[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Damn, didn't know that modern Italians are actually des

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: frodo.jpg (43KB, 600x599px) Image search: [Google]
frodo.jpg
43KB, 600x599px
Damn, didn't know that modern Italians are actually descendants of Scandinavians... Why is this never taught?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norman_conquest_of_southern_Italy
>>
WE
WUZZ-A
>>
>>75513072

14/88 from Papa's Pizza place
>>
>>75513072
You assholes also plundered my city. And destroyed most historical artifacts from before that era.
>>
>>75513225
this, fuck n*rman cunts
>>
>>75513225
>implying you had anything worth preserving
>>
>>75513304
The Vikings also took over one of the most important trade cities in the Netherlands. And under Danish rule it slowly disappeared from the map.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dorestad
>>
>>75513344
>In the 7th Century, it was clear that Dorestad had the potential to become a major port. It was the meeting point for traders at the time. As a result, the Franks and the Frisians fought over control of the township. The Franks won out at the end of the 7th Century and closely monitored the growth of Dorestad. This led to Dorestad's economic expansion via international trade and the establishment of a mint in the Upper town. It is assumed that there was a toll as well as harbour fees collected by the King’s representatives at Dorestad
Then danes came.

>Under Danish control, Dorestad became less significant. Trading had slowed in the port to the point where it was almost non-existent. The mint was shut down when Hroerekr took control of the lands. As the settlement no longer held much economic or cultural significance, the populace of Dorestad thinned and the place became a dimly remembered part of history.
Today the city doesn't exist anymore.
>>
>>75513429
To be fair, there aren't many cities around from the 7th century in general.
>>
File: Unavngivet.png (158KB, 338x657px) Image search: [Google]
Unavngivet.png
158KB, 338x657px
NOICE
O
I
C
E

>>75513344
>implying anyone cares about some shitty dutch town
>>
>>75513072

too bad they didn't slaughter the locals, i'd replace them with nords anythime
>>
>>75513484
>3,000 horsemen
>up to 50,000 infantry (likely highly exaggerated)

Which assblasted dunecoon edited this article? :^)
>>
>>75513429
That city was actually the richest city in the Netherlands at that time.

>>75513478
There are in the Netherlands. The city where I live for example, Utrecht, is 2000 years old. And was also raided by vikings with Roman buildings destroyed.
>>
>>75513072
>_southern_Italy
Is it why southern Italy is such shit now? My support for Northern League.
>>
>>75513072
Normans were french
>>
>>75515678
feeeck i wanted to say that.. france has been the blessing os southern italy.. pls trade more
>>
The barbarians originally came from the North, mate.

Most tribes migrated to the south because they had already killed all the animals in the northern regions. They were inferior, so they didn't really know any agriculture.

Alaric is the most hilarious case of inferiority complex in the history of mankind. The guy sacked Rome just so he could be a Roman too, LOL.
>>
>>75513277
Stay salty cucks, 1066 best hear of my life
>>
>>75519198
Jean Moloud, tu est trop vieille.
>>
if you really have to wewuzz then wewuzz the lombards
>>
>>75517922
will do, friend
>>
>>75513072
i am greek
normans are subhuman
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.