[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

1. Your cunt 2. Do you worship the gods of your ancestors?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 126
Thread images: 26

1. Your cunt
2. Do you worship the gods of your ancestors?

USA (Scandinavia is my ancestral homeland)

Yes
>>
>>75129637
heil Odvn mein germvnic bruder *microwave pizza dings*
>>
>>75129651
What's so bad about pizza?
>>
>>75129637
Is the question is if I'm a special little kid who wants to be special and worship old gods? No. Now if the question if I want throw acid at Kim Kardashian face than the answer is:
America
Yes
>>
>>75129661
hopefully nothing because i've been living on it for like 6 years
>>
>>75129637
nigger
>>
File: 1495346522489.png (103KB, 755x348px) Image search: [Google]
1495346522489.png
103KB, 755x348px
>>75129637
I only worships /g/ gods like terry
>>
No, I don't believe in god.

*tips*
>>
>>75129637
Why is always burgers who say shit like this?
You're not European, you're American. Scandinavians haven't had an organic connection to Norse Paganism for over a thousand years and neither have you.
>>
>>75129718
cianigger
>>
>>75129761
Nice try Christkike, but I'm literally european. American is not a race.
>>
>>75129770
*runs over you*
>>
>>75129777
>I'm literally european.
>>
>>75129777
European is not a race either, unless you consider spaniards and norwegians to be of the same race.
>>
>>75129908
Spaniards aren't European. They are more African than European. In fact, Iberia was originally occupied by Nordics from norway.
>>
>>75129939
Italians then. Or southern french. Or the even the Irish are phenotypically different from scandis.
>>
>>75129637
>tfw the ragnarok was caused by jesus
get rekt heathens
>>
>>75129954
The French are nordic, Italians and Irish aren't European
>>
No, but most of the world does
>>
1 Russia
2 Finno-ugric paganism - best paganism
Yes
>>
File: IMG_0572.jpg (107KB, 720x472px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0572.jpg
107KB, 720x472px
>>75129637
Since you are rejecting your immediate ancestors' God, you should go back even further, and worship what your original ancestors worshipped, fire, bison, and wild horses.
>>
>>75129637
1. Burgerland
2. >worshipping any gods
I tip my fedora to you sir and bid you good day.
>>
>>75130441
B A S E D
A
S
E
D
>>
File: viiskauttaviis.gif (3MB, 230x137px) Image search: [Google]
viiskauttaviis.gif
3MB, 230x137px
>>75131179
>>
>If I had been a Heathen,
I'd have praised the purple vine,
My slaves should dig the vineyards,
And I would drink the wine.
>But Higgins is a Heathen,
And his slaves grow lean and grey,
That he may drink some tepid milk
Exactly twice a day.

I'd have crowned Neaera's curls,
And filled my life with love affairs,
My house with dancing girls;
And to lecture rooms is forced,
Where his aunts, who are not married,
Demand to be divorced.

I'd have sent my armies forth,
And dragged behind my chariots
The Chieftains of the North.
And he drives the dreary quill,
To lend the poor that funny cash
That makes them poorer still.

I'd have piled my pyre on high,
And in a great red whirlwind
Gone roaring to the sky;
And a richer man than I:
And they put him in an oven,
Just as if he were a pie.

>Now who that runs can read it,
The riddle that I write,
Of why this poor old sinner,
Should sin without delight-
>But I, I cannot read it
(Although I run and run),
Of them that do not have the faith,
And will not have the fun.
>>
>>75129637
>gods
For what purpose?
>>
File: 647.jpg (440KB, 950x1395px) Image search: [Google]
647.jpg
440KB, 950x1395px
Finnic paganism is best paganism
>>
>>75131475
kill urself cuck
>>
>>75129777
Checked
>>75129939
Face it Bob, European is not a race. Europe has been a continent of different peoples since time immemorial, or why do you think that throughout our history we constantly fucked each other up? Get your head canon out of here.
>>
>>75130441
underrated
>>
File: tUxyXom.jpg.png (268KB, 470x436px) Image search: [Google]
tUxyXom.jpg.png
268KB, 470x436px
>>75131512
you're the cuck
>>
File: 1495308585887.jpg (206KB, 1465x1209px) Image search: [Google]
1495308585887.jpg
206KB, 1465x1209px
>>75131565
>>
File: lalli kills priest.png (808KB, 800x541px) Image search: [Google]
lalli kills priest.png
808KB, 800x541px
>>75131475
>>
>>75131593
Beautiful
>>
>>75131593
bit rude desu
>>
File: e03hy6tx.jpg (12KB, 240x223px) Image search: [Google]
e03hy6tx.jpg
12KB, 240x223px
>>75131817
Not as rude as going to a house uninvited and taking their food, leaving useless coppercoins.

The priest deserved it.
>>
>>75131817
children tend to be
>>
1) USA
2) Yes but just God/Jesus. So not "neo-paganism" or whatever. Isn't neo-paganism pretty much a meme? You can never bring back the ancient version, it all got absorbed into Christianity. I can guarantee those rules in OP were made up in the last couple decades at the oldest.
>>
>>75131817
justice
>>
File: tänä iltana on rituaali.jpg (46KB, 455x332px) Image search: [Google]
tänä iltana on rituaali.jpg
46KB, 455x332px
>>75131179
>>75131475
this
>>
>>75131883
>Isn't neo-paganism pretty much a meme?
Just like any other religion.
>>
>>75131925
>Just like any other religion.

Idk most religions grow and evolve naturally. Old paganism kind of grew into Christianity, Christianity grows into modern secularism etc.

Neopaganism seems a lot more shallow, like an internet thing.
>>
>>75129637
define gods of my ancestors
>>
>>75129761
kys
>>
>>75131858
If he payed for the food he committed no crime. Killing him was unjustified
>>
>>75131965
It's the way to show how memetier kike religions are.
>Neopaganism seems a lot more shallow, like an internet thing.
Even christians here celebrate pagan holidays etc. They just invented kike names or other shit to replace the origin.
>>
>>75131965
Christianity is a farce, forced on Europe by the late Roman Empire. Pagansim is our true religions
>>
>>75132057

Sounds antisemite.

But here's the thing. They aren't "pagan holidays" if they ever were. Nor were they ever "kike holidays". They are Christian holidays, which sometimes absorbed the old paganism (where it made sense to do so).

So what does neopaganism bring? Are you just that antisemite/racist that the idea of Christianity having ties to Jewish people (Jesus etc) makes you so upset? Most Jews aren't evil or whatever you are thinking.
>>
>>75131965
Christianity was forced by Constantine, wasn't it?
>>
>>75132080
Christianity was forced. Thats the problem.
Think of that when you children are muslims.
>>
File: pagans.jpg (49KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
pagans.jpg
49KB, 720x720px
>>75132087
evry time
and it wasn't
>>
>>75132078
>Christianity is a farce, forced on Europe by the late Roman Empire. Pagansim is our true religions
Roman Empire was European though? Rome is in Italy btw.

"Paganism" is an umbrella term that pretty much just means "not Christian". It is not a single religion, but when Christianity ended up being popular in cities, "pagan" was the term for country-dwellers which held all sorts of mish mash beliefs here and there. Those got absorbed into Christianity, as Christianity took on more and more local flavors and spread deeper into the countryside (similarly Christianity is now more popular in the countries than in the cities, mainly I think because cities change fast, countryside takes longer if ever).

All that you see nowadays is "neopagan" which is pretty much an invention of the last few decades, and ends up having less in common with ""paganism"" than Christianity does. That's what I mean by meme. It didn't really grow organically, just antisemitic internet people like it a lot and call it "religion of the ancestors" when most ancestors wouldn't recognize it.
>>
>>75132113
What? I'm not a pagan. There is no such things as gods, you know.
>>
>>75132115
are you jewish or just mad?
>>
>>75132087

No. Constantine legalized Christianity, but he didn't make paganism illegal (and in fact only converted on his deathbed iirc). Theodosius I enforced Christianity.

>>75132109

Christianity was forced in some places. ""Paganism"" was also forced in some places. Even atheism has been forced in some places. People are weird like that, they think forcing religion is a good idea but in fact it sucks.
>>
>>75132115
>It is not a single religion, but when Christianity ended up being popular in cities, "pagan" was the term for country-dwellers which held all sorts of mish mash beliefs here and there
Nah, literally just same gods under different names (save for oldest Finnic gods because we aren't Indo-European).
>when most ancestors wouldn't recognize it.
Retard.
>>
File: my ancestry.png (44KB, 824x655px) Image search: [Google]
my ancestry.png
44KB, 824x655px
>>75132143

Not Jewish (I'm actually 1/4 Finnish, Irish, Scottish, possibly German, French-Canadian and maybe a smidge of Chippewa but it didn't show up on 23andme so wtf.)

I just know my history. I'm not angry either sorry if I come off that way.
>>
Christianity wasn't forced in england,if anything we had huge problems with violent 'pagan' raiders
>>
>>75132144
>Constantine legalized Christianity
He has done a lot more than that.
>>
>>75132153
>Nah, literally just same gods under different names (save for oldest Finnic gods because we aren't Indo-European).
Nah I don't buy it. The folklore of Europe varies a lot from place to place. This sounds like 19th century pseudo-anthropology.

If you want to use broad enough strokes say "the same gods under different names" then you can do the same for Christianity or any religion.

>Retard.
Neopaganism is 100% a 19th-20th century invention. Its not the same as old paganism. Old paganism got folded into Christianity. Neo-pagan, afaict, is just some hipster wannabe cool nazi whatever.
>>
>>75131965
Yeah you right.
The west spasms out retarded belieftrends as christianity slowly going down here creates a vacuum people try to fill.Neobaganism is an incoherent shallow mess since it gained a bit of traction in the 60s. In other places the unthinkable happens and weird american protestant free churches make gains here, these might stick for longer just like the salafis who dress like funny bheduins and write cringy german nasheeds.
>>
>>75132205
>Nah I don't buy it. The folklore of Europe varies a lot from place to place.
Indo-Europeans literally colonized Europe as recently as the Bronze Age, all variations of Indo-European paganism (most of Europe) stem from that period and them.
>If you want to use broad enough strokes say "the same gods under different names" then you can do the same for Christianity or any religion.
Not any religion, but Christianity and other Abrahamic religions worship the same god, yes.
>Old paganism got folded into Christianity
They took what they couldn't remove, we can take it all back whilst removing the Jewish aspects of it.
>>
>>75132196

Constantine was pagan up until right before he died. Through his life he was associated with pagan cults around the Roman empire and encouraged building new "pagan temples"/sacrifices etc. Its a myth that he is the one who enforced Christianity, it happened more gradually than that.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decline_of_Greco-Roman_polytheism

Greco-Roman pagans were persecuted, but in the past they'd persecuted Druids and Christians so that's how the world works.
>>
So, my ancestors were mainly scottish/German. Where do I start on the pagan stuff. I've been searching for some form of religion but nothing else has fit so far.
>>
>>75132246
>Indo-Europeans literally colonized Europe as recently as the Bronze Age, all variations of Indo-European paganism (most of Europe) stem from that period and them.
Nah. Also "the Bronze age" is literally ancient times, you know that right? Religion shifts from decade to decade, let alone century to century. There is barely anything in common between these gods and whatever patterns there are are very tenuous.

ALSO Christianity's originally arose in the Hellenized Roman Empire, in Greek, which is an Indo-European language so lol.

>Not any religion, but Christianity and other Abrahamic religions worship the same god, yes.
By "the same god" its just the same idea of a monotheistic God, even there, Christianity is usually Trinitarian (Jesus is God, and a separate person of God than God the Father), whereas Islam is pure monotheist etc).

>They took what they couldn't remove, we can take it all back whilst removing the Jewish aspects of it.
No they took whatever they could, changing only what was necessary to move from polytheist to monotheist. That's how religion shifts naturally. Meanwhile "neo-paganism" is more of a meme internet thing that always seems more afraid of "evil Jews" than anything.

Most Jews don't like Christianity and Christianity historically has been much more hostile towards Judaism than anything but you know.
>>
>>75132256
>Constantine was pagan
So what? It didn't stop him from supporting christian church. Religion is not matter of believe, it is just a political instrument.
>>
>>75132205
19th century anthropology regarding beliefs and myths of the time is actually still respected and used as a source by academics today safe for some linguistic mishaps and false interpretations that got debunked.
There are a bunch of myth and rite patterns that span large parts of europe in a myriad of variations and back then the peasants followed all of them so the 100 old research papers still hold merit as long as the authors did not follow an agenda.

Funniliy neopagans never give a shit about those and are content with a few roman stories+the edda or like to write own fanfictions in the worst case.
>>
>>75132295

Scottish have a Church of Scotland, German is like Lutheran or whatever. Its not pagan but most pagan stuff was folded into Christianity.

Evolution of religion in Europe goes: Old Pagan religions (not just one)-->Christianity-->Protestant Christianity-->Secularism-->"Neo paganism" and other new age stuff.
>>
>>75132341
>So what? It didn't stop him from supporting christian church. Religion is not matter of believe, it is just a political instrument.

Nah, religion exists even outside politics. For a long time the Christian religion stood AGAINST the Roman empire since the Roman empire made the emperor into a living god which doesn't mesh with monotheism.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imperial_cult_(ancient_Rome)

Then later the Roman Empire switched (not with Constantine though, thats a myth), and then and only then did Rome and Christianity become bound. It continues with the Roman Catholics but even then Christianity splintered into many subgroups in the Early Modern era.
>>
>>75132320
>Nah
Just stop posting, you clueless moron.
>Also "the Bronze age" is literally ancient times, you know that right
Doesn't change the fact that European pagan religions share a common origin in that period.
>Religion shifts from decade to decade, let alone century to century. There is barely anything in common between these gods and whatever patterns there are are very tenuous.
Wrong.
>No they took whatever they could, changing only what was necessary to move from polytheist to monotheist. That's how religion shifts naturally
No, they would have much rather purged all paganism entirely but couldn't manage it.
>Most Jews don't like Christianity and Christianity historically has been much more hostile towards Judaism than anything but you know.
You can't worship a Jew and be anti-Jewish simultaneously.
>>
>>75132354
Nigger, if I wanted someone to tell me about a church I'd have asked.
>>
>>75132354
There was always a difference between countryside christianity and the academic one that only stopped with the rise of public education.
150 years ago you had european countrypeople sacrifiecing grain to fieldspirits and saints, mash up prayers with archaic rites and keeping housecobolds who received an offering of milk. Some pretty wild stuff-anon might be interested in readin older books about scottish folklore and superstitions which will portray beliefs that would be regarded as straight up syncretic today.
>>
>>75132386
>religion exists even outside politics
It's actually not. It always was just a way for one group of people to control others, nothing more.
>>
>>75132408
>Doesn't change the fact that European pagan religions share a common origin in that period.
I can guarantee you whatever ""common origins"" you are imagining go way deeper to general humanistic themes. That doesn't make all religions are the same, because religions absolutely shift from place to place. Even if you look at a single figure, like Hercules, his "story" will shift incredibly from place to place.
Meanwhile "neopaganism" shares nothing but the most shallow aspects of any religion, its just meme garbage made up by weird antisemitic basement dwellers.

>Wrong.
No Im right.

>No, they would have much rather purged all paganism entirely but couldn't manage it.
No. Take whats good, and leave the rest. Almost all early Christians are themselves converted pagans who adopted Paganism into a monotheistic (Trinitarian monotheistic) framework, "Jewish Christians" were an early minority mostly rejected by the Gentile Christian mainstream and almost nonexistent nowadays.

>You can't worship a Jew and be anti-Jewish simultaneously.
lol whatever you creepy Nazi
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pogrom
>>
>>75132479
>It's actually not. It always was just a way for one group of people to control others, nothing more.
Nope this is wrong, learn to history.

>>75132449

""Syncretic"" practices have always been a part of Christianity and still are, the practices you describe only dropped off in Europe because agriculture in general dropped off in Europe, most Europeans now work in the service industry etc.

Christianity is a physical religion which uses a lot of what are called "sacramentals" or physical symbols of the outside world, as well as honoring and invoking Saints. Some of this is meshed in from paganism, some of it grew later than paganism.
>>
>>75132439
Thing is all authenthic shit you will find needs the mindset of a deeply superstitious person that lives of the land it lives on with a community-unironically believing there is a ghost in a certain plant that brings luck if put besides the house or that you can connect to a past family member by doing some weird shit with the corpse while the stuff suited for city dwelling modern people is usually the result of speculation (gods are just higher principles to life by! Etc) or takes from far eastern practizes.
https://books.google.de/books?id=8yMmtdyB-5IC&pg=PA73&lpg=PA73&dq=scottish+superstitions+ancestor+worship&source=bl&ots=Yii8-cn_Ou&sig=qj7N3FjiNa8I8jnTI_A7Ey8LcQc&hl=de&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiC9PqM9YLUAhXMC8AKHdBGBF0Q6AEIHjAB#v=onepage&q=scottish%20superstitions%20ancestor%20worship&f=false

If you read enough from that stuff, find something that can be taken into modern living, does not requiere scottish soil and also is a spiritism you can have faith in by all means get happy with that.
>>
>>75132532
>learn to history
That's exactly what history taught us. From ancient world, where religion insured authority of people who was in power, to modern day Russia where religion is used to brainwash people and make money.
>>
Why do so many people hate Jews, and specifically Jews, SO DAMN MUCH.

Jews aren't the super rich evil puppetmasters. I am sure some Jews might be rich etc. But most Jewish are just regular people, even a bit schlubby. Why not focus on the Turks or the Irish or the Latvians or whoever?? Why Jews? Christians used to hate Jews for "killing Jesus". And there was also this scare in the middle ages Jews would steal Christian foreskins and eat Christian babies in mazo balls or whatever.

But then Muslims and "neo-pagans" and sometimes even atheists still hate Jews and why?
>>
File: ave crux spes unica.jpg (471KB, 786x1024px) Image search: [Google]
ave crux spes unica.jpg
471KB, 786x1024px
>>75129637
France
pathetic gods crushed by the Cross
>>
>>75132588
>That's exactly what history taught us. From ancient world, where religion insured authority of people who was in power, to modern day Russia where religion is used to brainwash people and make money.

Did you learn about the many religions which were persecuted by governments? Which never had any power?

Only a few decades ago that Christians were persecuted in Russia. A specific religion sometimes is favored by a government, sometimes atheism is favored by a government, sometimes the government stays neutral. Really it just depends.
>>
>>75132605
Because they lived in closed communities and didn't contact much with locals. And people naturaly dislike aliens.
>>
>>75132633
>Did you learn about the many religions which were persecuted by governments? Which never had any power?
paganism, which is more about tradition anyway.
>>
>>75132532
True, they have been a part but were only tolerated due to the priests on the countryside being hillybillys themselves.
You have stories of protestants in the 16th century getting mad about maypole dancing and trying to ban it among other smaller crackdowns on all too blatant stuff later on.
Nowadays even saintworship has been sterilized and is mostly for old people or the few mediterran believers.
Oh also that one chapel of mary in bavaria where they give votiveplate offerings.
Catholicism always tried to span some bridge between tradition and the dogma, now that the tradition got discredited so throughoutly the dogmas entwined with it or only resembling anything "magical" are deemed redundant by the people as well and institutional christianity is in crisis (here).
>>
>>75132633
>which were persecuted by governments?
I never said anything about goverments. it's not necessary for you be a part of the goverment to have a political power.
>Which never had any power?
So religion without any followers? What kind of religion is that?
>>
Worship the god of abraham or G-d will be jealous.
>>
>>75132488
>I can guarantee you whatever ""common origins"" you are imagining go way deeper to general humanistic themes.
You can't guarantee shit, you're just trying to grasp at straws because paganism is the native European religion and you know it.
>No. Take whats good, and leave the rest
That's not what happened, they only removed what they could.
>lol whatever you creepy Nazi
Fuck off Zionist filth.
>>
>>75129761
>Scandinavians haven't had an organic connection to Norse Paganism for over a thousand years and neither have you.
well I have no idea what an "organic connection is" but we still have several connections to that stuff in our modern life
we don't beleive in paganism anymore, but it's still a part of our identity and there are many references to it throughout our culture even in christian times
>>
File: Перун-1.jpg (56KB, 453x640px) Image search: [Google]
Перун-1.jpg
56KB, 453x640px
>>75129637

flag
yes, I do
>>
>>75132781
Haхyя?
>>
>>75132605
The jews find themselves as the centerpiece of all major abrahamic religions, if you are faithful there is something about them you wilk deem relevant. So they cannot hide as just another ethno-religious group. They also dont like outsiders mingling with them (Jaweh often punishes them for doing so in the Torah) and only accept converts if they marry in, used to segregate a lot by themselves and where segregated by the people as well (jews wanted own jew quarters, medieval people in turn forbid them certain professions and forced them to wear silly hats) as their religion emphatises community a lot they are sucessful in bad times due to having a strong safety net but this creates suspicion and animosity by the others. Couple that with the religious significance (that also gets hyped up by everyone in times of crisis) and you get the recipe for "interesting" relationships between the jews and other people that explains their wild history in which they see themselves as the tragic protoganists quiet well.
>>
Nôhtawiy kisemanito
>>
>>75132709

>You have stories of protestants in the 16th century getting mad about maypole dancing and trying to ban it among other smaller crackdowns on all too blatant stuff later on.
Protestantism was its own thing and sometimes swung really austere as a way of differentiating itself from evil superstitious Catholics. (Nowadays I think most types of Protestant cooled off). But Protestantism has never been the majority of Christianity.

>Nowadays even saintworship has been sterilized and is mostly for old people or the few mediterran believers.
Maybe in (Northwest?) Europe, not in the Americas, I don't think in Asia/Africa either. Hell even "Mediterranean" is the traditional seat of European Christianity right? I was raised on St. Jude, St. Anthony, St. Therese, Blessed Mother etc. Plus the Santo Niño/Infant of Prague which ties Jesus deeply to his physical childhood.

[Northwest?] European Christianity got really traumatized by Protestantism then later World War stuff. I don't know how its shaping up but I know it got really secular/dry and weird and is still sorting itself out. (I hear German Christianity does like weird barbecue stuff and drink beer and then some secular message about love thy neighbor?) Most Christianity is still very oriented towards Saints/sacramentals and physical signs.

Pic related, local church parades the St. Anthony statue and the church ladies pin lot of money on him etc. St. Anthony is a big reason why I am Christian because he's very strong in his intervention.
>>
File: 150128_aepicolonization_web.jpg (328KB, 1078x516px) Image search: [Google]
150128_aepicolonization_web.jpg
328KB, 1078x516px
>>75132742

Not even a Zionist (personally I am neutral to Palestine/Israel but I hope they come to an agreement soon). I just know you are being an antisemite like come on. Jews aren't the evil boogeymans you think they are. They are literally just normal people.

Pic related...Jews. If they weren't literally holding a Jewish frat flag they would look like just whatever generic southern Europeans.

>>75132725
>I never said anything about goverments. it's not necessary for you be a part of the goverment to have a political power.
Some religions have zero political power in terms of being persecuted and zero rights. Russia itself has pretty ugly history with religions (during Communism especially).
>>
>>75132989
>Some religions have zero political power in terms of being persecuted and zero rights
But it still have control over some people, can affect their judgment and get some share of their resources.
>Russia itself has pretty ugly history with religions
Russia actually is a good example of how religion is used to control people. During WW2 Stalin changed his approach to ortodox church because he wanted to have power over religious people as well.
>>
>>75133114
>But it still have control over some people, can affect their judgment and get some share of their resources.
Religion is not a conscious entity. By your logic any kind of random belief or conviction can "control people". The English language is "controlling" you now.

>Russia actually is a good example of how religion is used to control people. During WW2 Stalin changed his approach to ortodox church because he wanted to have power over religious people as well.
He also bullied religious people and tried to make them more atheist/secular. Communism/atheism often go hand in hand because a lot of the " glorious leaders" want to be a godlike figure and religion gets in the way.
I don't envy Eastern Euros they have a rough history.
>>
File: 1472497113584.jpg (69KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1472497113584.jpg
69KB, 500x500px
>>75129637
>Scandinavia is my ancestral homeland
>Flag
Nice try potato, now go back to walmart.
>>
>>75132910
True. Protestantism was inequally distributed over europe tho. In some places it was a big deal and had the according impact on everybody.
Catholics also often tried to ban certain practizes be they trends or old stuff that got into the focus of a more neatly organised church.
Just as dogsacrifieces to the bog ended in the 12th (!) Century in some places of germany after the church infrastructure got denser there, a nationwide crackdown on incantations and countryside spiritism was woven into the school canon sanctified by the catholic church when the prussian state got dominon over most of the formerly decentralised states for the first time in the 19th century.

Yes I was talking about northwest europe in particular. I didnt know saintworship was a thing in northamerica but im aware that latinamerican and afro/asian catholicism is still wildly different.
Hell you allowed the phillipinos and chinese to retain ancestorworship after all.

No barbecues here and no beer. Just secular dry drivel that sounds like the clumsy attempt at having a state sanctioned kindergardener for adults. At least in the cities.
Actual believing catholics are a minority now, lutherans are on their way to extinction as the east is atheist.
Now figure out why wicca, western bhuddism and all kinds of weird shit are incubated in northwestern europe and america..
>>
>>75133169
>Religion is not a conscious entity
It is if we are talking about organized religion, aka church.
>He also bullied religious people and tried to make them more atheist/secular.
That was a struggle for power between different groups of people. And communist failed to achieve full victory in that struggle, so they had to cooperate in time of crisis.
>>
>>75133281
>>
>>75133305

North America is a blend of all different people (imho) including Latino Americans, but also Italian Americans, Filipino Americans and Irish Americans which tend to be the most Catholic. And yeah, Christianity does have a strong ties to "praying to/for the dead" at least traditionally. The Catholics of Heaven, Purgatory and Earth are all part of a single Church, and so I will pray for my dead relatives a lot. Not quite the same as ancestor "worship" but similar.

>a state sanctioned kindergardener for adults. At least in the cities.
Shame but this describes more dry/secularized Christianity to a T. After that going agnostic/atheist/secular religious is just a matter of changing a single label. I heard this was the fault of Protestantism clashes and World Wars but who knows. Like there was a lot of turmoil in Europe and then after Europe got peaceful in the 1950s it was the trend from there.

>Now figure out why wicca, western bhuddism and all kinds of weird shit are incubated in northwestern europe and america..
I think Wicca in particular offers that connection to the physical that Christianity used to offer in NW Europe. Western Buddhism offers the connection to the spiritual/prayer/meditation.

Islam I think is fastest growing but its mostly immigrants. (I am not anti-immigrant, but obviously they are coming from a different culture etc.)

>>75133312
>It is if we are talking about organized religion, aka church.
Not all religions are organized, and most churches are just a product of the people who follow that religion.
>>
>>75133559
>Not all religions are organized
Even the primitive tribal cults is organized. You have a set of believes and shamans who claim to have access to the will of spirits/gods, so they have power over people who believe them.
>>
>>75133559
beautiful
>>
>>75133559
I have underestimated catholicism in north america then. I could imagine that some quiet exiting blend comes from this exchange of communities.
> After that going agnostic/atheist/secular religious is just a matter of changing a single label.
Exactly.

I think Wicca, washed down east asian stuff etc. is mainly people trying to come up with something new themselves and mostly producing shoddy feelgood bullshit that falls to pieces or rearranges itself after one generation.
Spiritism used to be held in a religious framework to do good, this is now dead, so is the old (often agricultural) tradition so people make new stuff with questionable intention and result (lots of egomaniacs and money extractors out there..) and defend it zealously.
If Islam gets native converts, its the warlike salafis. They like to proselytize in youthprisons.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJrHDXnaWO8

I expect all kinds of either harmful or just weird cults to spring up from the esoteric and foreign substrate that is now widespread should life ever become harder here.

Btw, im curious.
You have any experiences/storys from relatives/auaintances of Intercessions of Anthony or saints in general? Might be personal to ask tho.
>>
>>75132989
Not Antisemite, just Anti-Zionist.
>>
File: 1465421082371.jpg (39KB, 640x512px) Image search: [Google]
1465421082371.jpg
39KB, 640x512px
>>75132989
>Jews aren't the evil boogeymans you think they are. They are literally just normal people.
Good goy, but I want you to pay more taxes from now on.
>>
File: the state of americans.png (98KB, 1270x1136px) Image search: [Google]
the state of americans.png
98KB, 1270x1136px
>>75129637
>>
>>75132113
the difference is that pagans weren't violent in that sense
they never tortured people because they had a different religion
>>
>>75134850
>they never tortured people because they had a different religion
I guess they didn't torture monks and priests then, right?

Stupid larping imbecile.
>>
>>75134890
they didn't

the church on the other hand opressed it's own followers. If you didn't follow the strict rules of catholicism you'd get punished, sometimes by being forced to live in an abbey
>>
File: bloodshedknowsnocreed.png (2MB, 1305x713px) Image search: [Google]
bloodshedknowsnocreed.png
2MB, 1305x713px
>>75134850

When Roman pagans killed Christian/Druids for not worshiping the emperor it definitely counts as "killing for having a different religion".
Plus many African pagans committed violence against Christians because they saw Christians as colluding with Europeans.
>>
>>75134998
That pic is retarded. Most of those people are historic figures, while Islam is violent TODAY. And how many of those committed atrocities in the name of their religions?

Islam is a backwards and barbaric religion that has no place in Western nations
>>
>>75134850
Romans repressed religions (including torture and execution) that were against emperor worship as this was the least one should do. If christians would have sacrifieced for the emprah they wouldnt have been martyred, but they were pretty strong on the no gods beside the one point.
As the roman polytheists believed that correct ritual was the only way to make contact to the gods and that the proper ritual-relationship over a long period was the reason the roman state did so well as it retained virtue for so long, not sacrifiecing to the deified state once a year, regardless of your private beliefs, was seen as a highly asocial thing to do that actually endangered the society as a whole as you selfishly took away from the communal sacrifiecial stack that kept the divine relations intact.
Thats why christians were persecuted and tortured/forced to sacrifiece or executed.
>>75134890
If you take guys like bonifacius, this was often more an allergic reaction to violent incursion on their part. In the south, systematic opression did happen for a long time tho.
>>
>>75135075

Point is that the problem is violence...not Islam. There are peaceful Muslims and violent Muslims.
Similarly there were violent pagans and peaceful pagans. Some in the name of their gods and some not.

I think right now Muslims seem more violent due to poverty maybe. But in the past they did very well in Spain etc.
>>
>>75135075
On top of that the pic pretends as if violence drops from the sky, ignoring that all these people acted violent in the constraints of their moral system or belonged to a certain strain of it that gave more room of allowance.
All moral systems and creeds have room for violence, as the monopoly on violence is the lifeblood of order and society but a creed or moral system can give differing freedom to enact it.
If a certain creed produces a continuous stream of violent enforcers of its doctrine, at a higher rate then other creeds, it must give more room to allow violence in general and thus can or must be attacked with violence on your own as it has proven to be a continuating threat.
>>
>>75135182
Serious question:
Is this bait? Please be honest.
>>
>>75135265

No its not bait. I get called too softhearted with Muslims but most Muslims are good people. I think it sucks to take a big blanket on Muslims.

Its like...men are more violent than women, but would you put a big blanket on men and say they don't belong?
>>
>>75135364
Of course men are more violent, we are biologically predispositioned for it, which is why every society needs some outlet for men to let off steam be it the army or a militant youth organisation(too collectivist for the west), some kind of fightclubs, or controlled room for hooliganism and music scenes that fetishize brutality.

Now, religions do the same. They take the violent and beastly nature of people and try to channel it into a direction that benefits all.
As a neutral example:
Bhuddists seem to detach violence from the ego for example and applie it in utilitarian ways centered around upholding a space were bhuddism can be practized.
Sometimes that space gets combined with a nationalistic terretorium and you end up with Hindus getting expelled from Bhutan for example.
This can be observed and as it is laid out in clear rules, different schools of rules on top of that, you can judge if a collective of bhuddists who will tend to follow these rules and selfpolice for their violation may be harmful for you or the society you life in and thus requiere counterviolence, a compromise or seperation.

Now, as the rules are clear and they can be interpreted differently which is usually announced by some central authority that was enabled by the religious collective for you as an outsider to acknowledge, you always know whether you are in potential conflict with a bhuddist school or not.

Same for Islam.
As Islam happens to have a groundwork in the form of a direct dictate of an angel aka God the omnipotent himself to Muhammed there is not much room for interpretation about a lot of corevalues.
Mainly, the seperation of the infidel from the believer in this life and in the afterlife.
The fusion of the law of the state and the law of god.
>>
>>75129637
Amerifat heathens are so fucking cringy, they're usually christcucks who have replaced Jehovah with Odin.
>>
>>75135824
These fundamental values have led to muslim states and societies acting the way they did today and in the past with some obscure deviations that were often subject to persecution themselves on the accusation of having syncretisized the message of god. See alevites.
Such as in Spain.
In Spain, you as a christian had to pay Jizha, part of the law dictated by god, a fee just for practising a different faith. You had to wear special cloth. You were executed for proselytising in public. If a muslim man married your daughter she had to convert-no multifaith families please. You were not allowed to build houses as high as muslim houses so they could look from their windows in yours but not the other way around.
That last thing was pelicular to Al Andalus and I dont want to portray it as an islamic dogma-but it was enabled by the muslim collective there.
If you read about the social laws christians had to follow there, you understand why the Requonquista acted as brutal as it did.
Now to catholicism. You will surely mention if I do not, as catholcism after formating its dogmas in a coherent way started to be a warlike faith that organised violence in a way to take the aggressive potential out of society and point it at the nonchristians outside of the catholic states with great sucess.
Difference to Islam was, that catholic dogma being centralised by the pope and not directly relying on the bible only but also on the tradition of interpreting law loosely based on biblical allegorys did not only slowly loosed its warlike character but also very early on acknowledged that the faith and the state were to be kept seperated. The two sword-teaching of the HRR created the foundation of the seperation of worldy law and the spiritual. Not every ruling of the community had to based on the word of god if it was convenient otherwise.
With the advent of the 17th century most states of europe had decided to keep war and violent law in the hands of the state and secular need
>>
>>75132605
Success breeds jealousy
>>
>>75132187
No, no the Pagan Vikings were peaceful people. They prayed to the tree spirits and came to England in boats to raise environmental awareness. They were practically the greenpeace of their era :3
>>
>>75136098
Conquest and execution were expected to follow the morals of christianity but the reasons were to be left to the rulers and people. Do what you can but be wary that you will be judged by god.
Another wave of conquest followed. For conquests sake, not for Christianities. Today, we have had enough of conquest for secular reasons after two worldwars and try to limit it as much as possible or keep it away in proxy wars.
The same development has happened with most far eastern religions who are content with the space of their nation or private community, a space their collective of believers agreed to act in.
Islam is different insofar as the only time it tried to seperate faith from the state (baathism, Kemalism)-only possible by violently supressing the islamic clerics who knew it was not in the spirit of the religion-and only possible by imitating the west, not growing into it by their own it failed to divert the violent potential of society to something productive but succumbed instead by loosing against western backed states like Israel, or infighting after secular tyrants like Saddam seized power and were ousted.
Now we have a steady stream of violence being sanctified by sunni (majority of Islam, and I will now only mean sunnis when I mean muslims as the shias are mostly irrelevant.) islamic clerics who are enabled by the believers following them. These clerics do not come from centralised authorities that can be attacked like the pope was attacked over the centuries, they are organised by the law of the book alone and local traditions in the way schools are organised.
Thus, you can judge the individual sunni muslim as an extension of a collective that enables a rather inflexible law which sancifies seperation and violence against you to a degree not everyone might want to tolerate or leave uncountered with violence of our own.
>>
>>75129637
hell yeah senpai anyone up for some zalmoxis worship LARPing hmu
>>
>>75136956
ma cheama decebal ama
>>
File: Charlemagne.jpg (596KB, 1179x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Charlemagne.jpg
596KB, 1179x1600px
>>75129637
France
I worship the God of my ancestors
>>
File: ukko.jpg (81KB, 434x600px) Image search: [Google]
ukko.jpg
81KB, 434x600px
>>75131179
Thread posts: 126
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.