[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm thinking of getting a DNA test from Family Tree DNA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

So I'm thinking of getting a DNA test from Family Tree DNA
Should I take the autosomal test or burn money on Y-DNA/mtDNA tests?
Or use a completely different DNA service?
>>
>>74761780

Look in the mirror, you are Mongolian.
>>
>Or use a completely different DNA service?

I'm also curious about this.
>>
File: quant stuff.png (47KB, 1164x381px) Image search: [Google]
quant stuff.png
47KB, 1164x381px
>>74761780
If you're going to use Familytreedna.com go for the Y test, they are really thorough in reporting results. The mtDNA results I had from them were oversimplified to the level of Ancestry.com generalities
>>
>>74761780
also curious
i've seen some people use 23andme
>>
You dont need DNA test to know you are subhuman
>>
>>74761780
>Giving your genetic info that will be sold to various companies that will combine it with other data points that will allow them to better predict what you enjoy, and will purchase

lol
>>
>>74762583
Took the National Geographic test.
Seems to be the best one
>>
>>74765227
They can be given anonymously
>>
>>74765283
a lot of the comments say it's general af and sucks ass
did it give specific countries and percentages or?
>>
>>74765144
Mm, but I know my paternal side back to the 15th century and would also ne very interested in my mothers side
It seems autosomal would give information on both sides but not as accurately?
>>
>>74761780
what are the prices asked?
>>
>>74768953
69 dollars for autosomal
169 dollars for Y-DNA
>>
>>74769203
thanks, might as well do both of them I suppose
>>
>>74765144
>>74765684
Is there any company that gives you the raw data so you can have someone else analyse it if you don't like the quality? I mean, the whole human genome is about 3 billion base pairs, and they don't sequence all of it, so it should fit on a modestly sized hdd.
>>
>>74769252
>Belgium can afford all this
Pls gibsme Belge, I promise to shill pro-EU opinions in the future
>>
>>74765684
>did it give specific countries and percentages
Yes but in any test those would be estimates.
You cant exactly define DNA into seperate countries. Thats not how it works. Anyone who claims they can do that should be taken with a grain of salt
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.