[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do Poles feel about the fact that their greatest scientist,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 16

File: Nikolaus_Kopernikus.jpg (25KB, 330x385px) Image search: [Google]
Nikolaus_Kopernikus.jpg
25KB, 330x385px
How do Poles feel about the fact that their greatest scientist, Nicolaus Copernicus, was a German_
>>
>>74825595
German nationality didn't exist back then.
He was a subject of the Polish King and fought against Teutonic Order, his homeland was Poland.

But if you want to play that game. How do you feel about Manstein being a Pole? How will you feel when it turns out Bismarck was a Pole as well?
>>
>>74825595
>His father was a merchant from Kraków and his mother was the daughter of a wealthy Toruń merchant
>Educated in Kraków
>"he, together with part of the Warmia chapter, represented a program of strict cooperation with the Polish Crown and demonstrated in all his public activities (the defense of his country against the Order's plans of conquest; proposals to unify its monetary system with the Polish Crown's; support for Poland's interests in the Warmia dominion's ecclesiastic administration) that he was consciously a citizen of the Polish-Lithuanian Republic"

Yep, sounds like German
>>
File: Copernicus-an-Herzog-Albrecht.png (86KB, 1599x2515px) Image search: [Google]
Copernicus-an-Herzog-Albrecht.png
86KB, 1599x2515px
>>74826013
>But if you want to play that game. How do you feel about Manstein being a Pole? How will you feel when it turns out Bismarck was a Pole as well?
It wouldn't matter to me, because German and Polish are cultural categories, not genetical.
So if a Pole grows up in Germany and has German mentality and culture, then he is, as far as I am concerned, German

>>74826016
Then how do you explain that he talked and wrote in German?
>>
>>74826061
>So if a Pole grows up in Germany and has German mentality and culture, then he is, as far as I am concerned, German

So that's how we die, by our own neglect
>>
>>74826100
dude, Prussians were literally germanized Poles and Old-Prussians, and Austrians are Germanized Slovenes
There never was a "pure" Germanic race
>>
File: West Germany vs East Germany.png (3MB, 2383x747px) Image search: [Google]
West Germany vs East Germany.png
3MB, 2383x747px
>>74826100
WE DIE BY OUR OWN NEGLECT :DDD

You die because germans are simple creatures that follow what's presented to them. You're easy to manipulate.
>>
File: face big mouth.jpg (26KB, 250x242px) Image search: [Google]
face big mouth.jpg
26KB, 250x242px
>he is so insecure that he tries to steal other countries' achievements
>>
File: 1443433020166.jpg (30KB, 272x248px) Image search: [Google]
1443433020166.jpg
30KB, 272x248px
>>74826225
>he's that Pole who uses a proxy to shill for Poland because no one else does
>>
File: face australia-friendly.png (839B, 125x112px) Image search: [Google]
face australia-friendly.png
839B, 125x112px
>>74826266
>he is so jealous of Poland that he assume everyone who praises Poland is Polish
>>
>>74826016

The Germans in Poland and Prussia supported Poland against the Teutonic Order because it was in their economical interest, it means nothing.
>>
File: IMG_2838.jpg (38KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2838.jpg
38KB, 500x333px
>>74826342
> He doesn't deny it
>>
>>74826210
the west was always more cucked lad
>>
>>74826446
Erich von Manstein supported Germany against Poland because of his own interests. It means nothing.
>>
>>74826210
East Germany should've form union with Poland after soviet states collapsed
>>
>>74826606
Why? Because they have blonde hair? Sure, parts of Poland are probably blonder than west Germany, but northern Germany is blonder than both.
>>
>>74826657
>>74826606
this, the east is a bit closer to poland genetically, but still miles away
>>
>>74826657
They had more in common with Poland than with West Germany at that point. Unification of Germany was a mistake - they should've stay independent or form some union with Poland.
>>
File: east germany.png (633KB, 1289x667px) Image search: [Google]
east germany.png
633KB, 1289x667px
>>74826723
this, i hate that we united with west germany, it completely fucked berlin and they also pull us into their cuckery until no germans exist
>>
File: banknot_kopernik_awers.jpg (130KB, 800x366px) Image search: [Google]
banknot_kopernik_awers.jpg
130KB, 800x366px
>>74825595
Sunday trolling, huh? It's true that the language that Copernicus was useing on daily basis was German. But that is the only reason to suspect him of being a German. Poland at the time of Copernicus was a completely different country than it is now. It was multinational, multilingual, multicultural. Copernicus was 100% Polish. BTW, funny, as today's angry young nationalists wear hoodies with pictures reminiscent of timess when one of the signs of the Polish power and glory was its multiculturalism.
>>
>>74826686
>miles away
>>74826657
Let me tell you about your country.

New worlders raus.
>>
>>74826809
>Copernicus was 100% Polish
Not necessarily true, historians agree that his mother was German, but whatever.
>>
>>74826941
As if maternal lineages count.
Besides, Poles and Germans mixed for centuries, even before medieval era.. Both nobility and peasantry.

Copernicus R1b is still undetermined, as far as we know it could come from Lugii, which inhabited South Poland.
>>
>>74827008
Perhaps this example is a bit much, but if a person's mother tongue was Chinese and they were half Polish and half Chinese, would you consider them "100% Polish"? No, and the same goes for Copernicus. Yes, it makes sense to consider him Polish, but 100% Polish is just wrong.
>>
File: Marie_Curie_c1920.jpg (178KB, 813x1077px) Image search: [Google]
Marie_Curie_c1920.jpg
178KB, 813x1077px
>>74826809
Sunday trolling, huh? It's true that the language that Curie was useing on daily basis was Polish. But that is the only reason to suspect her of being a Pole. Russia at the time of Curie was a completely different country than it is now. It was multinational, multilingual, multicultural. Curie was 100% Russian.
>>
File: polandball kawaii3.png (1022B, 106x73px) Image search: [Google]
polandball kawaii3.png
1022B, 106x73px
ITT: Butthurt Germans bully Poland out of jealousy
>>
>>74826605

1. Manstein didn't speak Polish
2. A Polish name doesn't mean he was purely of Polish ancestry. His mother was from Western Germany and his father's side was probably also mixed
3. Germans in Poland were often against the Teutonic order, but didn't give up their language and separate identity (some assimilated though, but a German minority group was present during all the centuries of the existence of Poland-Lithuania.)
>>
>>74827223
zdechnij wreszcie proxycioto.
>>
>>74827184
But anons from France said that she was French, same as Chopin
>>
File: Friedrich Nietzsche.jpg (103KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Friedrich Nietzsche.jpg
103KB, 1280x720px
"My ancestors were Polish noblemen (Nietzky); the type seems to have been well preserved despite three generations of German mothers."[93] At one point Nietzsche becomes even more adamant about his Polish identity. "I am a pure-blooded Polish nobleman, without a single drop of bad blood, certainly not German blood."[94] On yet another occasion Nietzsche stated "Germany is a great nation only because its people have so much Polish blood in their veins [...] I am proud of my Polish descent."
>>
>>74827132
If they consider themselves to be Polish then why not?
It's all about culture.
>>74827241
>1. Manstein didn't speak Polish
No shit
>A Polish name doesn't mean he was purely of Polish ancestry. His mother was from Western Germany and his father's side was probably also mixed
His family comes from Polish-Kashubian szlachta, his mother doesn't matter
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lewinski_(Adelsgeschlecht)
>3. Germans in Poland were often against the Teutonic order, but didn't give up their language and separate identity (some assimilated though, but a German minority group was present during all the centuries of the existence of Poland-Lithuania.)
It doesn't matter, many of the Germans considered themselves to be Poles.
>>
File: arhivach.org.jpg (42KB, 500x498px) Image search: [Google]
arhivach.org.jpg
42KB, 500x498px
>being jealous
>Poland
>>
>>74825595
Nicola Copernico was italian
>>
File: middlefingerstockphoto.jpg (88KB, 532x800px) Image search: [Google]
middlefingerstockphoto.jpg
88KB, 532x800px
>>74827223
>>
>>74827254
fine by me, as long as she is not Polish
>>
>>74825595
Nishio Keiji (西尾敬二) was 100% Japanese, idiot.
>>
>>74827287
>It's all about culture.
Funny because according to you in the past, genetics, particularly Y-DNA, is everything
For example:
>England is Celtic because muh Celtic haplogroups and muh Celtic admixture
>East Germany is West Slavic because muh blonde hair, muh R1a and muh Slavic admixture
>>
>>74827345
>according to you in the past,
?
>>
Why would anyone be suprised Germans bend over and let any immigrant inside their country.
>>
File: pepe disgusted.jpg (101KB, 1024x904px) Image search: [Google]
pepe disgusted.jpg
101KB, 1024x904px
>>74827345
>according to you in the past,
?? are you a retard or something?
what's your obsession with Poland?
>>
>>74827360
You're the guy that always argues with me and the French retard, no?
>>
File: polish-german culture.jpg (87KB, 599x401px) Image search: [Google]
polish-german culture.jpg
87KB, 599x401px
>>74827345
>>74827360
I don't know what are you talking about but I'll bite.
Both Germans and Poles mixed for thousands of years, there is no German or Polish ethnos without this mix. As far as culture goes, look at Polish food then look at German food and tell me you see drastic differences, go to a Polish town and I mean Polish town and then to a German one. See a lot of difference in architecture? Not at all(inb4 build by Germans, the only thing Germans did is that they simplified Polish buildings)
If you consider yourself a Pole even if you're not (Hur muh genetically haplomaps :DD", you are one. Same goes for Germans.

Stealing cities and even people from us is another thing. And it's low. Considering Germans thought of Poles as subhumans.
>>
>>74827422
I don't care about French shitposter, butthurt memeing polack and you we-wuzing about British being Germanic.
The french guy simply replaces one issue of the pan-germanic world with pan-celtic one.
>>
>>74827519
>If you consider yourself a Pole
I identify myself as a Ka-50 though.
>>
>>74827569
Then fly high, my black eagle. :^)
>>
>>74825595
Excuse me but Nicolò Copernico was a talented lombard teacher
>>
>>74827519
I never said Copernicus wasn't Polish. I just said it's wrong to say he's 100% Polish because that is clearly untrue. Regardless of how close Germans and Poles were at the time, speaking a non-Polish tongue and having a non-Polish mother makes you not 100% Polish, simple as that.
>>
>>74827132
In a way you are right, but it's just semantics. Obviously we are all mongrels. There are no pure Germans, Poles, or whatevers. What i ment was that a lot of Polish subjects (not really citizens yet, cause an idea of citizeship is younger than that) were speaking languages different than polish, but they were born in the Kingdom, were living all their lives in the Kingdom, thought of themselves as part of the Kingdom. We can't be sure what was Copernikus thinking, but what we know about him strongly sugests that how it was with him. He wasn't only a "scientist", he was a military man activly fighting on Polish side and defending its land. Angela Merkel is not Polish, even though she had Polish ancestors.
>>
>>74827287
>If they consider themselves to be Polish then why not?

How do you know? I don't think we can now for sure the identity of Copernicus.

>It's all about culture.
Which was different from the Polish majority in language and after the reformation also often in religion. I wouldn't consider all citizens of the Russian empire as Russians even if they supported the state.

>No shit
Yeah, that's why it was pretty stupid to bring him up.
>>
>>74827662
>How do you know? I don't think we can now for sure the identity of Copernicus.
He swore allegiance to the crown of Poland, not Teutonic crown of Order or "Kingdom of Germany" trashed into small parts that bled each other dry for the small piece of land.

It was as stupid as claiming Kopernik was a pure-blooded German.
>>
>>74827709

>He swore allegiance to the crown of Poland

Which was common for the Germans in Poland (as was for the Germans in Russia to support the state). This does not determine a person's ethnicity.
>>
he looks fingolian to me

no such thing as (((((((german)))))))

especially not since ww2
>>
>>74827184
Still trolling :) In a way, she might have been portrayed this way. But there are reasons why she isn't. I don't mind shering her fame with French. I also think that as scientist she was more of a French scientist than anything else. Poland was under ocupation during her life and she wouldn't become who she become is she didn't run away to France. But she stayed Polish though - a fact that she herself was mentioning on meny occasion.
>>
>>74827928
Poland wasn't under occupation, it was part of Russia and Germany. It didn't exist as a country
>>
>>74828058
Somehow Poles still spoke Polish.

Enjoying German social benefits, Russian NEET?
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.