[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is this country so aversed to being called Eastern European

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 10

File: images (2).png (353B, 346x216px) Image search: [Google]
images (2).png
353B, 346x216px
Why is this country so aversed to being called Eastern European and say they're 'Central' European?
Like why are so many Eastern Euro countries shamed of being from the East? Is this just an /int/ thing?
>>
File: kazahria.gif (10KB, 416x349px) Image search: [Google]
kazahria.gif
10KB, 416x349px
I dont even consider myself yuropean at all

to me beign yuropean is same as being nigger

I am Khazar
>>
>>75930556
Because the gap between Germany and Poland is as big as the gap between Poland and Ukraine. Nobody really wants to be lumped together with the worse ones, especially if they're not at all culturally similar (orthodox circle) and historically disliked.
The term also brings back shitty memories since in practice it's all about having been an unwilling part of the Soviet Bloc. You never hear people calling Austria Eastern European, and yet most of their country is on the longitude of Czechia.
And no, it's not just /int/, people can get pissy about the term elsewhere, both on the net and IRL.
>>
>>75930556
Practically >>75931177 this guy explained everything
>>
>>75930556
They think you're calling them Russian.

I'm seeing this in Lithuania as well. Except instead of insisting on being Central European, Lithuanians want you to call them Northern.

Fat chance.
>>
File: glassespepe.png (234KB, 545x530px) Image search: [Google]
glassespepe.png
234KB, 545x530px
>>75930556
Why are non-Europeans so adamant on using outdated Cold War-era memes? Even Czech Republic is Eastern Europe to you. If you use cardinals to classify countries then an "Eastern" country better actually be decisively in the east rather than middle of Europe.
>>
>>75932184
ur a fungoy

I dont expect much of anything to be understand by your kind
>>
File: pepe333.png (660KB, 1106x1012px) Image search: [Google]
pepe333.png
660KB, 1106x1012px
>>75932250
Great argument for using outdated and illogical terminology.
>>
They practice a form of Western Christianity. They just had the misfortune of being on the wrong side of Germany.
>>
>Poles who eat borscht, drink vodka, tame bears and dance cossack dances while shouting 'hey hey hey!' are central european
>>
>>75932322

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yay2K2DvBoY&ytbChannel=Sultan
>>
File: 790099.png (61KB, 508x547px) Image search: [Google]
790099.png
61KB, 508x547px
nobody wants to be associated with gypsies and hohols
>>
Eastern Europe is horrible trademark, we likely lose us as much as 15% possible trade deals and we can’t improve our standing in the world because of Russian idiocy such as the Crimean adventure.
>>
>Polish posters would angrily reply to my post, but they're too busy banging one out their balalaikas after I reminded them of their first pet bear misha/dmitry/artyom
>>
>>75933402
Explain
>>
>>75933536

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Zail7Gdqro&ytbChannel=Cadu%20Silveira
>>
>>75933328
But barszcz isn't just an east euro thing. Vodka is disputed to have been invented in either Poland or Russia but most people here drink more beer than vodka. We don't really even have bears here. And cossack dancing isn't something you'll witness in Poland very often at all, maybe if your on the countryside in the east close to Ukraine. I'm not disagreeing par se that we aren't East euro but I disagree with your points on why.
>>
>>75930556
Because Eastern Europe=Russia and being thought of as similar to Russians is insulting
>>
>>75933368
TEN NIE BYĆ JA
TEN NIE BYČ JA
JA NIE SYN SZENATORYU, KURWA
>>
>>75933673
KURWA KURWA KURWA KURWA

CYKA CYK CYKA CYKA
>>
File: poland safe.png (350KB, 1525x921px) Image search: [Google]
poland safe.png
350KB, 1525x921px
It's just like Nips hating being confused with Chinese
>>
>>75930556
is sweden, finland, hungary and greece also in eastern europe?
they lie as far or even more to the east than we do...
it's just inaccurate - that's all
>>
>>75933568
Czechs are eastern europeans
Russians are eastern europeans
Russians are disruptive to world stability
Russians are untrustworthy and you should not make a deal with them
You don’t know shit about Czech aside that they are eastern europeans
They must be untrustworthy because they are in the same region as Russians
>>
>>75933819

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5HCo_ic3Rk&ytbChannel=cikagogi

I despise slaves

and this shithole communist site
>>
Delugue.
>>
>>75931177
>Because the gap between Germany and Poland is as big as the gap between Poland and Ukraine
I love this meme
>>
>>75933328
literally none of these is true
we eat żurek, drink mead, tame żubr and dance polonaise
>>
>>75933702
>sub-national level
>Ukraine as an entirety
>>
>>75930556
It's just an /int/ thing
>>
I know a romanian guy who insists that Romania is central european
>>
>>75930556
Because Eastern Europe is a Cold War blanket term describing Russian puppet states.
"Eastern Europe" meant basically whatever happened to be behind the Iron Curtain. It's not based on geography, ethnicity, linguistics, culture, or any other relevant criterions, just on post-WW2 communist influences. It's outdated.
>>
File: peak of slovenian culture.jpg (60KB, 600x401px) Image search: [Google]
peak of slovenian culture.jpg
60KB, 600x401px
>>75933328
>>75933536
Still eating rats?
>>
>>75931177
>You never hear people calling Austria Eastern European
you should visit /deutsch/ sometime
>>
File: Wojtek.jpg (63KB, 470x643px) Image search: [Google]
Wojtek.jpg
63KB, 470x643px
>>75933536
>after I reminded them of their first pet bear
We actually had a pet bear, unlike ruskies.
Ruskies only roleplay as a bear, because they're autistic furfags.
>>
>>75946120
sopa de rato
uma delicia
>>
>>75933568

investors think all slavs are the same and all latin american countries are the same.

a big crisis in Mexico causes capital flight in all of Latin America. Russia invading Crimea makes investors wary about all of "eastern" europe.
>>
File: uncultured swine.png (141KB, 476x234px) Image search: [Google]
uncultured swine.png
141KB, 476x234px
>>75933328
>cossack dances
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PO_3ST_-Hg
>>
File: 1413041379728.jpg (132KB, 964x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1413041379728.jpg
132KB, 964x1000px
>>75930556
Eastern Europe as a term is very vague. Is everything slavic eastern european and if yes what is with Romanians for example? Even though Czeck people and Polanboos on this board don't like to hear that, but those two countries have a lot more in common with Germany, than they have with Russia and debateably Ukraine.
>>
>>75930556
I don't care how you call us as long as you don't lump us together with cnab and balkan animals
>>
>>75933402
Eastern Europe is horrible trademark which YOU made.

No surprise if you guys soon create a new term.
>>
>>75946916
I think the source of this confusion is false dichotomy in perception of these cunts. Everyone keeps asuming that there's some neat, clear division between Eastern and Western Europe.
Meanwhile in practice there's plenty of more of cultural circles in there and they constantly overlap with each other.
>>
because it lumps us into russian sphere of influence which we fought against pretty hard to be free
>>
It's an old Cold war definition.

Also nobody wants to be in the same group as the Russians.
>>
>>75930556
I don't care

Western Europe became a synonym for self-destruciton / irresponsibility.
>>
>>75930638
go back, Mykola
>>
>>75946257
I did,
and everytime people yell Pfoten Hoch or something like this

EVERY GOD DAMN TIME
>>
>>75946257
>>75951485
WENN ICH DAS SEHE
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.