[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is there no culture and union of descendants of Portuguese

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 1496710626135.png (46KB, 500x350px) Image search: [Google]
1496710626135.png
46KB, 500x350px
Why is there no culture and union of descendants of Portuguese in Brazil?
It is very easy to find descendants of Italians and Germans who preserve the cuisine, histories and customs of their country of origin, but I can not see any of this in the descendants of Portuguese and Hispanics.
What is the reason for this?
>>
>>75727073
>implying
Have you ever been to São Paulo, Rio or Santos? There are tugas and manolos everywhere
>>
>>75727073
>It is very easy to find descendants of Italians and Germans who preserve the cuisine, histories and customs of their country of origin

These are all old people who are on the verge of death or dead already. The children of these people don't give a fuck about customs bullshit, they just go "I'M LE GERMAN" to feel superior to the brown masses of Brazil.
>>
>>75727073
Are you serious? Most of our culture comes from Portugal.
>>
literally every bar over here is bacalhau do [place in portugal]
>>
>>75727073
It's the because the Portuguese men who came to Brazil came alone (without their families) and breeded with natives and blacks. So they just mixed with them and lost their culture during the process since there was no Portuguese female figure to pass on the Portuguese traditions while taking care of the children, while Italians and Germans moved with their whole family.
>>
>>75728151
It's because*

Don't want to fix everything since typing on mobile is a hassle
>>
>>75728151
>So they just mixed with them and lost their culture during the process since there was no Portuguese female figure to pass on the Portuguese traditions while taking care of the children
Are you seriously this ignorant? We speak portuguese, follow a catholic religion, cathechized the whole country and most of our national dishes have Portuguese influence in it. The only difference is like the native influence, portuguese influence is so present that we even forget it came from somewhere. Different from Italians, Germans, Polish and the Japanese who are really new to the country and are still somewhat different
>>
>>75727073
It's because most of descendants of portuguese in Brazil are mixed with natives and negros, while the descendants of Italians and Germans are mostly pure.
>>
>>75728227
You're mixing two things.
The early ''colonizers'' were sailors who fucked natives and blacks and then went back home to their family in portugal
The actual portuguese immigrants came early 20th century
>>75728151
Can you at least point me out some italian/german culture in brazil that is remotely popular around the whole country?
>>
>>75728805
Italian culture is everywhere because we have the biggest Italian Diaspora and most of them went to São Paulo, including Francisco Matarazzo which was the biggest industrialist of Latin America that literally made São Paulo the economic powerhouse that is today. Food in SP is also heavily Italian Based, SP accent usually is more prone to thrilling Rs just like italian, tons of loan words from italian also, Palmeiras, the football team, was founded as Palestra Itália which had Matarazzo as its president back in the day. German diaspora is much more agrarian and sectarian. They didn't have the same influence italians had but you can notice some differences in the South like the accent, also the proneness to order and production.
>>
Don't be silly.

Most aspects of our culture are pretty much portuguese. For example, our cuisine is basically tropical portuguese.
>>
File: 621.png (27KB, 613x609px) Image search: [Google]
621.png
27KB, 613x609px
>>75727073
People want to feel exotic, just look how burgers forsake their british heritage.
>>
File: 1493776009205.jpg (12KB, 258x245px) Image search: [Google]
1493776009205.jpg
12KB, 258x245px
>>75728387
>while the descendants of Italians and Germans are mostly pure.

Not sure if these posts are serious or not.
>>
>>75728190
People who type on mobile are a hassle. Kill yourself.
>>
He can't be serious
>>
>>75728934
I said culture
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.