[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What form do traditional tavern and pub names take in your country?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: Gostilna-pri-martinu-1.jpg (130KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Gostilna-pri-martinu-1.jpg
130KB, 800x600px
What form do traditional tavern and pub names take in your country?

In Slovenija it's Pri or Pr' (at), usually followed by the owner's first or last name. Pic related: At Martin's.
>>
File: krimov13.jpg (143KB, 1000x672px) Image search: [Google]
krimov13.jpg
143KB, 1000x672px
>>74440720
Traktir
>>
>>74440720
slovenia is a beautiful nation. I hope to travel there someday.
>>
>>74440720
I've never been to a straight pub / tavern in the US. Restaurants have separate sections with a "bar" that serves alcoholic beverages. They always have multiple television sets with different sports on display. Clubs which feature different bands always have a bar where you can order alcoholic beverages as well. If you are under the age of 21 they will stamp your arm so the bartenders know not to serve you. Alcohol was the greatest Chinese monks could give to mankind.
>>
"inn to the x"
x can be anything like blind dog or 5 thugs or whatever
>>
>>74441032
>if you are under 21
Bloody commies
>>
>>74440865
I hope to lick sum Slovenian box like el presidente Trump as well, South Korean friend. I hope that we do not get you nuked. ;) Many many apologies for our Cheeto presidente.
>>
>>74441088
I kno rite? Fuckin cunts not wanting to get anyone laid.
>>
>>74440720
looks nice
>>
File: SPI51d132_FotosoutUsuchdsn[1].jpg (290KB, 1600x1059px) Image search: [Google]
SPI51d132_FotosoutUsuchdsn[1].jpg
290KB, 1600x1059px
>>74440720
>at
same, except it's not just owner's name, it ranges local inside jokes to literal meme
picrel, "At Dry Mouth's"
>>
>>74441123
>I kno rite?
Fuck off back to facebook, youngling!
>>
Always something that starts with "the", followed by the arms of some noble, or a strangely coloured/body part of an animal, for example:
>the King's Head
>the King's arms
>the red lion
>the fish
Sometimes it's an inanimate object or place like:
>the bell
>the old tramway
There's also "the X inn", but only if you're in the countryside.
They ALWAYS start with "the". If it doesn't then it's probably a shit pub, stay away.
>>
>>74440720
We have many regional words.
For example, korchma and shinok in Ukraine, traktir and kabak in central regions.
>>
>>74441487
>Shinok
>>
"Zum x" wich basically means "to (the) x".
X can be everything, often something from the area, or just a name or a random thing.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.