[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are those for, once again? Seems like complete waste of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: 1365006806_f96f977bfc60.jpg (13KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
1365006806_f96f977bfc60.jpg
13KB, 450x450px
What are those for, once again? Seems like complete waste of time that brings absolutely zero meaning to sentence. If we abolish articles nothing of value would lost.
>>
check out french articles
>>
illus, ella
mudaf*ka
>>
>>75614249
"a" makes sense because it shows the action or object to be singular. An has no purpose other than making speech flow more smoothly, for example to say "a apple" creates a blunt stoppage of breath, but "an apple" is much softer and easily spoken
"The" is useless as far as I can tell
>>
Yeah they are useless
>>
>>75615529
This
>>
>>75615529
I walk into room. Which room?

a room (any room)
the room (specific room)
>>
>>75614249
The fact that your mongol brain is unable to understand their function does not mean they are useless
>>
>>75615942
Any room OR Specific room

You just proved that articles are useless.
>>
>>75615982
It aren't synonyms.
>>
>>75614249
Wtf I love Russian now
>>
>>75615942
"the" can be removed from that because you're either already in that particular room, or you're retelling an event in which case you'd have already specified the room

"i walked into her bedroom, when i was in room i saw bed was made and window was open"
This is perfectly understandable
>>
Only "The" is needed, the indefinite article is useless.
>>
>>75615529
>"a" makes sense because it shows the action or object to be singular.
But you have -s, -es to show that it's not singular. Why complicate?
>An has no purpose other than making speech flow more smoothly
On that I agree. But maybe that's because I'm used to.
>>75615968
No need to be rude Jovani. I was referring to English articles exclusively. I don't care for your useless babadabupish.
>>
File: schlafloser_apu.jpg (55KB, 744x687px) Image search: [Google]
schlafloser_apu.jpg
55KB, 744x687px
>>75615529
You can use "the" where "a" won't cut it. "I'm going down to A store" vs "I'm going down to THE store", the one everyone knows you often go to.
>>
>>75616463
>the one everyone knows you often go to.
And why it's so important to tell that you're going to specific store "the one where you usually going"? Why don't just specify it by it's name or add "where you usually going" if it really that needed by context?
>>
>>75616633
>And why it's so important to tell that you're going to specific store
Indeed, we don't even need the word store.
>>
>>75616740
You can just say: "I go"
>>
>>75616767
And depending on the context people will understand where you are going, if it's relevant at all.
>>
>>75616767
Why not remove 'I', you're the one speaking and in the right context they'll obviously know what you're on about. Just "Go" should suffice.
>>
>>75617016
Well now we talking
>>
>>75617016
This
>>
>>75617016
I is the only important part, because it draws attention to your person.

Bringing attention to the act of you departing is suffice to make it clear that you are going.
>>
>>75617287
Just say "go" can be confusing. And saying "I go" is unnecessary considering the context of you leaving. So you should just say "I" and then leave.
>>
>>75617287
>>75617388
You realise I was being satirical.
>>
>>75617455
(you)
>>
>>75617455
In Korean we really say "go" instead of a sentence
>>
>>75615449
what's wrong with it faggot
>>
>>75617519
they exist
>>
>>75617510
So do we? When my friend ask "đi đâu đó?" (go where?), i answer "đi chơi" (go for a ride)..
>>
>>75615449
Check out Italian articles
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.