[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Pence claims Russia and Iran are the main threats in a planet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

>Pence claims Russia and Iran are the main threats in a planet
Dear Americans, why do you think two poor conservative countries pose any real threat to the world?
>>
Americans are sheeple, they can't formulate any individual reasoning beyond parroting media
>>
>>75730611
Russia invaded ukraine and georgia for no real reason other than land grabbing, no other nuclear power behaves so aggressively
nobody gives a shit about Iran as long as they don't become a nuclear power as well

Putin is clearly a threat if he has no leash, americans and all westeners want him to be kept in his corner away from us
>>
American media is retarded. Big news
>>
Russia refuses to abide by international norms. Russia are a disruptive and destabilizing influence of the international order ;)
>>
>>75730611
We've been rivals with you for decades, hard to remove that mentality. Also a large chunk of our population thinks your president is in cahoots with ours. While I don't really agree with that group and would like to see an eventual normalization of relations, I see little reason to be friends with you considering we share very little in common.

There's still a significant chunk of the Iranian population that's fine with chanting "Death to America", so that's a bit of a no-go when it comes to being friendly. I'm aware the average Iranian doesn't really give much of a shit about us and are actually rather amicable and friendly folks, but their leadership has no love for us.
>>
>>75730611
Because base Republican voters like Mike Pence's flock are functionally retarded and actively vote against their best interests. They think Iran is gonna get them in fucking West Virginia while voting against welfare that they'd receive and a $30 billion economic reform package.
>>
>>75730611
I thought Pence and Trump were super Pro Russia. Also ultimately China is a bigger threat and Trump is such an idiot he's probably going to give them more power, especially since Xi is such a manipulater and Trump is brain dead
>>
Source?
>>75730858
Nothing wrong with shouting death to America
>>
>>75731294
There is something wrong with that when the question was whether we deemed certain countries threats.
>>
>>75730611
well Russia has actively worked against us in everything for the last 70 years, so theirs that.
Iran regularly takes US hostages for ransom, acts like aggro faggots, and attempts cyber attacks on our infrastructure.

They aren't the biggest threats in the world or even to the USA, but they are threats.
Also muslims are never ok. Their brand of conservatism is not the same as ours. Iran is another ninja-woman country.

I have no problem admitting they are threats because its true. However, the biggest threat at this point is China and nobody even says it except maybe Trump or Bannon on rare occasion.
>>
Democrats and Neo cons are going senile
>>
Russia is seen as an enemy as it expands into the allys claimed by america and has nukes to back it up.
Also cultural subversion since soviet times make them scary.
Iran is based on mutual hatred for nonsense reasons that could have been avoided all along.
>>75732327
If I were Iranian id hate the west zealously too for arming Saddam alone.
They were on their way to secularisation after all and got their mullah backlash after gotten pushed too much around as expendable puppets, then fucked over in the iran-iraq war which was ww1 tier cruel. Ive once read people turn to the right when they get reminded of their mortality, Iran as a culture and country had plenty of that and the sentiment keeps getting fed.
>>
>>75730773
>Russia invaded ukraine and georgia for no real reason other than land grabbing
There were separatist movements with legitimate grievances in both cases, all peoples gave a right to self-determination. But, Russia's involvement wasn't down to this.
>>
>>75732407
>nonsense reasons
They took Embassy Staff hostage and threatened to kill them multiple times. Every year their leadership basically declare undying hatred of us and wish for our destruction. Yes, I'm aware of us taking Mossadegh down and backing the Shah. Also if you're unaware, we were double-dealing both sides (see Iran-Contra). At this point there's so much bad blood between us I doubt we're ever going to see normalization, and I doubt an apology would change anything.
>>
>>75732537
>Yes, I'm aware of us taking Mossadegh down and backing the Shah
A loyal US ally thrown overboard by Jimmy Al-Qarter, the stealth lover of all things Islamic.
>>
Our countries are still run by Cold War babbies, it will be some decades before the post-commie generation is in charge.
>>
Because America is allied with Saudi Arabia. Crazy how it's already been proven that they fund Isis and their war crimes against Yemen have already been documented yet no one seems to give a shit. All that human rights bullshit means absolutely when talking about Saudi Arabia despite them being the most radical and corrupt middle eastern Muslim country. All western countries are willing to bend over backwards for them because of oil
>>
>>75732596
Jimmy Carter was unironically the definition of a low-test president.
>>
>>75732678
>>75732596
This was the guy who called it a beautiful election when the Gaza Strip elected Hamas.
>>
>>75732666
Our leadership deals with them for oil, the average joe could give less of a fuck and most of us harbor a strong distrust of anything having to do with the House of Saud. This is exactly why I hate when people criticize our offshore drilling. Yes, occasionally you get fuckups and a rig might blow up but if it means being able to tell the damned Arabs to fuck off it would be worth it.
>>
>>75732666
Iran has oil too. You do realize that.
>>
File: iranwar1.jpg (34KB, 419x314px) Image search: [Google]
iranwar1.jpg
34KB, 419x314px
>>75732537
True.
Iran might shrivel at the middle of this century though as their demographics are europe tier without a pension system as shias dont breed so much and they lost much lifeblood already in the past.
>>
>>75732285
You know, there are a serious amount of people who hate USA, if not the majority, in any 2nd/3rd world country. You can't name other countries threats based on that.
>>75732327
>Their brand of conservatism is not the same as ours
Conservatism is the same everywhere, you're just more developed so you're less radical. If USA would be as poor as Iran your rednecks would stone gays and blasphemers too.
>>
>>75732407
>Also cultural subversion since soviet times make them scary.
Lol, Russia culture is not really popular even in Russia itself, what are you talking about? World westernization is that big now that no one can compete or even tries to do so internationally.
>>
>>75732786
Ah yes, the war with Iraq was very very costly, it had a similar effect to Russia in WWII where almost an entire generation of young men were wiped out.
>>
>>75730773
>no other nuclear power behaves so aggressively
Have you never fucking heard of the USA?
>>
>>75732854
I don't think an American president ever said that we have to nuke Israel for the 12th Imam to return to Earth.
>>
>>75732786
Depends on the social situation in Iran. I don't foresee any of that Arab Spring bullshit, however I could see a very gradual trend towards something other than the Theocracy they have going on now. Despite the blowhards in both my country and Iran, unless some stupid shit happens we will very likely not go to war in the near future.
>>75732787
>You can't name other countries threats based on that.
I'm well aware that various other 3rd world nations have a myriad of grievances against us both real and imagined. However, the Iranians were the ones to really popularize the whole "Death to America" Schtick and they continue to have rallies around that slogan every year while being encouraged by their leadership. Even if the average Iranian doesn't really care about us, the leadership is a problem for us due to their hostility. Its different from other countries like Zimbabwe or Venezuela because we can just clap a few embargoes on and then forget about them because they're irrelevant. Iran has managed to persist despite sanctions and to their credit actually has a half-decent domestic arms industry. Given the history of violent confrontations between my country and Iran, I don't see many reasons to not consider them a threat.
>>
>>75732666
USA has been backing various fascist regimes since the Cold War, from Pinochet to Saudi Arabia. They oppose leftists who may not sell their country resources to western corporations, also Saudis fund ideology of political Islam which keeps Arab countries down, divided, causes civil wars etc so USA can take their shit for free and they pose no threat to Israel.
>>
>>75732892
+15
>>
>>75732877
>Iran has managed to persist despite sanctions and to their credit actually has a half-decent domestic arms industry.
Btw your sanctions were good for Iran because of it they developed a good industrial basis of their country. So now their society has changed to a way more civilized than it was in 1979. Basis/formation, Marx was correct.
>>75732786
>demographics are europe tier
In the next 50 years it's gonna be like that in any country worldwide except maybe some places in Africa. Demography shift is a huge thing. For example, birthrates of Maghreb countries and Lebanon are almost Europe tier already, same to many Latin American countries and Russia, etc.
>>
>>75732832
For this century surely not anymore besides some influence on our right and left fringe which is irrelevant.
But we are ruled by boomers after all and for them its still a huge deal. For both the active foes of you with the bush-tier worldview and the commi-asslickers who were the first to get maos little red book when it was cool for students from back then.

>>75732877
Well their social situation is shit.
With shriveling I meant just dying away and becoming poor and politically soft out of desperation, not an arab spring. Iranians become instantly secular if you let them in the west after all, they are among our best and most grateful immigrants from the Middleeast so the theocracy is mostly footed on being the only thing that makes people think they havent lost to you yet I guess and not zealous cultural resilence.
>>
>>75733145
The Iranians who emigrate are generally their middle class while the medieval savages stay behind.
>>
>>75730773
im disappointed in your shitposting mate
formulate your sentences better
>>
File: 1486570378956.jpg (59KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1486570378956.jpg
59KB, 720x960px
>>75730783
>>75730619
>>75732666
>>
>>75732873
>I don't think an American president ever said that we have to nuke (((anybody)))
And yet you nuked Japan. Twice.

Fact: You're the only country in the world to use a weapon of mass destruction, aka a weapon of terror, against another country.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.