment within the EU
>>
>>76049633
>Then, there is the concern that the EU is run by a bunch of non-democraticly elected beuroucrats. The EU have more or less become a technocracy.

I never understood this argument. I guess it's true for Switzerland and EEA members, but for member states I can't really see how the EU is somehow less democratic than the German federal government for example.
>>
>>76045966
Came here to post this
>>
>>76055081
Honestly, I don't want the EU having any real power. The less the Germs, Spaniards, Frogs and whoever has to say about how I live my life, the better. They are already making shit difficult for gun owners and that's just the start.
>>
File: images (1).jpg (5KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
5KB, 225x224px
>>
>>76048695
>slowly boiled frog strategy
you do realize that the frog was lobotomized first for the experiment right?
a normal frog would jump right out when it got too hot
>>
Pffff, it's a cesspool political circlejerk that's too powerful for what they can actually be made responsible for. Also lobbyists. More lobbyists than politicans. Brussels should be nuked until it's the biggest hole in the world.
>>
>>76042433
It has its upsides and downsides.

Most of the EU uses the same currency and is part of the Schengen Zone, so travelling and doing business from country to country is a lot easier than it was before (not to mention the fact that the EU is able to pass laws in multiple countries at once, so it's less confusing when other countries try to do business with each other). Poorer countries get subsidies from richer countries to develop, while richer countries are able to import skilled and unskilled labour from poorer countries more easily.

There are downsides though. The EU has some pretty bad problems with corruption, and it's run by unelected representatives. While there are benefits to importing skilled labour from other EU countries, you also can't really have that without importing a ton of unskilled labour too, which brings its own set of problems. There's also the loss of autonomy in things like law-making, and if you've adopted the Euro, you don't really have any control over your currency anymore.
>>
>>76055838
Hello nigger.
>>
>>76055838
It's just an expression, nigger
>>
I'm so glad we are not apart of the EU project. If we were the north sea would be ruined and every farmer in Norway would be driven out of bussines by food produced cheaper elsewhere. As of now we have a high import tax on food enableing us to sustain farms in Norway so if a crisis were to occur we can still feed ourselves.

Our fishing industry is also very sustainable because we manage it well. If EU were to impose their regulation it would not be sustainable.

Also, it does not change norwegian views on the EU when we see Junker bullying sovereign states and slapping democraticaly elected leaders in the face left and right.
>>
>>76055838
Fuck off nigger
>>
>>76049457
I voted Leave but it was for a sperg reason, I have absolutely nothing against the EU per se in terms of the economy or anything like that.
>>
>>76042433
I don't really like it. It's not especially democratic and businesses have a lot of influence in it.
>>
>>76057766
>change the balance of the world just to sperg
>>
>>76057766
So bad...
>>
>>76058230
>>76058275
Will never tolerate a power more sovereign than our parliament in my country, sorry Eurobros.
>>
>>76042540
>free trade and movement is great,
The worst things for people in countries with high salaries. It's criminal.
> open borders are great,
Before Schengen I could just visit Spain, France etc. with my parents. We only needed to show our passports sometimes. With Schengen we aren't allowed to control our borders anymore, Schengen costs Switzerland 100 million dollars a year and the money in the Schengen external border protection fund isn't used to protect the external borders.
> erasmus program s are awesome
Useless holiday program.
>>
>>76058532
(of course free trade is good. Only free movement is the worst. It's like illegal immigration from Mexico to the USA. It depresses wages. The difference to America is that Americans apparently turn a blind eye to illegal immigration and the EU legalises it.
Thread posts: 130
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.