[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So like do people from europe go around talking about history

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 11.jpg (210KB, 938x536px) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
210KB, 938x536px
So like do people from europe go around talking about history all the time? Theyve got a lot of historic shit around them everyday. Gosh, I bet the average european has a Jeopardy Champion-tier knowledge of history. Or is it so ubiquitous that nobody gives a shit anymore
>>
most people in my country arent even interested in history, and i mean actual long-term history not just the past 100 years
but europe does put more time to teaching history in schools than USA AFAIK
>>
>>75490338
>I bet the average european has a Jeopardy Champion-tier knowledge of history.
no way.
unless you have a degree in history or some shit chances are that you only remember what happened in general and not the specifics.

the further away a given country is from yours, the less you know about its history
>>
Nobody cares about history, it's all about sex and partying
>>
>>75490548
But I thought you guys were supposed to be all cultured and fancy and shit.

You saying you're just a bunch of slobs like us?
>>
>>75490575
We don't have culture and try to be as American as possible
>>
>>75490338
>this is the kind of questions New-worlders have to ask themselves daily
Sad tbqh
>>
>>75491257
this
>>75490575
europe is shit
>>
>>75491257
>>75490548
>german youth

we gona kick you out of your country pussies, worthless nu male generation
>>
Most of the Euros I knew were

But then again they were all fkn nerds lmao
>>
>>75495214
>europe is shit
>belgium
off to syria with you, mahmoud
>>
>>75490338
>So like do people from europe go around talking about history all the time?

Kinda. Everyone talks about their own nations' history, because it inflates egos, and people like feeling nostalgic. They also LOVE to trashtalk and bitch about grievances with their neighboring countries, or just any random Euro nationality.
You have lots of general, nonspecific butthurt too, "it was better in the 'old' days" (in my country this can wildly range from 1000 A.D. to last century) "where did everything go wrong" "it's the smelly X nation, every since they did Y and Z we've been bla and bla and so and so" type of talk is very common.

But if you mean like, oh did you know in the 18th century our ancestors did this and that, invented such and such then nope, not unless, they're celebrating a national holiday or remembering some event. That said most people are generally aware of things.
>>
>>75495309
dont you have a goat to fuck, Achmoulled?
>>
>>75490338
>so like
stopped reading there
>>
>>75490338
>pic of Prague
triggered from the catalog
>Gosh, I bet the average european has a Jeopardy Champion-tier knowledge of history.
not really and especially not for recent or semi-recent history
average person would probably tell you more about history during medieval times in Bohemian Kingdom than about what happened in some decades of 20th century because that's how our education roll
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.