[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I heard in the western education the role of the middle eastern

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: 083.jpg (111KB, 1169x1169px) Image search: [Google]
083.jpg
111KB, 1169x1169px
I heard in the western education the role of the middle eastern countries achievements is downplayed. is this true? I learnt quite a lot about te old araps and persians
>>
The middle east achieved a lot a long time ago.
But they haven't for many decades. They are stuck.
>>
Well we do have to make some space so we can hear what happened to black people in America and how The White Man did that and this
>>
>>75369313
In Dutch education we don't get taught about slavs or Muslims.
>>
>>75369539
We get:

Egypt > Greece > Romans > Franks > Middle Ages > Dutch independence > Dutch golden age (art, money, colonizing the world) (this includes Indonesia, South Africa, Japan, bit about China etc) > America > French revolution > British industrial revolution > WW1 > WW2 > Cold War > Communism in Russia and China
>>
>>75369609
>>75369539
I think at least a third of your education should be about Slavs (70% poland and 30% russia)
>>
>>75369664
No. They are irrelevant to us.
>>
>>75369384
centuries*
>>
>>75369313
We are taught about Mesopotamia, Babylon, Egypt and Persia, but that's like one of the first thing we see in middle school and we don't get back to it later so it's not like anybody remembers anything
>>
>>75369749
millennia*
>>
>>75369664
In the Netherlands the battle of vienna never happened
Poles are only remembered for stealing cars.

In fact, the Ottomans were allies in our independence war against that evil Holy Roman Empire.
>>
>>75370081
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liever_Turks_dan_Paaps
>>
>>75369313
We learned periods in sequence. So early on we learn about prehistoric ireland/europe, then moving to the fertile crescent civilisations, onto greece, rome, medieval europe, general irish history from 800s, renaissance europe and onward focused on europe/the west.

Persia, Babylon, mesopotamia were all covered. No muslim countries were covered.
>>
>>75369313
Swedish history in school is all about Sweden, French Revolution and WW2.
>>
>>75370489
And the industrilization in Britain. Spinning Jenny etc
>>
>>75369313
We broadly go in middle school Greek>Egypt>Rome>Native Americans (from what I understand this part will focus on the native americans who lived in your state, for us NYers its mainly Iroquois)>American colonization>Revolutionary period>rest of American history>WW1>WW2>cold war

High school it seems to be general ancient world history for first year, then you basically choose between the rest of world history and european history, then its always American history, then you choose what you want/stop learning history.
>>
In elementary and high school, we barely learned anything about history that didn't directly or indirectly involve Canada. However, we do have elective courses in world history. I took an elective course on Canadian politics in high school, but since there was no curriculum for it and my teacher had a MA in History (specifically studied military history), we spent the entire class discussing foreign policy throughout history, from Ancient Egypt through the upcoming Iraq War. It was the most casual but informative history class I ever took.

In university, I took several elective history classes (Ancient Greece, Ancient Rome, Bronze Age Near East, and the history of science and technology in the Islamic world). Persians were definitely alphas back then.
>>
>>75369539
How can you not learn about Cold War or Austria-Hungary what the fuck is wrong with your education
>>
File: 1494072983613.jpg (27KB, 508x524px) Image search: [Google]
1494072983613.jpg
27KB, 508x524px
>>75369313
>middle eastern countries achievements
Like goat raping?
>>
shit's historical education everythere, especially anglosphere
t. history pro
>>
>>75373250
the middle east before islam was a genuinely good place
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.