[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happens if I go to USA and I don't tip in store clerk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: usaeducation.jpg (79KB, 449x600px) Image search: [Google]
usaeducation.jpg
79KB, 449x600px
What happens if I go to USA and I don't tip in store clerk or restaurant worker?
>>
>>75792863
And for example if in store my things costs 20 dollars or in restaurant my food is 10 dollars how much should I tip?
>>
You don't tip store clerks

And it's known to tip waitresses

Nothing will happen if you don't tip
>>
File: 1493490375763.jpg (125KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1493490375763.jpg
125KB, 499x499px
>>75793090
My cousin said she used to spit in people's food that didn't tip. She worked in a pretty high-class restaraunt too.
>>
>>75792863
They'll tweet about how much they hate people who don't tip, despite making far more than minimum wage.
>>
>>75793343
But aren't you supposed to pay after you have finished specially in high class place?
>>
File: naamapalmu-no_hyi.png (120KB, 500x428px) Image search: [Google]
naamapalmu-no_hyi.png
120KB, 500x428px
First there's the valet awaiting your arrival with a welcoming smile, a claim ticket and a tacit understanding that you'll know how to properly reciprocate ($5) when it's time to retrieve your car.
Followed by the bellman ($2 first bag, $1 each additional).
And the concierge ($5 to $20, depending on the task), who can recommend several good bistros in the area and help with hard-won reservations.

Later, the taxi driver whisks you to your restaurant (10-20%) where the maitre d' has gone the extra distance ($10 plus, quietly) to secure the perfect window-side table with the sort of grace and palm-nourished professionalism rivaled only by your sommelier (discretionary), waiter (15-20%) and restroom attendant (a buck if you take the towel and mint; more for emergency supplies and quick marital advice).
Back at the hotel, your suite has been carefully prepared by an invisible but very much existent and equally deserving housekeeper ($2 to $5 per day).
And on it goes.
Spa therapists and hairdressers (15-20%). Skycaps ($1 per bag, $2 for heavy ones) and tour guides (15%-ish is most appreciated). And now, all of a sudden, let's not forget the dude manning the register at the indie pizza joint, gastro-pub or premium ice cream parlor who swipes your card and then swivels the screen around to let you discreetly e-tip a suggested default amount -- 10% ...15% ... 18% ... 25% ... and here it comes 30% (for over-the-counter grub) -- while he politely looks away.
>>
Would be funny to go to USA and try to tip border guard at the airport. Is there any video of this?
>>
>>75793343
stop lying you pro-tipping shill
>>
File: 1334905390.gif (2MB, 421x313px) Image search: [Google]
1334905390.gif
2MB, 421x313px
>turn 18
>forgot to tip my parents for raising me
>>
>>75792863
You die from heroin overdose
>>
You will be lynched
>>
They TAKE your tip.
The foreskin tip, that is.
>>
There are some people you don't tip, store clerks for example. Contrary to the memes tipping is not required by law, it is just the nice thing to do if you have good service.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.