[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Brazilians, tell me about Florianopolis. I've been th

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault.jpg (71KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
71KB, 1280x720px
Brazilians, tell me about Florianopolis.

I've been thinking about possibly moving there within the next decade(?) or so. What is the city like? Is it as good as it sounds? How is the crime/poverty? How good is public transportation? How good are public services? What's the culture like? Is it safe? etc.

Also either of these sites accurate?
http://www.liveinbrazil.org/2013/08/26/3-reasons-to-live-in-florianopolis-brazil/
https://www.expatistan.com/cost-of-living/florianopolis?currency=USD

Please respond with actual answers, if you're a self-hating brazilian then don't bother replying. Reposted because the last one died and I made it way too late at night.
>>
File: 3457345754.png (108KB, 1318x292px) Image search: [Google]
3457345754.png
108KB, 1318x292px
>>
>What is the city like?
probably sucks
>Is it as good as it sounds?
no, it never is
>How is the crime/poverty?
bad, like everywhere
>How good is public transportation?
bad of course
>How good are public services?
see above
>What's the culture like?
lol
>Is it safe?
loooooool

I could reply 'Brazil' to each question and it wouldn't make any difference
>>
>>75988877
Yes, i reposted it because i made the last thread at like 1 in the morning and only got like 3 or 4 helpful responses.
>>
It's a meh city.
>>
>>75988895
>bad, like everywhere
wut, isnt yurop like a giant sanctuary?
>>
I do live there, so l'll try to answer you.

>>75988792
>What is the city like?
One of the worst traffic you'll meet in your life. Quite cold on winter, quite hot and humid on summer. Beautiful people at the good spots (mall, beaches, dancing clubes). Many people smoke. It's not a cheap city
People from everywhere; lots of Argentinians on summer

>Is it as good as it sounds?
Dunno; how is it portrayed in US?

>How is the crime/poverty?
In the slums, poor blocks and near universities it's problematic. Anywhere else is more or less ok. If you use a car, you'll barely meet any problems.

>How good is public transportation?
People here complain a lot, but there are way worse systems to the countryside. We only have buses, despite large bays open to aquatic transport (calm waters). No trains or subways (only the snack shop!)
It's a bit expensive (R$ 3.90)

>How good are public services?
Health is ok. Firemen is ok. Police is somewhat underwhelming. Private education for elementary and high school are good; public universities are much better than private ones

>What's the culture like?
Heavily influenced by portuguese (azorean) culture. Surf culture at the beaches and very cosmopolitan near the universities.

>Is it safe?
More or less. Used to be a lot more 10 years ago. Everyday some junkie or drug lord dies in the slums. Recently, an Argentinian tourist was killed in front of his family because he resisted a car hijack.
However, I've been mugged only once (and they stole only 5 reais). Stick to the highly busy areas and you'll be fine.
>>
Curitiba is better in every aspect except weather.
>>
File: IMG_0814.jpg (41KB, 551x554px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0814.jpg
41KB, 551x554px
>>75990713
>however I've only been mugged once
>>
>>75993260
and the lack of beaches
>>
>>75988792

It's a shithole, Africa tier, high violence and pretend being special snowflakes.
>>
>>75993720

Just like all South America except Falklands desu.
>>
>>75993260
if the crime were low and homicides under 10 per 100k it would be my dream city it's really a nice place i'd like to try living there for a short time

I know it's hard to imagine why Americans would want to live in a "shithole" country but you have to remember everyone's experience is different 0
And you would ask why we have expats in so many "shitholes" that like it.
Mexico is our go to immigration place for Americans and it's only slightly safer than Brazil with a smaller economy

also how prevalent are mullata girls in Curitiba
I know it's "white and European" but how common is the typical Br girl look there?
>>
>>75993612
That's a plus, beach cities are full of tourists and insufferable muh beach culture people.
>>
>>75993863
if you say so. i love beaches and beach bitches
>>
>>75988792
Seriously, just visit the city for a few days. That's the best way to find out if you would like living there instead of getting the opinion of autistic Brazilian channers.
>>
>>75995099
This is probably the best answer anyone's given me yet 2bh. Why does it seem like so many Brazilians are cynical self-hating assholes on the internet? Are they just autists or is it something else?
>>
>>75995099

A culpa é desses autistas de merda que ficam destilando ódio contra outras regiões, matem paulistas e gaúchos autistas hoje mesmo.

Arruinaram uma thread sobre o meu estado.
>>
>>75995204
I tought catarineneses were "gaúchos" too.
>>
>>75995355

Parem de falar mal de cariocas e nordestinos, pelo amor de Deus. Pro mundo inteiro a América do Sul é uma fossa.
>>
>>75995180
because our country is shit, but we like to make fun of it
>>
>>75995180
Brazilians who post on Taiwanese cakebaking imageboards ARE NOT what average Brazilians are like, most of them are just unironically autists.

>>75995355
Apenas o oeste catarinesense é "gaúcho", o litoral é "catarinense" mesmo.
>>
>>75995355
>>75995845
wtf is a "gaucho"
>>
>>75998569
regional nickname to our southesternmost state dwellers. Uruguayans and Argentinians also are 'gaúchos'
I think Texans would be their closest similar in USA
>>
>>75990713
Holy shit, finally a non "sul é o meu país separa europa da américa do sul da cabeça da minha rola" meme answer.
Nice. Keep it up, I'm proud of you.
Also: don't trust 100% your GPS while driving through the city, you might enter a favela without noticing and get your shit fucked.
>>
File: john_wayne_cowboy_poster.jpg (70KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
john_wayne_cowboy_poster.jpg
70KB, 400x400px
>>75998715
Like southwestern-typed culture? The best example of this I think of is cowboys. pic related

>>75998716
>"sul é o meu país separa europa da américa do sul da cabeça da minha rola

What does this mean
>>
>>75998785
>What does this mean
south is my country separate, south america's europe of my cock's head
>>
>>75998716
well, I'm not from Santa Catarina, so I don't have those separatist feelings. But SC is indeed very different (and more advanced) than the north, for example.

>>75998785
1. perhaps, but with green pastures and a bit of ridges instead of mesas and desert

2. There is a separatist movement in South Brazil, but it's very weak and seen as a meme by the rest of the country
>>
>>75988792
I immediately attempt to die
>>
>>75988792
wow what a coincidence. i am also thinking to move there but within 3 to 4 decades.
>>
but how is the sopa de macaco there tho
>>
>>75998716
Florianópolis é bem merda, diferentemente do resto do Sul. O restante do Sul (tirando Porto Alegre) certamente deveria ser separado do restante do país, já que é a região mais européia do continente e é uma lástima continuarmos juntos a esse bando de macacos.
>>
>>75995204
Não, a culpa é das outras regiões. Graças ao Nordeste e o Rio de Janeiro, o Brasil é considerado mais violento que o Oriente Médio em sites de gore. Aliás, é graças a esses merdas que o Brasil é uma merda. Tudo de ruim no Brasil vem dessas regiões. Essa gente só serve para destruir mais ainda a imagem do Brasil, e por causa delas que dificilmente terei orgulho do Brasil algum dia. E, se duvidar, essas regiões elegerão o Lula em 2018, só para foder um pouquinho mais o Brasil como sempre fazem.
>>
>>76002765
É muito autismo para um só post
>>
>>76002545

Ate Gramado e Canela tem favelas. Sul é cheio de mestiços em qualquer lugar, sua utopia branca é ridícula.
>>
>>76002765

Né? Até porque estados sulistas tem taxa de homicídio e roubo bem baixas dignas de primeiro mundo.
>>
>>76003336

Eu ia falar a mesma coisa
>>
There are lots of hot Italian-Brazilian girls there.
>>
>>76002348
t. baby

>>76004427
isnt that just most of the southern cone in general though? or is it specific to certain areas?
>>
>>75990713
>killed in front of his family because he resisted a car hijack.
>I've been mugged "only once"
This is why I'm scared of immigration. I can't imagine living in such a place.
>>
>>76007567
And you're Brazilian. Imagine how many times this white OP will get mugged. Weekly if not daily
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.