[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why can't we bring back colonial empires World would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1404.png (22KB, 1474x620px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1404.png
22KB, 1474x620px
Why can't we bring back colonial empires
World would be better place
>>
>>74718594
it wouldnt
fuck whites
>>
>>74718594
It was a system that was both based upon and encouraged racism. FUCK DRUMPF.
>>
>>74718594
Because my dear Antipodean friend down under, it's actually really hard running them.
>>
>>74718594
Empires are globalist-tier aids. The world is better if there are many cultures co-existing (but not mixing)
>>
>>74718664
they are all shit
ireland is a useless non country that should belong to the uk
>>
>>74718594
it would just be the same with more conflicts
>>
>>74718629
No it wasn't.
>>
>>74718831
If you just fuck all your subjects and let the dice fall where they may then perhaps.
>>
>>74718831
>It wasn't

Your king literally ran off to one of your colonies, leaving you kingless.
>>
>>74718594
Why does Libya and Cameroon looked all fucked up borders wise
>>
>>74718831
For a lot of colonial empires many of the colonies were unprofitable for the governments. Individual companies gained a lot of wealth, but the administration and everything else involved required a lot of tax revenue.
>>
>>74718621
This
>>
>>74719285
Actually many did net a profit or at least be whatever is in between being in the red or black.

On top of that many in the long term had immense utility and wealth.
>>
>>74718879
Dats what he meant and it worked lel.
>>
>>74718594
Because empires were established to control the regional resources to improve the power of the core nation. Guess what First World countries do nowadays without the need to be there exercising direct control?
>>
>>74718926
Thus proving the point that colonies are effective.
>>
File: 1477096633343.jpg (1MB, 2202x1300px) Image search: [Google]
1477096633343.jpg
1MB, 2202x1300px
>>74718594
>This world sucks, why can't we go back to colonialism?

>This civil war sucks, why can't we go back to the giant arguments and sectarian differences?

>This depression sucks, why can't we go back to the unregulated market bubble?

>This totaled car sucks, why can't we go back to swerving on a wet road?

>These stitches and antibiotics suck, why can't we go back to running with a knife in my hand?
>>
>>74718594
Most of these places either hate us or are indifferent towards us. I don't see what we got out of it.
>>
>>74719583
Colonies were very very great in the days of mercantilism and early capitalism.

I always see the colonies were unprofitable as pure hogwash because the data gor profits and expenses ate largely unknown (they exist very much so in abundant numbers but you have to go to the place that stores the papers and records)
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.