[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've heard that in many parts of the US, beef is about as

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: Köttfärs_i_en_ICA-butik.jpg (889KB, 1944x2592px) Image search: [Google]
Köttfärs_i_en_ICA-butik.jpg
889KB, 1944x2592px
I've heard that in many parts of the US, beef is about as cheap as pork. Is this true?
>>
Köttbulaar
>>
>>75151207
Why wouldn't it be? I've seen it for far cheaper than pork when I visit.
>>
Yes, all meats are rather cheap and cost approximately the same .... chicken, beef, pork

why do you ask?
>>
>>75151443
How much is lamb?
>>
>>75151443
do you have a quality classification or all the same?
>>
>>75151796
they are qualified by cuts for beef
>>
>>75151885
and with different price of course i guess?
>>
pork here: $3/kg
beef (non-shit): $10/kg
>>
>>75151984
yep, the tiny strip above the thigh is the most expensive
>>
>>75151686
Lamb is expensive, ~$7 to $12 a lb. Usually people only eat it for special occasions.

>>75151796
There are different tiers.
More fat = cheaper
Trimmed = more expensive

Pleb cuts = cheaper
Fancy cuts = more expensive
>>
Buffalo here 10$
Pork 20$
>>
>>75151686
>>>/x/
>>
>>75151984
But if you want a medium-quality meat, from a normal grocery store, prices are

> chicken: $3/lb
> beef: $5/lb
> pork: $4/lb
>>
Beef used to be cheaper than pork here.
But then mad cow disease happened and it's never been cheap since then.
>>
>>75151996
Literally same but pork a bit more expensive 5$
>>
>>75152235
well, depends on the pork cut, fatty ones like chine (neck) are $3, lean like tenderloins are ~$6
i don't get why people avoid fat, animal fat is very healthy
>>
>>75151371
Inte ens kanske kött – köttbullar. Pankåka
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyD2Qu1lzdQ
>>
>>75151207
>I've heard that in many parts of the US, beef is about as cheap as pork. Is this true?

It better be, I'm from Texas.
>>
>>75152412
I think it's hard to cook with lots of fat. There is just so much fat and I don't know what to do with it. There is also extra labor of trimming the fat off yourself, if you do not want to eat the fat
>>
>>75151443
>why do you ask?
Because pork is way cheaper in both Sweden, and Malta where I live now. I've never considered pork as anything but a cheaper filler for beef.
>>
>>75152927
>pork is cheaper in Sweden
really made me think.
>>
>>75152615
>I think it's hard to cook with lots of fat.
I don't see how it's harder.
You either simply ignore it, or you can just use it as a base for sauces or whatever that you make with meat.
Here, it's usually regarded that fattier meats have stronger and better taste than lean meats, which require lots of seasonings.
>>
>>75153158
I bake chicken in a pan
> chicken without fat: chicken bakes well, outside is brown and crispy
> chicken with lots of fat: chicken fat melts and chicken cooks in a soup of fat

I ignored it but the outside was not crispy
>>
>>75153261
It also depends on personal preferences
I like fatty meats for example, and meat fried in melted butter or meat fat is like ambrosia to my tongue
>>
>>75153372
It was different, but I liked it.

what do you do with the melted fat soup that is still in the pan? it's seasoned
>>
>>75153462
i always make sauces to go with meat, like adding chopped onions or tomato concentrate while cooking, so melted fat is never wasted
>>
>>75153653
oh, that is smart

next time, I'll do that, instead of throwing the fat away ......
>>
>he eats meat
Absolutely immoral
>>
>>75154093
>leaf
>LEAF
ahhahahahahahHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.