[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Born in USA >Dad married Nicaraguan >Mom never taught

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: spanish.png (19KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
spanish.png
19KB, 400x300px
>Born in USA
>Dad married Nicaraguan
>Mom never taught me Spanish
>Grow up looking Hispanic because mom is practically Brazilian
>Now older
>People expect me to know Spanish
>Feel a desire for them to learn English like every other nationality that has ever come to the USA
>Can't accommodate them despite their projection that I speak Spanish
>They get upset most of the time

Should I learn Spanish? I have no desire to do so, and I'll likely never visit my mother's family. I speak a horrible, accented high-school version of Spanish.

When I hear it in real life, it generally is just a nuisance to me.
>>
>nicaraguan
Trash
>>
Also, no
Speak english and only english
Drop every useless chicano that refuses to assimilate and learn english
>>
File: really.gif (208KB, 204x191px) Image search: [Google]
really.gif
208KB, 204x191px
>>75205575
>Nicaraguan
>practically Brazilian
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>75205575
learn spanish. there's literally no downsides. if you can speak the language decently no one will care about your accent and they will probably appreciate the fact that you took an interest in their langauge. if people expect you to know it then you can avoid a lot of awkward interactions by actually knowing spanish. don't listen to the squatamalan.
>>
>>75205660
I actually took a DNA test out of curiosity.

My mom is roughly 22% Ameri-indian, 40% European, and 30% Negroid, and the rest is unknown
>>
>>75205651
>Chicanos
>Don't know English

That's wrong though.
They speak it fluently, but they all speak with an accent because it's the thing to do.

If I can sound like one, they can sound like me.
>>
>>75205629
>Guacamole
Trash + Murder
>>
>>75205575
You shouldn't condone that shit if you don't want to.
>>
>>75205575

CHI
>>
File: 1492908175970.jpg (24KB, 500x404px) Image search: [Google]
1492908175970.jpg
24KB, 500x404px
>>75206187
OP here
>tfw you never had Chicano friends, and all of your friends were white
>All of the Mexicans were from a totally different cultural background
>>
>>75206283
Wait is your dad mexican?
>>
>>75206309
No, he's white
>>
>>75205745
Brazilians are mostly mulatos, mestizos are more to the south and center west
>>
>>75208046
South lol I thought you guys were a cluster fuck of mulattos and mestizos that ended up creating pardos?
>>
>>75208155
do you know geography or it's just >american education?
>>
>>75208314
Yeah I know your post says south has mestizos isn't that where most your white people are from?
>>
>>75208367
"""white""", they are like Argentinians and Uruguayans basically mestizos with light skin with some distant places with pure Europeans

in the center west and the borders with Paraguay, Bolivia and Peru they look more mestizo and Amerindian, the north and northeast are mulato and the southeast is mixed with everything like blacks, Asians, Arabs, Europeans, etc
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.