[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why can't USA buy oil from Venezuela instead of buying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (26KB, 644x385px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
26KB, 644x385px
Why can't USA buy oil from Venezuela instead of buying from arabs?
>>
its almost like venezuela has a crazy commie dictator that hates the USA
>>
>>75765249
The president would halt shipment of oil to the US after we pay and claim it's theirs.
>>
>>75765278
Maduro is a piece of shit, but still better than the arabs
>>
>>75765321
venezuelans are starving while the saudis dick around in their ferraris
>>
Well, Goldman Sachs just bought Venezuelan government bonds...
>>
They don't want to boost a competitor that sits right on their back yard?
>>
>>75765249
We do but their crude is like toothpaste and it's expensive to refine it

we aren't buying much oil from the Arabs either, they just rush it into the port as soon as shale or Albertan oil drop a bit
>>
I thought Citgo gas stations sell Venezuelan oil.
>>
>>75765249
it does...
>>
>>75765325
Every time a company attempts to do anything inside Venezuela, the Venezuelan government comes in and takes everything. It's like the thought that businesses would leave never entered their mind. Granted these businesses were looking to get a better deal avoiding US taxes and labor laws. They must convince outside countries to invest in them again.
>>
>>75765249
USA doesn't buy oil from the arabs, american (and british) companies buy the rights to extract the oil
they wouldn't do the same in venezuela because the second the economy goes south they would nationalise (steal) the oil companies assets in the country
>>
>>75765479
It looks like the US does get a small percentage from Venezuela, but it's less than we get from Mexico.
>>
>>75765249
Because they actually buy very little oil from the Middle East. Most it's internal or Canadian. ME relations exist solely to prevent Iran from becoming the dominant regional power, act as a regional base for power projection and sell weapons to incompetent armies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZk4Yu42g0I
>>
>>75765435
This. Nobody sane would start something in Venezuela when Maduro is stealing left and right.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.