[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Your country? Thoughts about autism and aspergers. I personally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

Your country?

Thoughts about autism and aspergers.

I personally don't understand why people with Aspergers get offended when you say Aspergers is an over diagnosed disability and some people diagnosed with it are just a bit odd or different.

Why is it less offensive to be odd than disabled to people anyway?
>>
People with assburgers should be aborted.
>>
>>74435620
I was diagnosed with it as a kid and yet I still have friends, a girlfriend and a job.
>>
>>74435599
Special snowflake syndrome, today especially in the USA, but also in Europe. Same as with racial shit, "getting offended" is just an act to draw attention and stroke the ego. So if your not a racial minority, a controversial affliction like assburgers, chronic fatigue syndrome or fibromyalgia is ideal for such purposes.

t. actual socially spastic idiot savant (never had myself tested and never will, I found that I can act relatively normal amongst people I know)
>>
>>74435838
I really don't understand why people diagnosed like to be called disabled instead of being odd or unique.

People use Aspergers as an excuse for shitty behaviour.

It's like the disability version of PMS.
>>
I was never diagnosed but I am desu. (Misdiagnosed with dyspraxia)
I actually wish I'd been diagnosed, as maybe special needs teaches you coping mechanisms. I >function now though (with ptsd, lol)
>>
>>74435706
Kill yourself normalfag.
>>
>>74436160
It does the opposite actually.
>>
>>74435599
>Thoughts about autism and aspergers
I'm diagnosed and I while getting diagnosed has helped me in some ways (like knowing why I am the way I am) I wish I could just get rid of the autism. With that said I don't really suffer from it, at least not a lot. I live alone, I have a few good friends and I have a gf. No job though, that's the biggest problem. Living on welfare sucks, even here where it's fairly generous. I have an interview next week though, so we'll see how that goes.

I can totally see why people dislike or even hate those who have assburgers. I studied a few computer courses at a school that had a whole lot of students with assburgers, and even I thought they were odd and annoying as fuck. I can at least act normal, but they didn't even try. Don't know if they're not aware of all the weird shit they do, or if they just don't care.
>>
>>74436819
>but they didn't even try. Don't know if they're not aware of all the weird shit they do, or if they just don't care.

They don't try because they have a shitty diagnosed excuse.
>>
>>74436655
I suppose in reality vs practise are two different things. But I wish I'd known as perhaps I would have been less.. greentext-worthy in my past.

I'm not joking about the PTSD. I do feel better than I've felt in years (and have managed to cut down on 4chan/focus lately too) but I reckon I could have actualised a bit earlier had I understood earlier, if that makes sense?
>>
>>74435599
USA

People with aspergers can often act normal. Autism is a damn shame when someone has it, especially when they are high functioning. Occasionally it works in their favor and they become a prodigy in something.

Its because if you tell someone with aspergers that you are intentionally or unintentionally implying that they don't actually have aspergers, which either:
A. Is troubling to them because of the very real struggles they have faced from Aspergers
B. Is troubling because they don't actually have it and they are confusing themselves with real v. Self-imposed/believed but not real problems. Misdiagnosed but don't realize
C. Are faking it for ego and don't want to be found out.

Its usually A or B, you also run into the part that they have aspergers you dingus.

>>74435838
Most people who claim they have it but don't is from parents pressuring doctors into basically telling them that its not their fault that their child isn't a super cool god. More commonly ADHD is forced in this way, which is obnoxious to people who actually have it as those who are misdiagnosed typically blame all flaws on it.
>>
>>74435706
Most likely, I was never diagnosed with anything, I feel like I'd be worse off if I was
>>
>>74435599
my opinion is doctors over diagnose most times so they can make money off them
>>
>>74435599
>Your country?

MEXICO.

>Thoughts about autism and aspergers [SIC].

1. "ASPERGER'S SYNDROME" IS A FORM OF AUTISM, SPECIFICALLY, IT IS HIGH FUNCTION AUTISM.

"ASPERGER'S SYNDROME" IS A DEPRECATED CLASSIFICATION.

2. HIGH FUNCTIONING AUTISM IS A BENIGN MUTATION —HIGH FUNCTIONING AUTISM IS A COGNITIVE REORDER, NOT A COGNITIVE DISORDER.

>I personally don't understand why people with [HIGH FUNCTIONING AUTISM] get offended when you say [THAT HIGH FUNCTIONING AUTISM] is an over diagnosed [SIC] disability and some people diagnosed with it are just a bit odd or different.

THAT IS A REACTION AGAINST A PERCEIVED PERSONAL AGGRESSION, BECAUSE SOME INDIVIDUALS ATTACH THEIR PERSONALITY WITH SOME SUPERFLUOUS ASPECTS OF THEMSELVES TO THE DEGREE OF IDENTITY, THUS, IF YOU QUESTION ANY OF THOSE ASPECTS, THEY FEEL THEIR FLIMSY NOTION OF SELF TO BE UNDER ATTACK; THIS, BY EXTENSION, APPLIES TO THOSE INDIVIDUALS INTIMATE WITH THEM, WHICH IS WHY FRIENDS, OR RELATIVES, OF THE INDIVIDUAL IN QUESTION, ALSO REACT IN THAT MANNER.
>>
>>74441043
>... SPECIFICALLY, IT IS HIGH [FUNCTIONING] AUTISM.
>>
Its cool but sometimes i wish i was neurotypical because its easier to get laid
>>
>>74436003
>People use Aspergers as an excuse for shitty behaviour.
Very true with people who self-diagnose.
But even worse with those who are in denial about it being a disability and think the whole world should mold itself around their needs.

>>74436819
Was diagnosed long before it was a meme, but there's nothing more I hate than other autists. It's all my insecurities and everything I don't like about myself right in front of me.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.