[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was your family's first computer? If you were alive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: gallery_27823_643_424927.jpg (598KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
gallery_27823_643_424927.jpg
598KB, 1600x1200px
What was your family's first computer? If you were alive before the WWW came about, what did people think about foreign computers? Besides writing papers for school and video games, what were your favorite programs? Did you ever type in BASIC or other language programs from magazines? If your schools had computers, what were they? What do people in your cunts think about single board computers? Apologies if I'm rambling. I'm a bit inebriated.
>>
File: ibm-thinkpad-750c.jpg (62KB, 645x512px) Image search: [Google]
ibm-thinkpad-750c.jpg
62KB, 645x512px
My mother got a laptop to use in her work and she brought it home. Can't remember the exact model but it was an IBM similar to this.

I remember playing a game where you were supposed to let some goo go through pipes and you rotated and built pipes to do it, as well as a game where you collect keys to open doors and they were in different colours.

My father got me a visual basic computer closer to the millenia but I never really got into it.
>>
>>74727273
>I remember playing a game where you were supposed to let some goo go through pipes and you rotated and built pipes to do it
I remember playing a game like this on my 3rd grade tutor's Commadore64. She was the one person I knew that had a Commadore. I wish Amigas had been more popular here.
>>
amiga 500
>>
Pentium - 2 on 2000 a.d.
>>
>>74727201
my family didn't own a computer until they gifted me althlon 64 3200 + radeon 9800 in 2003
>>
>>74727201
An og windows 95 tower.
>>
run of the mill 486 dos pc

i remember playing the first test drive a lot with my dad on it
>>
>>74727201
didnt have one until like 2008
>>
my brain
>>
Do your cunts take open source software and hardware seriously? I feel like things are stagnant in the US because of virtual monopolies that Microsoft, Apple, Intel, and Adobe have become. Computers should be like cars. If I can't buy a manual showing me exactly how it works, it needs to go in the garbage. Our patent laws are too fucked now. Europe and Asia are the ones to bring us out of the dark ages. Maths and science are no longer important here. It's up to you guys.
>>
>>74727201
A 60mhz Pentium. At that time dad was the only person out of all his friends and colleagues to have a computer.
>>
Soviet clone of ZX Spectrum. I remember playing some game about ninjas from audio cassete tape.
>>
>>74727201
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.