[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why doesn't Japan recognize the Ryukyuans languages and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Location_of_the_Ryukyu_Islands.jpg (47KB, 482x377px) Image search: [Google]
Location_of_the_Ryukyu_Islands.jpg
47KB, 482x377px
Why doesn't Japan recognize the Ryukyuans languages and help recover the languages of the non-Yamato Japonic peoples?
>>
they have their own language ?
but why when they can speak japanese
>>
>>74684839
Muh heritage, my friend. And the fact that they're as related to Japanese as English to Romanian, yet get called "dialects".
>>
>>74684790
I feel sorry for the Okinawans. One of the most peaceful races, never attacked anyone, didn't even have a standing army. They were just traders who enjoyed fishing and chilling. Then the Japs conquered them in the 17th century. Worst of all, the Okinawans took the brunt of the damage during the Pacific Theater, and now they have the American military on their soil. If a war ever starts between the US/Japan and China, you can bet your ass that Okinawa is going to be the first to get nuked. Very, very sad history for a peaceful people. Sadly, one of the most cucked races in the world. Well, I guess they're better off than the Hmong who don't even have a homeland of their own.
>>
>>74685233
>now they have the American military on their soil.
So what? It brings money.
There is one where I live as well.
>If a war ever starts between the US/Japan and China,
Quite a big if unless you're 15 and played way too much at videogames.
>>
>>74684839
>why do people hold on to their historical identity
Fuck off jew
>>
Ryukyuans are also still subject to extreme racism by the Japanese.
>>
>>74684790
Japanese/Koreans/Chinese/Vietnamese all exterminate minorities and then call them Japanese/Chinese/etc.

China just gets yelled at because they are doing it later than the Japs.
>>
>>74689505
And no, I am not kidding. Ryukyu was independent for 2000 years until the 1880's
>>
>>74689453
>subject to extreme racism by the Japanese

Absolutely No.
Koreans and Chinese try to spread the meme to undeploy the US base in Okinawa.
>>
>>74684790
no one bothers their language
if you talking about the independence, it seems too late
their trends are almost the same as mainland nowadays
there are real lives that typical lefties won't know
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.