[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Russian culture inferior? Why did they never manage to create

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

Is Russian culture inferior?

Why did they never manage to create a successful civil society with law and order and without corruption? Why not an industry where other products than weapons are successful?

If they aren't Western or a part of the West, what the hell are they?
>>
>>75613132
Russian literature is god tier, even surpasses Greek lit
>>
>>75613132
>Russian culture
>>>/x/
>>
>>75613172
Not saying, they don't have achievements. So do China and India.
>>
>>75613132
>If they aren't Western or a part of the West, what the hell are they?
Russian. It's in the name, you dumbass.
>>
>>75613132
>Why did they never manage to create a successful civil society with law and order and without corruption?
>implying Germany did it
lmao
>>
>>75615177
Dude here it is a scandal if a politician steals as much as 1000€.

Politicians in your country steal fucking millions if not billions and get away with it.
>>
>>75616052
I think he was talking about
>a successful civil society
which you don't have atm.
>>
>>75616148
And Russia does, somehow?
>>
>>75613595
>India
Ze Pooooo in Le Loooxxxddd
>>
>>75616052
For the last 70 years, Germany was basically an American protecterate, while USSR was competing with America in a cold war.
It is much easier to concentrate on interour affairs like fighting corruption or civil war if another country protects you
>>
It took South Korea half of a century to build decent state. We only had like 17
>>
>>75616190
No, we don't too. And >>75615177 didn't imply it either as I can see.
>>
>>75616269
It's the opposite.

It is much easier to ignore internal problems when you have a cold war to keep you distracted. Also Cold war is basically a meme. They co-operated in fucking space projects, how bad could they have hated each other?
>>
>>75616406
You can ignore iternal problems for a while, that doesn't make them go away. Eventually, they will come back even harder.
Just look at how Soviet Union collapsed. How America is turning towards isolationism
>>
>>75613132
>inferior

You lost, they won. Deal with it. Oh and they are a direct heir of Rome. Shit, they are Rome.
>>
>>75613132
>Russian culture
>>
File: holy_roman_empire.jpg (263KB, 1094x730px) Image search: [Google]
holy_roman_empire.jpg
263KB, 1094x730px
>>75616772
not so fast, buddy
>>
>>75616772
>Oh and they are a direct heir of Rome. Shit, they are Rome.
That's Ottoman empire
>>
>>75616772
>heir of rome

lel
>>
>>75613595
Indian culture is insanely influential. They created 2 of the world's most influential religions today, and everyone likes their food.
>>
>>75616772
Nope, they aren't moron.

They only say that because some prince married a byzantine princess or some shit. They have absolutely no connection to Rome. Germany on the other hand was directly ruled by Rome for centuries.
>>
>>75616842
Charlemagne was an usurper and one of their Grand Dukes has married the niece of the last Byzantine emperor giving them stronger claim.
>>
>>75616984
you can't be roman empire if you don't acknowledge the supreme authority of the Bishop of Rome
>>
>>75616963
I wonder why it is that the shittiest nations on earth have the most glorious, epic past like the middle East or India and why rich countries like Scandinavia have such a pathetic past.

Is there a correlation?
>>
>>75617139
islam ruined the middle east and india
>>
>>75616984
women can't transmit titles or posesssions
>>
>>75613595
Chinese and Indian civilizations are richer in culture than whole European civilization.
>>
>>75613132
>what the hell are they?
They consider themselves Eurasian.
>>
>>75617299
clearly not, europe has the richest culture in the world
>>
>>75617299
how do you measure cultural richness?
>>
>>75616842
>
>
>
>>
>>75617423
Holy by the grace of Pope
Roman due to beeing protector of Roman catholic faith
Empire because maby different ethnical group called HRE their home
>>
>>75617384
He's talking nonsense. European culture was exported everywhere into the entire world.

What aspects of Indian or Chinese culture was exported to us except shitty new-age spiritualists who rip people off with their exotic Yoga bullshit?
>>
>>75613132
You can't measure culture, it's too subjective and depends of your cultural background. Museums≠Culture.
>>
>>75617462
>Empire because
the English language can't translate the word Reich correctly
>>
>>75617647
Wouldn't the correct translation be realm?
>>
Russia has a lot of great culture but cultureless America destroyed it
>>
>>75618029
kind of
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reich
>>
>>75618029
I mean it is interesting that the English don't have a word like Reich/rijk/rik etc anymore like the other Germanic nations have for their countries (we don't use it anymore unfortunately. Would be nice if you could still say Reich as a synonym)
>>
>>75617485
Not arguing either way, but European culture was not imported to most countries because they wanted to, but because they were forced to.
>>
>>75613190
there's a lot of admirable russian writers, poets, musicians, painters, composers and other artists, as well as physicists, chemists, mathematicians etc.

although I do wonder how many of them would unironically like your government. I imagine not many.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.