[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Americans believe all illness is a consequence of moral failure

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 205
Thread images: 15

File: image.jpg (109KB, 640x801px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
109KB, 640x801px
>Americans believe all illness is a consequence of moral failure and should be punished as such

Hm, who would have anticipated that if a bunch of religious extremists arrived by boat and slaughtered an entire continent of people their descendants would end up believing some bizarre shite?
>>
>>74463214
Americans have this weird Calvinst streak I've never understood and don't really want to.
>>
>>74463214
It's incredibly fucked up logic, but you see it everywhere. It's not often said openly in the Republican Party, but there's an unspoken understanding that poor people are to blame for being poor and they should suffer for it.

Congressmen/Senators won't say it, but normal right-wing pundits like Ben Shapiro will literally say "it's your fault you're poor" and alt-right commentators like that Milo guy wear shirts that say "stop being poor". It's an incredibly fucked up mindset.

>>74463984
You already do understand, it's literally Calvinism and other Christian movements like it. They've always formed the cornerstone of American culture.
>>
these politicians are completed retards. With the way our food system is, you can eat healthy and still get sick due to the pesticides and other shit in it.
>>
>>74464224
Indeed. Also there's the salient consideration that the presentation of many costly diseases such as cystic fibrosis or sickle cell anemia have literally nothing to do with one's lifestyle but are rather accidents of birth.
>>
It's some variation on the Protestant work ethic. It derives from those religious extremists.
>>
>>74464126
Where I live, poor people are usually lazy sacks of shit. They don't want to work, take care of their homes, or even their own health. Why would I want to pay for that? If you want to, then by all means, go ahead. Leave me the fuck out of it.
>>
>>74463214
I'm reasonably certain that by "good" he means healthy. Completely understandable mistake given your flag desu.
>>
>>74463214
He's correct, generally speaking. There's significantly more people whom lead unhealthy lives and get sick because of it than healthy people who fall ill unexpectedly.
>>
>>74464531
>using whom to denote the subject of the sentence

Opinion discarded lol
>>
>>74463214
>Hm, who would have anticipated that if a bunch of idiots nobody wanted arrived by boat and mixed like there was no tomorrow with all kinds of subhumans their descendants would end up believing some bizarre shite?
>>
I was arguing with an American a month ago and he said dying without healthcare is noble
Lmao fuck my country
>>
>>74464755
Contrary to popular belief, Sven, most "white" Americans are just European mutts rather than Amerindian or Ghanaian KANGZ.
>>
File: 1462163344398.jpg (18KB, 250x239px) Image search: [Google]
1462163344398.jpg
18KB, 250x239px
>These dumbass republicans pushing their religious extremism down our throats

Could you fucking not
>>
I don't see anything wrong with this
I mean those who are healthy shouldn't pay as much as the obese alcoholics
>>
File: image.png (535KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
535KB, 640x1136px
AJAJAJAAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA

an AmericANO, seniores!
>>
>>74463214
>natives were slaughtered by religious extremists
>the majority of americans were puritans

>american education
>>
Blacks and Mexicans are more likely to be obese than any other ethnic group in America. Blacks and Mexicans are more likely to have diabetes and heart disease than any other ethnic group in America. Blacks and Mexicans are more likely to be on publicly-funded healthcare than any other group.

I'm not saying "lol, fuck people who need health insurance". But those two diseases are two of the most common killers of all Americans and two of the largest causes of healthcare spending. And they are almost entirely down to personal choice. We need a concerted government campaign discouraging people from eating shitty fast food, just like we had a campaign to discourage people to smoke (for the exact same reasons, btw).
>>
>>74465688
>Puritans were the only influential religious extremists in the early history of the US
>fringe Protestant doctrines did not figure in the development and influence of manifest destiny

AJAJAJAJAJAJAJA

a LeafANO scholar, seniores!
>>
How exactly is this untrue? Are the hysterical women crying about "Calvinism" in this thread prepared to argue that eating garbage food and living a sedentary couch potato lifestyle doesn't cause a very significant part of preventable medical conditions?
>>
>>74463214
>slaughtered an entire continent of people

This is an absurd exaggeration. Nearly all of the natives died of diseases spread unintentionally by Europeans. If there was a huge native population that the Europeans had tried to murder, then the US would look like Peru. North America was very sparsely populated to begin with, and the diseases wiped nearly all of the inhabitants out.

This whole '"colonists committed genocide you guys" meme is ridiculous. It's on par with saying that rats committed genocide against Europeans during the Black Death/Bubonic Plague. In both cases, literally all they had to do was show up and the people would just start dropping dead, although in Europe "only" 40% of the population died while in North America somewhere between 80% and 95% of the population died.
>>
>>74464126
>It's an incredibly fucked up mindset.
No, it's not. Do you know any poor people? They usually have fucked up priorities, and they frequently make bad decisions.
>>
>>74465870
Not all preexisting conditions are preventable or the result of being a lardass my dear Moortuguese
>>
>>74465870
Having a think>>74465629
>>
>>74463214
>their descendants
Virtually no Americans are descended from settlers; we're mostly descended from immigrants.
t. descended from settlers
>>
>>74465765
>Blacks and Mexicans are more likely to be obese than any other ethnic group in America.

It's kind of funny how the media in the US and worldwide portrays a fat American as a white lady on a mobility scooter, when more often than not it's a black or a mexican.

>>74465870
This isn't just about fatass diseases though. If Congress was cutting healthcare for diseases caused by being a fat fuck, I'd be 100% on board, because that is completely on you. This is about all preexisting conditions.
>>
>>74464224
No you can't
>>
File: 1489974690598.jpg (8KB, 268x284px) Image search: [Google]
1489974690598.jpg
8KB, 268x284px
>yankees brought slaves over
>now theyre stuck with millions of jiggy niggys
>fight the civil war so the south remains
>those cousin fucking retards will now ruin healthcare, the environment, workers rights and everything else that makes america 1st world
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA *breaths in* HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHSHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>74463214
>Vox
>>
>>74464531
This

Fat people have no one to blame but themselves
>>
>>74466044
I can trace my lineage back to a North Carolinean slave overseer from the 18th century
>>
>>74463214
ahhhh so this is why you incarcerate and kill your poor
>>
>>74464126
>like that Milo guy wear shirts that say "stop being poor"
That obnoxious cunt was born into wealth and doesn't have to work a day in his life. Man, what a prick.
>>
>>74465983
Yes, and for every guy with cystic fibrosis there's a hundred with type 2 diabetes.

I'm not against universal healthcare, but do give me a break if you're going to pretend the unhealthy aren't usually that way because of their own behaviour.
>>
>>74463214

Literally nothing is wrong with his statement

Look at the math

Healthy people get sick less often so mathematically it makes sense

Being healthy for cheap is hilariously easy

I should not have to pay for your shitty choices
>>
>>74466044
>Virtually no Americans are descended from settlers

Not exactly true. I think Americans descended from settlers are a minority, but not by that much.

>12% of the population is black (and since the slave trade was banned in 1805 nearly all of them can trace their ancestry from pre-colonial times)
>About 20% of the population is of English/Scottish/Northern Irish descent, nearly all of them tracing their roots back to pre-revolution times. These are the New England and Deep South whites named Johnson/Jackson/Williams/etc.

You're right that we're mostly immigrants, but it's not fair to say that virtually no Americans are descended from settlers.
>>
File: pigs.png (535KB, 556x587px) Image search: [Google]
pigs.png
535KB, 556x587px
>>74466164
No, that would be so private prisons can make money
>>
>>74466138
Yeah, and my family roots in this country go back to English settlers in 1680s Virginia. Nonetheless, we're exceptional in that regard.
I'm not even white t'bh (mixed race)
>>
>>74466079
>yankees brought slaves over

This isn't true. Slaves were overwhelmingly brought by wealthy Southerners, who paid Europeans or other Southerners to go to Africa and get the slaves.
>>
File: 1299188885778.jpg (31KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1299188885778.jpg
31KB, 240x240px
>>74463214
>Hm, who would have anticipated that if a bunch of religious extremists arrived by boat and slaughtered an entire continent of people

I hate to break it to you, but every since existing "tribe" of people is where they are today because they extinguished other tribes and took their resources.

The Romans destroyed countless cultures. So did the the Aztecs. So did the Babylonians. So did the Han Chinese. So did the Indians. So did the Arabs. So did the Danes/vikings. So did the Turks.

Might has always been right, you pussy. It's the default behavior of humanity, not the exception.
>>
>>74466256
>the slave trade was banned in 1805
Not so fast my savage traitorous yankee friend. That would be the superior british that banned any new purchases in 1805. You idiots waited until 1865 and killed millions of each other first.
>>
>>74463214
United Statians*
>>
>come up with a healthcare plan that effectively takes money away from old fat poor people and gives it to, like, the trump children
>flip the fuck out and become literally apoplectic when the ex-first lady tried to make school lunch give kids a fucking salad every once in a while

Hmmm. Hmmmmmm
>>
>>74464224
>With the way our food system is, you can eat healthy and still get sick due to the pesticides and other shit in it.

>this is what greens actually believe

What next, are you going to display your subpar knowledge of science to say "nuuuucler energiez is bad!!" too?
>>
>>74466326
lol
>>
>>74466334
>might makes right
>mmm yeah i love military-industrial complex cock
>>
>>74466404

This
>>
File: 1492969421653.jpg (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1492969421653.jpg
7KB, 225x225px
>>74463214
>republicans
not even once
>>
>>74465765

You just said it yourself you dumb fuck. Most of them ARE on publicly funded healthcare. So why can't EVERYONE get on that shit? Our tax dollars are already going to the healthcare of poor, uneducated and unhealthy people. Why not to the rest of us?
>>
>>74464473
>I'm reasonably certain that by "good" he means healthy.
Nigger please. These are religious conservative types and you know damn well what they mean. When Americans talking heads use euphemisms like "he was a good man", "they are good people", etc. it is usually an insinuation about traditional Americana, which is hard working, community driven, highly religious. The sort of "good people" who give up their lives to work as a slave for family and faith.
This is not a secular context that American political rhetoric operates within.
>>
>>74466326
I call all Americans yankees. That north south divide is your problem, not mine.
>>
>>74466054
Seeing a black or a mexican on those scooters is extremely rare.
>>
>>74466399
>hurr durr pay for my healthcare while I slack off

Fuck off fatass, hit the gym.
>>
>>74466334
The colonists who arrived in North America didn't slaughter an entire continent. Where the fuck did this narrative come from? Is it some bizarre combination of leftists blaming whites for everything and nazis wanting to pretend that their ancestors were really great at genocide?

The Natives dropped dead en masse from diseases spread unintentionally. I wasn't a deliberate slaughter, it was

>hey, this is a nice place
>oh, there are some people here, let's talk to them
>5 years later
>shit nearly all of them just dropped dead. Weird. Ok, this is ours now, time to kill off the stragglers.

The natives died off at insane rates all over the Americas, but North America (where the US/Canada are, of course) were exceptional because of how sparsely populated the region was to begin with, for various reasons.
>>
>>74466334
Are americans really this stupid or are you pretending?
Most of those empires took over the countries they annexed and ruled over them under a new system or even under the old system.
They didn't genocide the population than bring their own people to repopulate the land.
>>
>>74466432

>as he says posting from a country that took land away from the First Nations
>territory equal to 9,984,670 km2, the second largest in the world

I'm afraid you can't post until you erase every instance of Canadian "might made right" from your history. Otherwise, you're a hypocrite.
>>
>>74465765

This

Make them pay for themselves and see if they're still fat
>>
>the government should pay for my things

This entire mentality is stupid and needs to stop. The USA needs to go back to 1900, slash taxes across the board, scrap income tax, and get the fuck out of healthcare altogether.
>>
>>74466493
pay ur denbts before shittalking anyone
>>
>>74466365
Not so fast, my leaf friend. The United States banned the slave trade in 1807, the law went into effect in 1808.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Act_Prohibiting_Importation_of_Slaves

Slavery itself obviously survived beyond that, but my point is that nearly all black Americans can trace their ancestry before this act and before the revolution itself.
>>
>>74466534
We have far more generous treaties with the natives than you do. We never tried to genocide all of them and we actually honour our treaties unlike you. One of the reasons you uppity fags rebelled is because you wanted to rape and murder all the natives but the British told you to fuck off and honour the treaties
>>
>>74466474
I'm saying that we should be focusing on making them not be fat fucks. Then we'll have enough money left over to cover everyone. Put a tax on fast food, and exempt unhealthy food from SNAP/food stamps. Best-case scenario, Laquisha and Juanita go to a fucking grocery store to buy their kids real food instead of McDonald's. Worst-case scenario, they keep going to McDonald's but now we have more public funds to give everyone government-funded healthcare.
>>
>>74466551
>America should go back to 1900
Get back in your grave Edison
>>
>>74466659
>We have far more generous treaties with the natives than you do.

Ah yes, I see, you gave them back all of the land you stole. Hypocrite.
>>
>>74466451
I always feel like at least AKP, United Russia etc. are a genuine response to something. Secular Turks and the military really did fuck a lot of things up and destroy democracy. Yeltsin really did steal, idk, a trillion dollars?

The republicans are just civil rights revanchism and backlash against a boring centrist management party
>>
>>74466711

No taxes

Just make them pay for their healthcare and it will stop

We should not step in and help
>>
>>74465085
Most americans I've seen so far have lead me to belive otherwise.
>>
>>74466532
>Most of those empires took over the countries

sweet summer child

do you know what happened in ancient and medieval times when a besieged city didn't surrender?
>>
>>74466763

Democrats are far left
>>
>>74466728
I didn't steal shit and no one alive had their shit stolen. Shouldn't you be at an idle no more protest or something?
>>
>>74463214
don't see anything about ALL illness

and he's right

fuck off back to leftypol, only some faggot from there would go read anything from vox
>>
>>74466532
>They didn't genocide the population than bring their own people to repopulate the land.

Neither did American settlers. The natives died off en masse because they had zero immunity to smallpox, a common disease among Europeans at the time. The notion that there was some concerted genocide effort is absurd.

The closest the US came to this was the 100,000 Native Americans that our government murdered (and boasted about, btw) between 1800 and 1900. But there were millions of Native Americans living in North America before the Europeans arrived. The people the US government and American settlers murdered were a drop in the bucket.
>>
>>74466620
Well shiiiiiit negro i learned something new today. Britain still beat you to it though.
>>
>>74466777
>Just make them pay for their healthcare and it will stop

But then you're hurting so many people who need healthcare because of other things. People who get cancer, who have broken limbs or other injuries, things like that.

If you're talking about not giving healthcare to people above a certain weight threshold....then I would 100% be on board with that. If you're over 300lbs and you don't have a medical disorder causing it that can be scientifically proven, you don't get healthcare. I'd be 100% ok with that.
>>
>>74466863
>things i dont like are leftypol
t. /pol/nigger
>>
It makes sense within the private system. The discussion should be what system you want
>>
>>74466964

That's what I was talking about

Any BMI over a certain threshold
>>
>>74466978
I read trump admitted earlier that Australia's public system is much better than the American one
>>
>>74466873
I'm arguing against the dumb narrative of how genocide was the norm in the empires of the past.
>>74466808
stick to reading fiction and not commenting on history
>>
Would Americans be OK with some sort of universal healthcare that refuses treatment for clinically obese people with diabetes or smokers with cancer? That way you're not paying for people's bad choices.
>>
he's not wrong though. people who eat well and stay in shape get sick less often
>>
>>74466978
Sven, this is a nation where things like "faith healing" are disproportionately popular.
>>
File: otter blood.jpg (109KB, 680x510px) Image search: [Google]
otter blood.jpg
109KB, 680x510px
>>74466845
>I didn't steal shit and no one alive had their shit stolen.

Yet you are the descendant of those who did steal and murder. Might makes right. It's the default of human history. You the prime benefactor and nothing you say particularly matters so long as you are still benefitting. If you want the moral high ground, give up your Canadian citizenship and move to a country that is "pure"

hint: you're not going to find one, because human history since day 0 has been characterized by killing each other over resources
>>
>>74466995
What of you're swole as fuck like schwartsinigger? Muscles weigh a lot
>>
File: fatAmerican[1].jpg (34KB, 400x308px) Image search: [Google]
fatAmerican[1].jpg
34KB, 400x308px
>>74465765
>We need a concerted government campaign discouraging people from eating shitty fast food
I just find it hard to imagine this would work.

>Ain't no commie gonna tell me how to eat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJbnG6Bb5LY
>>
>>74467041
obesity and smokers with cancer yes, diabetes can be caused by other things though
>>
>>74467041
Americans are too stupid to see how flexible vice taxes would fix the issue.
>>
>>74467075

They get kidney and liver problems

Go on private if you wanna be ripped
>>
The whole concept of "free market healthcare" is retarded. It doesn't work the same way as normal products and services.

If you can't afford a car, then take the bus. If you can't afford expensive clothes, wear the cheap stuff. If you have a broken arm and you can't afford treatment....do you just walk around with a broken arm for the rest of your life? What if you have cancer? Or cataracts? Or anything else like that?What choice do you have?
>>
>>74466711

Ok u cool

>>74466777

You have no empathy for these people because you assume everything you read about them on the 4chan. Just wait until you're off mommy's insurance bub. You'll pay hundreds a month for a shitty health plan that will *maybe* cover you. Hey, but at least those lazy niggers don't get health insurance from you, right?
Oh wait, they're all on fucking Medicaid already and you pay for that shit!! Hahaha you fucking idiot.
>>
>>74467041
I think they would be more for it but most Americans believe the free market is better at allocating resources to begin with. Looking at the state of the US government in the past 2 decades its hard not to agree.
>>
>>74467103
Vice taxes for food? Yeah that's not going to work.
>>
>>74467110

It would encourage financial planning and bring down costs
>>
Well, smokers and morbidly obese people are a drain for public healthcare, there's no doubt of it. And both those conditions are understood by society to the point tobacco companies are forced to put pictures of fucking diseased organs on their packs, and food companies have to put a sticker on how much fat and sugars there is on their products.
People that eat healthy, maintain a good hygiene and do excersise are the ideal citizen on a public healthcare society.

Did that politician said literally something god related or it's the media taking it out of proportion?
>>
File: soldado.jpg (39KB, 780x520px) Image search: [Google]
soldado.jpg
39KB, 780x520px
>>74467036
>I'm arguing against the dumb narrative of how genocide was the norm in the empires of the past.

Oh, ok. I misunderstood you, sorry.
>>
>>74467148
Candy, pastries and sugared drinks.
>>
>>74465765
>And they are almost entirely down to personal choice
The choice isn't as personal as you think when there are corporate forces spending billions of dollars every year in order to influence your average lowest common denominator person how to think and behave.
Don't be naive here; you and I know that is isn't remotely that clean cut. You want government to take action? Look at the action they take: heavily subsidise the agricultural industries which general billions in profit for growing low cost sugar supplies. When it comes to politicians, they listen to lobbying groups before anyone else, because politicans are people just like you and me and they aren't really in a position to understand long term consequences when their very careers rely on pander to short term issues all the while being offered kickbacks from corporate interests to manipulate legislation in return for personal wealth and benefits most people will never get offered in their life. You expect them to say no? Come on man, that's not how people operate.
You can't simply hope to get government to focus on tackling obesity when they aren't willing to throw away their careers by going against the interests of those who fund their political parties. The tax payers aren't their real masters; the financial crisis and response showed the world that in a pretty fucked up manner.
These are people capable of being involved in crashing world economies and then turning around to receive billions of dollars from the government, some of those key responsible individuals even ending up being employed by the government when in reality, a normal citizen would be facing life without parole.
The only way for obesity and the underscoring lifestyle culture to be addressed is if there was a way to make healthy food more profitable than both the current insurance and agriculture industries. People don't matter in capitalist societies, only money holds value. Human lives are merely long term transactions.
>>
>>74467066
Im the grandson of italian immigrants so not even my ancestors stole from the natives. I also don't own any land so nice try burger boy but not quite.
>>
>>74467136

I was talking about Medicaid
>>
>>74463214
I can't argue with that logic honestly.

A cirrhotic patient will not get a liver transplant if he was an alcoholic.
An amputated limb will not be put back if the amputation was a result of self-harm attempt.

If you're a bad driver with a history of collisions, your car insurance goes through the fucking roof.
I don't see why the same logic couldn't be applied to people who deliberately live a bad lifestyle.
>>
>>74467140
But just look at how bloated your free market system is now. Without insurance, you get charged thousands of dollars for a simple broken arm. It's crazy.
>>
>>74467188

It's personal still

People need to be held accountable
>>
>>74467110
True desu
>>
>>74467269
You pig arrogant fuck.
>>
>>74467226
>i cant argue with that logic
That's because you're stupid, everyone else ITT could argue with it.
>>
>>74467293

Whatever, green

Get a job
>>
>>74467186
Nah, fat people would just choose other types of food to stuff their faces with.
>>
Did American evangelicalism ruin Christianity
>>
>>74467193
>Im the grandson of italian immigrants

So you're instead the descendant of someone who stole land from Carthage, Egypt, Judea, and Syria.

Nice.
>>
>>74467226

This

100% true
>>
>>74467226
What about pre existing conditions? Trump's bill strips insurance for those people. What about injuries that happen through random chance but linger, Trump is also dumping those people to the curve.
>>
>>74467334
>git a jerb!
t. cleetus oconnor
>>
>>74467343

This

Just make them pay for their choices and they'd stop
>>
>>74467379
Ye, we wuz Romans n sheit
>>
>>74467343
I think they're like smokers or alcoholics and would just eat (pardon the pun) the cost to continue their habits.
>>
>>74467188
I understand that the government subsidizes corn farmers and the like, making this high fructose corn syrup shit so cheap. You're right that the government has no interest in tackling obesity. But at the same time, it is not a secret that fast food and soda makes you fat. It's common knowledge all over society across all classes, all ethnic groups, religious groups, whatever.

I'm not the kind of guy who think that the poor are to blame for being poor, but the poor are to blame for being fat. You don't even need some kind of education, just walk around a grocery store and you'll notice that you can have an healthy diet for the same price as an unhealthy one. In many cases, for a lower price.

Jar of peanut butter: $3
16 pack of sliced bread: $3
One McDonald's meal (entree, fries, drink): $7 ($10 if it's a large)

It doesn't take a smart person to figure this out. I'm a moron, and even I recognize that you can eat reasonably healthy for a week for cheaper than you can eat unhealthy in one day. I have a hard time sympathizing for people who can't figure out the same thing.
>>
>>74467393

Actually it's t. A Bostonian Jew
>>
File: y.gif (1MB, 156x216px) Image search: [Google]
y.gif
1MB, 156x216px
>>74467036
>stick to reading fiction and not commenting on history

http://gsp.yale.edu/case-studies/ancient-medieval-genocides

I think you should, retard Bulgar. Unless you're seriously going to say Yale University, of all universities, is going to make this shit up.

If an enemy tribe can be subjugated and integrated, it was done. North American colonists could not do that, so the natives were dismantled, minimized, or killed. You have no argument.
>>
>>74464224
do your politicans ever care about the threat of overusing antibiotics?
>>
>>74467259
>>74467259
Okay so you don't actually understand american insurance. You don't get charged thousands for a broken arm if you are covered or to poor to pay. American insurance companies work like those shitty little stalls in Mexico selling pirated dvds and cheap plastic shit. When someone is insured the hospital gives a huge bill to the insurance company and the insurance company says they'll pay a fraction of that amount. It usually comes out to be quite affordable. When someones to poor to pay they just drop the bill and mark it as a loss. The only person who would pay the thousands is the retard who was rich enough to pay but still not covered.
>>
>>74467531
No.
>>
>>74464224
Modern pesticides are completely safe for humans

>other shit

Muh GMOs are bad meme
>>
>>74467445
Makes sense tho. Obese people use healthcare with frequency, just tax say 5% on sugary drinks, and those obese people will end up covering for their healthcare far more than the non obese, non sugar drinking people.
>>
>>74467660
Exactly that's why I was arguing why it would be a worthwhile idea.
>>
>>74467660
>Obese people use healthcare with frequency, just tax say 5% on sugary drinks,

Yeah, I agree 100%. The previous mayor of New York tried to do this and people were in a fucking uproar about it. That was the first time in my life that I wondered if a large percentage of my fellow Americans were actually retarded.

>something that is objectively bad for your health
>just like alcohol and tobacco
>hey, let's tax it like alcohol and tobacco
>REEEEE MUH FREEDOMS
>>
>>74463214
he's right though, people that reproduce and have bad genes shouldn't be reproducing in the first place, and shouldn't be a burden on the actual healthy people who have healthy lifestyles

thats why insurance is such a big scam, it a llows the genetic inferior parts of society to survive and reproduce, leading to an even more ballooning health cost in the next generation

this is the only fair option
>>
>>74467627
GMOs are neither inherently good nor bad. The shit monsanto engineers is designed to improve yield and profit at the expense of nutritional value.
>>
Absolute retardation
>>
>>74467766
>living in the US
>unironically supporting a nanny state
>trying to ruin the only good thing about your country
they should put idiots like you in camps desu
>>
>>74467552
>When someones to poor to pay they just drop the bill and mark it as a loss.
You sure? I find it odd that a business would provide a service to someone and then just let them leave without paying. If you don't pay for your groceries, the store calls the cops, it doesn't just drop the bill and mark it as a loss.
And anyway, that's just a retarded clusterfuck of a system. At least with universal healthcare, niggers that leave the hospital without paying have to contribute something through taxes.
>>
He's kinda right.

Morbidly obese fucks who let themselves get to that size through their own greed and laziness deserve higher health care costs as opposed to people who keep themselves in good shape
>>
>>74467936
>the only good thing
>be american
>get shot
Hmmm
>>
>>74467766

You can still get cheese at the store and get fatter

Taxation is not the way to solve this

Letting them pay for their choices via no Medicaid is
>>
>>74463214
I genuinely feel sad about the indians. Diversity makes this planet more exciting and rich. But death and murder is the rule of human history. Everyone of note has done it. Whites come out the ""morally superior"" by leftists metrics (were they unbiasedly applied), simply because whites at least admit past mistakes and actually try to help those they've wronged (it tends to not work, but that's for other reasons). Not that we should actually care about being ""morally superior"" as no one else does, but at least it shows that there's no rational basis for white guilt.
>>
>>74467512
>4 publications
Wow, you sure showed me.
You're missing the point either way, genocide was not a primary or even secondary tool of those empires.
Turks always tried to take cities and states whole by offering to keep things as they were for the most part.
Romans recruited from locals everywhere.
Nobody until the modern era considered exterminating people just to get the land they live on.
That is because people were more valuable as subjects to the ruling class than dead.
A city got burned and it went down in history as a big thing, but at the end of the day the Romans didn't salt the earth every time, Carthage was a special case, a case of hurt pride.
The real problem were pillagers, not empires. Vikings, mongols and crusaders. They had no vetted interest in anything remaining.
>>
>>74467936
Taxing fast food isn't the equivalent of a nanny state. It's telling fat fucks:

"You guys cost us a ton of money in public funds. So if you insist on continuing with this stupid habit, we're going to tax the shit out of that stupid habit so you stop ruining life for the rest of us."

More Americans die as a result of fast food than anything else. Heart disease is the largest cause of death by far, often caused by obesity. Diabetes is 4th, again, almost entirely caused by obesity. It's fucking ridiculous that we haven't made a concerted effort to stop it. I'm surprised that your government isn't doing something about it, given how quickly you're catching up to us in the rankings of the world's fattest nations.
>>
>>74467660
You don't understand right wing american ideology though. Taxing unhealthy food or giving kids healthy school lunches or government advertisements about how you might want to exercise are all infringing upon Our Freedoms
>>
>>74468019
I think that's just heartless. So many of the people suffering are kids. Even if they don't die when they're kids, they get diabetes while they're kids and die later. I don't want a fellow American to die just because his dumbass of a mother stuffs his face with Big Macs and Coca-Cola every day from the age of 5 to 17.
>>
>>74467769
then at least they could be ideologically consistent about it and start advocating steam cell research and abortions for the genetically unfortunate.
>>
>>74467352
I often wonder if Americans have a completely different bible than us. Can you imagine Jesus as a republican?
>>
>>74463214
He means someone who doesn't eat like pig and turn into a hambeast should pay less than said hambeast.
>>
>>74468076

The obese can get far more calories from homemade baked cheesy potatoes
>>
>>74463214
>slaughtered an entire continent of people

They were mostly dead of disease from trade when European settlers arrived here. They still exist even in the NE and I'll be seeing some in a few weeks.
>>
>>74468180

To continue

Which they do

Fast food does not make you fat

I eat it all the time and im 140lbs

Be responsible for your fatass low self control
>>
>>74467352
I don't think so. American evangelical Christianity encourages donation to charity (not the church, but actual local charities) far more than many other christian denominations. For example, Catholic Churches will say "donate to our church!" and that money is then used to pay the legal fees of pedophile priests or fund billboards in Uganda telling that raping babies does not in fact cure AIDS (that's an actual belief in Sub-Saharan Africa, look it up).

>>74468133
The American conservative Christian justification for this is that Jesus advocating helping the poor personally. Not giving money to the government. And, to be fair, conservative Christians do donate a lot of money to charity. For example, the Republican nominee before Trump, Mitt Romney, is a very conservative Christian who donates 30% of his income every single year to charitable organizations.

I don't agree with this, but I do understand it and it seems very morally consistent imo.
>>
>>74468180
True, but let's not pretend that fast food isn't a massive cause of the problem here.
>>
>>74468302
>>>74468180 (You)
>True, but let's not pretend that fast food isn't a massive cause of the problem here.

It's literally not at ANY fault
>>
>Yanks think being born with a health issue is because you're evil
>Yanks literally believe in original sin
>>
>>74468266
The Catholic church gives out a tremendous amount of money to charity, look it up.
>>
>>74467193
Hello fellow Italian living in North America (:
>>
>>74467379
There's a big difference between imperialism in general and settler colonialism. although I guess the Romans did genocide the Carthaginians after the third Punic war
>>
>>74467627
Do americans really consider it is safe to eat the skin of fruits that have been sprayed with pesticides?
>>
>>74468003
Alright, and what about people with autoimmune cirrhosis or type one diabetes mellitus?
>>
>>74465952
>They usually have fucked up priorities
Yeah you know why? cause most of them were brought up by people with fucked up priorities and their top priority isnt their kid and that kid grows up doing whatever they want and not going school, not working hard, not having any discipline. They were fucked from the offset
>>
>>74466326
Your all yankees, tubby
>>
>>74467627
Yeah, they said the same for over 2 decades about DDT.
>>
>>74468361
It is very much at fault. It's an incredibly convenient and easy way to get food. Put yourself in the shoes of the typical black or mexican mother in America. You're fat as fuck, so your ankles hurt. You're exhausted from your shift at some shit job. Oftentimes that shit job is at McDonald's, so you get an employee discount. You've got 3 kids whining that they're hungry in the backseat.

Here are your choices:

1. Go to the drive-thru at McDonald's. It will take 5 minutes for you to get enough food to feed your kids, even if it's incredibly unhealthy and will turn them into fat fucks.

2. Go to a grocery store, and get them healthy food for the same price. It will take like 15-20 minutes to find everything you need, and the little fuckers will be annoying the hell out of you.

What is the incentive to NOT pick option 1? That's why you need a tax. Something to convince Lashonda Washington or Maria Garza Rodriguez Gomez De La Hoya to not poison their child.

>>74468363
>Yanks literally believe in original sin

Do Brits not? I thought original sin was one of the core parts of Christian belief.
>>
>>74463214
>>74464126
It is somewhat true though
Healthy people care about themselves, try to eat healthy, and exercise
Fat shits eat chocolate chippies and cookie candies all day then blame everyone else

Why should I pay higher insurance when you smoke and drink but I don't?
Why do I do so much to prevent illness and obesity yet we are treated the same? Prevention is the best medicine after all
>>
>>74464418
I used to believe in the cycle of poverty bla bla bla, but after working at a bank I've realized some poor people are just fucking helpless like holy shit I hate poor people now.
>>
>>74468612
Agent Orange is a completely safe dressing for fruit salads you pussy ass Euro
>>
>>74468635
Christianity is dying a long, slow death here in Britain. Either way, its dumb to deny someone with problem they were born with based on moral arguments. Even worse if it was caused by their mother during the womb.
>>
>>74468461
Kind of. Americans commonly wash fruits under running water before eating them, although I don't know how much that does to remove the pesticides. And some people insist on skinning their fruits before eating them for this exact reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUU1x2_B65k
>>
>>74468516

Almost no one

They aren't breaking the system
>>
>>74468680
Agent orange is also a safe dressing for presidents too apparently
>>
>>74468635

Option 2 is far cheaper

Also, why should we PUNISH a business for what a minority of people do with their product

Most obese do not eat fast food

They eat grocery store foods like potatoes and cheese
>>
>>74468635
>What is the incentive to NOT pick option 1?
Gee I dunno maybe the fact that you're fat as fuck and you know this shit is bad for you?
"oh geeze my ankles hurt from being too fat, maybe I should lose weight so they don't? lol nah". If your kids are causing a huge scene you're probably a shit parent too, I've seen white moms with like 4 or 5 white kids and all of them behave (for the most part). "John, go get some milk" "K mom" "charlotte, can you go get 2 loaves of bread?" "ok!"

It's not even hard to lose weight, you can literally do almost all the work just by changing what you eat. Buy a box of frozen chicken breasts, put a few in the fridge for the next day. When they thaw, put a bit of olive oil and spice then throw them in the oven at 425 on bake for like 20 minutes. Stir up some veggies and rice, and there you go - good, healthy, and cheap.
>>
>>74468680
Yeah, vegetable salads from vietnamese people too apparently
>>
>>74468686
>Either way, its dumb to deny someone with problem they were born with based on moral arguments

Of course. But I was talking about original sin, not inherited medical disorders. It's not some baby's fault if it's born with fetal alcohol syndrome or god forbid inherits HIV (Imagine that being the hand you get dealt in life, what the fuck). I'm talking about adults making a conscious decision to do things that make them fat and cause fat-related illnesses.
>>
>>74468723
Kek
>>
>>74468762
>Most obese do not eat fast food
>They eat grocery store foods like potatoes and cheese

I don't want pretend to know you, but have you ever spent a lot of time around poor as shit people? They eat fast food like crazy. McDonald's, KFC, Taco Bell, Burger King, Wendy's.....granted, my experience is almost entirely in the Midwest and East Coast. Maybe you're from the West Coast and it's different over there.

>>74468787
>Gee I dunno maybe the fact that you're fat as fuck and you know this shit is bad for you?

I know that. My point is that the prices are the same, it takes less time, and these women (because they nearly always are women) are fucking exhausted from their shit jobs. And to be blunt, they're oftent not smart.

>If your kids are causing a huge scene you're probably a shit parent too

Or maybe there is no father in the picture because he ran off/got arrested, and you can't spend time parenting them because you're too busy working to provide for them.
>>
>>74468946

Im from the East coast

Florida and Massachusetts
>>
>>74468946
>Or maybe there is no father in the picture because he ran off/got arrested
And you expect me to feel sorry for these women who let those men get them pregnant?
>>
>>74468987
Who cares what a virgin thinks?
>>
>>74468946

Prices are not the same

Store is way cheaper
>>
>>74469007
Yes but poor people are stupid and don't realize this.
>>
>>74469059

...and we should punish a specific business because of this?
>>
>>74469002
Someone who's not a thirsty faggot
If the guy died in an accident or a war or something I get it
If he fucked off then why should anyone give a shit? Her problem, should have gotten with someone that would stick around
>>
>>74469087
Yes, they shouldn't be in the business of selling shit food if they cant pay for the damage it causes. We tax smokers higher and tax alcohol at a higher rate (at least here we do) so why not shit food?

>her problem
Except women have 50% of the vote m8
>>
File: enlightenment.png (2MB, 1536x1286px) Image search: [Google]
enlightenment.png
2MB, 1536x1286px
Why do progressive journalists place so much value on being resentful and bitchy? Every article they produce is written in this snide and effeminate tone that makes me imagine the writer as a gossipy middle school girl. There's no objectivity or maturity, every article is just, "This gay retard on the elephant team actually said white privilege isn't real and he eats his own poo poo. [roll your eyes here]"

Is it just an anglo thing? I've noticed it in progressive journalism from Britain and Australia too.
>>
>>74466487
This is the most fedora post i've seen here in a while, god bless you in your struggle atheist warrior
>>
>>74466714
kill yourself nigger
>>
>>74468723
DRUMPF BTFO
>>
>>74465765
>state telling people how they should eat
republicans wouldn't like it cause it's gommunism and interferes with the agenda of fast food lobby groups
>>
>>74469503
Progressives are by definition whiney cunts. Read liberal or centrist journalism.
>>
>>74469582
You're 10 times more likely to be a nigger than me yankee faggot
>>
what do muslims think about poor people?
>>
>>74469810
Plus michelle obama pushed hardcore for that and Republican policy is formed 100% as a reflex against what the Cool Liberal Elites want to do. Even something like coal "triggers the snowflakes" more than it creates jobs or helps our energy situation

if one of the obamas or one of the clintons give a series of bizarre nonsense interviews about how the United States should not violently overthrow the government of Denmark, I'm putting the odds on Danish war/coup at around 50:50 over the next 20 years
>>
>>74469953
Most of them live in sand huts so...
>>
>>74469953
I think the Koo-ran says they're supposed to donate a percentage of their income to charity or something
>>
>>74469995
How does generalizing make me a hypocrite? Do you know what the word hypocrite means poor boy?
>>
>>74463214
t. fatcunt
>>
>>74470171
Stupid and hypocrite are two very different words. Invest in a dictionary my illiterate friend.
>>
>>74465765
> We need a concerted government campaign discouraging people from eating shitty fast food

That seems reasonable, however, each time there's a law in Europe doing exactly this, American can't seem to stop commenting on how it's literally totalitarian
>>
>>74468133
SupplySideJesus.jpg
>>
>>74470337
le corporate personage meme
>>
more taxes on the poor are NEVER the solution, regardless of the situation. tax the fucking corporations you morons (which are not people btw)
>>
File: 1464268267676.jpg (447KB, 2362x1556px) Image search: [Google]
1464268267676.jpg
447KB, 2362x1556px
>>74471335
yes foward mi general
>>
File: 1485139410208.png (152KB, 574x601px) Image search: [Google]
1485139410208.png
152KB, 574x601px
>>74463214
>tfw you realize USA is the Israel of the americas
>>
>>74468266
Wasn't mitt Romney a Mormon
>>
>>74471335
Corporations are literally people.
>>
>>74463214
>>>/pol/
>>
>>74463214
>healthy people should get cheaper insurance
Yeah, and? Insurance is (or was) just a probability calculation.
>>
>>74468266
>Mitt Romney, is a very conservative Christian who donates 30% of his income every single year to charitable organizations.
And that would drop to 0% if donations weren't tax deductible.
>>
Just as an outside observer, here's some stuff I see:
>24/7 serious news coverage and appendage punditry dedicated to regurgitating word salads about the morality and ethics of the state providing healthcare for its citizens
>net neutrality getting gradually subverted at an accelerated pace
>the absolutely most popular government programs are getting hacked to pieces even though it undercuts the physical, mental, and financial well-being of tens of millions of Americans
>education getting gutted; science competing against religious fundamentalism in the curriculum; public schools losing money to charter schools
>corporative personhood and shady political donations protected as free speech
Just some things. Every day it feels like I'm just seeing more and more evidence pile up that the US political establishment is actively hostile towards American citizens, as if there's a concerted effort to slowly but surely make people's lives as miserable as possible.
>>
>>74474806

And you can bet white trash is happy about this.

>b-but muh immagrunts are tearing apart this country!
Thread posts: 205
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.