[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do Americans use such a shit as race in their censuses? It

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

Why do Americans use such a shit as race in their censuses? It gives them no real information.
"White". What do Russian immigrants have to do with average White Americans? What do Arabs have to do with them? We are different, we live different way, we have different jobs, incomes etc than White Americans whose heritages are Anglos, Irish etc.
"Black". What do immigrants from, say, Zimbabwe have to do with African Americans? They are also different.
Why don't Americans use real shit like ethnicity instead of race?
>>
>>75249295
They don't understand difference in culture, it's just different colors to them. Autism.
>>
>>75249295
Just playing devil's advocate, but you could argue if those groups travel to America they should leave the ethnic baggage at the door. I think that's the line of thinking with Americans.
Personally I'm sceptical because I think blood is thicker than water, but I'm not sure what else you can do when you have a country with every ethnicity on the planet running around.
>>
Because most of us are from this country and the same culture. How many genuine Russians and Africans do you think we have here?
>>
I'm a white Brazilian.
>>
>>75249295
You might be able to differentiate between black, white, asian, or hispanic. After the second generation nobody gives a shit. You are simply mutt.
>>
>>75249379
You get tons of immigrants every year, your country is built on immigration. You can't put everyone under one point because it makes no sense. There are many Russians who look Asian, but they are 100% Russians culturally, what should they choose?
>>75249396
You at least have Hispanic point, yet I guess people from Bolivia, Mexicans and Brazillians are all different too.
>>75249343
>leave the ethnic baggage at the door
And take on retarded racial baggage?
>>
>>75249642
Well, what else would you propose?
>>
>>75249533
Censuses are made to discover socio-economy state of people and demographics. Are you sure that children of Russian or Indian immigrants would live in the same conditions as children of WASPs despite all being classified as whites?
>>
>>75249672
Just let people to write their ethnicity, we do like this in Russia. You just tell who you are to census man who comes to your flat. Yes, there is a small percent of people who say they are Elves or Martians but this percent is negligible.
>>
how bout this bitch

*spreads anus*
>>
>>75249698
My cousin is married to a third gen slav. One of my coworkers is of Russian Jewish origin. They don't speak Russian. They go to Starbucks and watch American football. If you were to see them on the street, you could say they were well off nicely dressed Caucasian. There's really nothing which could differentiate them from other Europeans besides dark hair.
>>
>>75249981
There are many Russians living in USA besides these cucks. Stop bringing anecdotal evidences.
>>
>>75249642
>Brazilians are Hispanics
>>
>>75249295
Because using their brain is kinda like exercising for too many of them. So they avoid it at all costs. Just look at American high schools, you have to be an actual retard for not being able to pass that shit with flying colours. Muh multiple choice.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.