[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In Britain, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are called the Teenage

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0276.jpg (74KB, 304x395px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0276.jpg
74KB, 304x395px
In Britain, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are called the Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles.
>>
>>74970146
There was some insane hyper-Puritan reason why they changed the name as well. Weirdly enough I still remember calling them "ninja turtles", I even had bedsheets with them.
>>
>>74970167
Same, even the games were labelled Ninja Turtles.
>>
Aren't they hero turtles in europe too?
>>
File: Britain WW1 guns.png (757KB, 642x666px) Image search: [Google]
Britain WW1 guns.png
757KB, 642x666px
>>74970146
>>74970167
The nunchucks were censored in the UK also and fighting was toned down. Back then nunchucks earned an 18+ rating.
>>
File: b7d.png (66KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
b7d.png
66KB, 1000x1000px
>When shown on the BBC, phrases such as "Let's kick some shell!" and "Bummer!" were removed from the episodes (the latter may relate to a British slang term for anal sex).
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
Was changed from Killing Machine to Hell Bent For Leather for the US release because Colombia didn't like the violent-sounding name. Which is weird because usually Americans are more chill with that stuff than Europeans. The US release however had the plus of the Green Manalishi cover being added on.
>>
>>74970146
Ninjas are trained assassins taught to brutally take the lives of their enemies with ruthless efficiency.

Look at the weapons those things you're holding. Nunchucks generate 90 pounds of pressure per square inch more than enough to shatter bone like brittle glass. Katana blades are used to decapitated in Palin the enemy and are usually sharp as razors. Yep they are all smiling and all yeah dude. I wonder how Raphael can sleep at night knowing how many lives he has ended by jamming those sai into the heart of his enemies
>>
>>74970146
All the computer versions of that NES TMNT game were awful--the only plus was that they had a save game feature.
>>
>>74970279
Dude I lived through the eighties. You don't know how crazy shit got with heavy metal music and the general populace.

You had parents suing bands because their kids went off the rails and fucking kill someone or something and they were claiming that heavy metal music was satanic and forced them to do it
>>
>>74970279
Wonder if they were just trying to bandwagon Fleetwood Mac's popularity in the late 70s with that cover.
>>
>>74970146
>Look at Mikeys balls.

>Look.
>>
>>74970354
The Green Manalishi was from the hippie-era Mark I Fleetwood Mac, not the faggy momrock version. Still a great song though, Priest's cover also kills the original.
>>
>>74970146
>My dad used to call them frogs
>"Anon, come pick up these frogs from off the floor!"

Not that frogs are much better than turtles, but I remember being very upset that he would deign to call my toys "frogs"
>>
>>74970350
And then in the 90s, they claimed that grunge was causing kids to commit suicide.
>>
>>74970602
And that rap was making kids commit drive bys>>74970602
>>
>>74970635
Most of the gangsta rap in Tupac's day was actually protest music about the misery of life in the ghetto and police brutality and shit like that. Only later did you have rappers come along who glorified the thug life.
>>
In Italy they are just called Tartarughe Ninja (Ninja Turtles)

Also our based opening
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wUGvVaVwG4
>>
>>74971429
No teenage mutant part?
>>
>>74971793
Nope
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.