[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the colonization and genocide of natives a widely discussed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

Is the colonization and genocide of natives a widely discussed topic in non-anglo american countries? I see a lot of Americans talking about it, feeling guilty and non-whites shaming them for it + slavery. Or do you have the "we conquered you, deal with it" attitude?
>>
Seriously? race mixing is ba- threads get 140 replies but actual discussions get 0? fuck you all
>>
File: IMG_2028.jpg (274KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2028.jpg
274KB, 1280x960px
>>75106194
I wish there was no slavery or coexistance between spain and natives
>>
>>75106194

here and in /his/ there are daily threads about if Iberians fucked up by mixing with the natives instead of killing them all as in north america.
>>
>Fighting the natives in open pitched battle is somehow worse than enslaving them, raping them and fucking them into a parody existence of themselves
Will never understand this logic
>>
No. Nobody cares.

It falls within the Dutch golden age, a period which is glorified in the Netherlands.
So slavery is usually just shrugged over as if it's just a small note.
>>
>>75106194

also, if you are interested, you can read books written in the XVI century by the people who did the conquest, about the conquest.
You then can easily see that what happened in Latin America was very different than what happened in the 1600s in the 13 Colonies.

here you have two translated into English about Paraguay

http://www.gutenberg.org/files/48058/48058-h/48058-h.htm

VOYAGE OF ULRICH SCHMIDT TO THE RIVERS LA PLATA AND PARAGUAI.
FROM THE ORIGINAL GERMAN EDITION, 1567.

THE COMMENTARIES OF ALVAR NUĂ‘EZ CABEZA DE VACA.
FROM THE ORIGINAL SPANISH EDITION, 1555.

and there are a lot more about the most important regions, like Mexico or Peru.
>>
>>75107823
Of course slavery is taught, but without any morality attached to it. It's just something that happened.
>>
>>75106194
lol when uruguay got the independence from Brazil, our first president, the first thing he do was kill all native americans by military forces and people here don't care because it were other times in history
>>
Some people like to talk about how indians are loosing land but we are taking care of it. We just fired a leftist from the department that is supposed to take care of indian matters and put a ruralist in his place so we can sell their lands easier.
>>
>>75106545
I know that feel
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.