[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Danes how accurate is this article ? http://www.nytimes.com

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: sub-jp-denmark-superJumbo.jpg (488KB, 2048x1473px) Image search: [Google]
sub-jp-denmark-superJumbo.jpg
488KB, 2048x1473px
Danes how accurate is this article ?

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/21/world/europe/danes-rethink-a-welfare-state-ample-to-a-fault.html
>>
>top bracket of 56.5 percent kicking in on incomes of more than about $80,000
so a dane earning 80k per year (just over average australian wage) gets bopped down to 35k per year (australian minimum wage - completely untaxed)
what a wonderful system
>>
>>75167406

You do know that most of their income will be taxed in the lower brackets right ?
>>
Way ahead of the curve.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2423751/Dutch-King-Willem-Alexander-declares-welfare-state-20th-century-over.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/dutch-king-willem-alexander-declares-the-end-of-the-welfare-state-8822421.html
>>
>>75167537

How do you guys feel about it ?
>>
>>75167616
People don't talk about it. They don't believe it I think. Meanwhile they have relaxed the laws on getting fired, so now you can get fired relatively easily. You now get billed for the first 380 euros a year of your health care expenses. Everyone who was on welfare for the long term had to do a new medical check up to see if there was a real medical necessity. People who had a not truly disabling mental illness got kicked out of welfare. People in the art sector now have to make at least 1/3th of their own money I believe. They closed day care for disabled people. And the list goes on and on. But people still aren't realizing it.

I studied tax law. And our government is busy with a tax reform that they sell as "making the taxes more green" and "the polluter must pay".
In reality they want to tax businesses lower (to make the country more competitive) and increase the VAT. So effectively people with little money will start paying more, while corporations will start paying less.

And as always, if the Netherlands does something the rest of the Europe will follow because we're always quicker to introduce changes.
>>
>>75167729
Oh yeah, below 27 you can't get on basic welfare anymore.

You still can get temporary unemployment benefits, but the minimum standard of living does not apply to young people.
>>
>>75167779
We have a safety net for people who earn less than 2/3th of the minimum wage. Those people used to be able to apply for welfare. But if your below 27 you can't apply for that anymore.
>>
>>75167729
>So effectively people with little money will start paying more, while corporations will start paying less.

Hm. How do you feel about this?
>>
>>75167874
Well, I think it's the logical consequence of globalisation. Our corporations face increasingly tough competition from countries with low tax regimes. And progressive taxes mean the bottom half of society will never pay for their own share of taxes. But if you want to have relatively open borders and import a new lower class, then that system is no longer viable. So the lower class has to carry their own weight.

Our government simply does not do enough to protect our own people and corporations. But if that's the policy then this is the consequence.
>>
>>75167537
>The king travelled past waving fans in an ornate horse-drawn carriage to the 13th-century Hall of Knights in The Hague

Wow, really austere there
>>
>>75168006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dHs4W8P0QU
>>
>>75167982
1,5% of the adult working population in finland makes over 100,000€ per year, that group pays for around 30% of the total income tax, yet social democrats and people with little to no education still want to raise the top tax bracket even though Finland is going through the worst brain drain in the history of the country when thousands of highly educated people move out of the country en masse
>>
File: 1488838517482.jpg (5KB, 250x240px) Image search: [Google]
1488838517482.jpg
5KB, 250x240px
>>75167982
why don't you just kick out the non-Dutch
>>
>>75168093
Maybe you also need green taxes. It's good for the environment. +)

>>75168110
I voted for Wilders, who wants to deport Turks and Moroccans. So it's not my fault.

In fact, the biggest, second biggest and third biggest party are all right wing. And want to tighten the borders. But they are currently still trying to form a government because our elections were a little while ago.
>>
>>75168110
>why don't you just kick out the non-Dutch
You think that could actually work in any western country?
Has Trump kicked out all the Mexicans yet?
>>
>>75168214
I think you underestimate our pragmatism. Turks and Moroccans have a double nationality. More than half of the Moroccan males have come in contact with the police. Wilders wants to strip the Dutc nationality of "criminals with a double nationality".

Also close the borders for Islamic countries. A voluntary remigration policy. And some less realistic things like banning the Islam and put radical muslims in preventive detention.

There are now three parties (incl two small ones) that want to fight the Islam. So the ideas are spreading.
>>
>>75168653
voting for thugs like wilders isn't the right way for this tho
>>
>>75168805

how is wilders a 'thug' ?
>>
>>75167283
Any Danes here? Answer me this: How much does a single mother, eligible for the same benefits as Carina and working full time on minimum wage, have at the end of the month?

Carina got $2,700 per month.
But $20/hour minimum wage should translate to $3,466.67/month (20$ * 8h/d * 5d/week * 4,333...weeks/month). Of course this gets taxed but it also doesn't include child care benefits and I don't know what other benefits Carina gets. Can the Danes help me out here?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.