[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do these countries cry about USSR illegal occupation when

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7

File: baltblu2.gif (274KB, 750x900px) Image search: [Google]
baltblu2.gif
274KB, 750x900px
Why do these countries cry about USSR illegal occupation when they literally asked Russian troops to come in
>>
File: fsffsfsfsf.jpg (33KB, 450x451px) Image search: [Google]
fsffsfsfsf.jpg
33KB, 450x451px
>>74266620
>SPERM
SPERM
>>
>>74266620
can't argue with facts
>>
>>74266620
Baltic countries btfo
>>
>>74266761
>t. Vasilij
>>74266785
>t. Igor
>>
>>74266852
They're right you know
>>
>>74266620
Did you ask Soviet troops to enter Karelia as well?
>>
>>74267045
It's completely different they took by force. You just spread your ass and took it in, and probably liked it
>>
>>74266620
It was a shit decision to be honest, but it could've been worse.

We weren't democratic countries back at the time, so only a handful of people had to make a bad decision to fuck everything up for the people.
>>
File: 02-occupation1.png (94KB, 600x694px)
02-occupation1.png
94KB, 600x694px
>>74266620
>>
>>74269372
>posting redditball memes
>>
>>74269372
>posting redditball memes
>>
afganistan asked for USSR help aswell
go figure
commies gona commie
>>
File: 1436554593614[1].jpg (9KB, 251x221px) Image search: [Google]
1436554593614[1].jpg
9KB, 251x221px
>>74266620
That's true and I really fucking wonder that quite often also.
>>
File: butthurt.jpg (351KB, 2000x1557px)
butthurt.jpg
351KB, 2000x1557px
>>74269474
>>74270787
>>
>>74270883
everything else aside, russians should've been smarter

no people can occupy afghanistan for any decent amount of time
>>
>>74270939
Legitimate let Russians troops in and let them have bases there. How is that illegal occupation?
I never understood that. They had a bad government, but there wasn't anything illegal
>>
>>74271076
I think that Romania and Ukraine have way more reason to be butthurt than Croatia or Albania
This map was made by a retard
>>
>>74266620
>asked
Did I miss something? I thought it was part of Molotov-Ribbentrop pact between Germany and USSR
>>
I have a very huge respect to Finish'es. They did a great effort against Russians for keeping their independence
>>
>>74272478
Yeah they just marched in without a fight
>>
>>74272776
It was an ultimatum from Soviet Union, while they already had 20,000 troops inside our territory beforehand. But you are right, civilians should be massacred just so that decades later millennials can romanticize it and boast about their pyhrric victory versus a bigger army on Baikonur Cosmodrome Forum
>>
>>74273195
>It was an ultimatum from Soviet Union, while they already had 20,000 troops inside our territory beforehand.
They gave us the same ultimatum. Or were they since the 1920s? That was the point you let them have bases. That's pretty cuck
And afterwards you shouldn't cry about illegal occupation
>>
File: 7wyVsrt.png (871KB, 1280x720px)
7wyVsrt.png
871KB, 1280x720px
>>74273530
not him but just do an hoi4 playthrough as the soviet union man
>>
File: 1493128025248.png (136KB, 370x386px) Image search: [Google]
1493128025248.png
136KB, 370x386px
Victims of Communism ;_;
>>
>>74273530
>you shouldn't complain that someone was killed because he let a murderous psycho into the house, the psycho literally did nothing wrong
yeah okay 'vaniushka, not everyone wants to lose half of their population to resist a Soviet Army for whole 24 hours, they gave the same ultimatum to Estonia as well, but they threatened them that if they don't accept it, they're gonna go with their plan anyway. With the treaty at least we regained our capital, but the actions that they did later are not excusable.

It is quite pathetic that you are implying they didn't do anything wrong because they were allowed inside, due to threat of being annihilated either way. But if we refused and they DID annihilate our population and THEN did the same shitty stuff that they did, only then you would say that they did bad things.

Also like >>74267693 regardless of what "we" chose (I don't even know that the fuck you mean by saying "you allowed them" when it was like 5 guys in a room deciding all of it) it didn't matter

Basically the options were
>be fucked up
>be fucked up more
and either of them could have been worse than the other

but either way it results in autistic finland poster talking about something he doesn't know
>>
>>74273968
All I'm saying calling it illegal occupation is false since the government agreed on it. And you guys were such pussies not to fight
They gave the exact same ultimatum to us
>give us bases or die
>>
>>74274384
And it ended in the taking of Karelia and you not being totally conquered only because of an exceptionally harsh winter and incompetent military leaders.
Also you are situated somewhat different geographically, we bordered them from literally every side.
>>
>>74274715
>And it ended in the taking of Karelia
But we didn't hand it them willingly. Unlike you guys.
And as far as I know not other than Estonia takes somewhat care of their military while you and Latvia just leech of NATO
>>
>>74274804
>yeah they got Karelia lol but AT LEAST WE DIED
kek /pol/ tends to fuck up people mentally
>>
>>74275038
/pol/? The whole national identity is based of this. I guess you just can't understand since being a cuck nation you are

I guess you would just let Russians in again since people might get hurt :(
>>
>>74275115
>cuck
Yeah, /pol/ armchair general
>>
>>74274715
>Also you are situated somewhat different geographically, we bordered them from literally every side.
We share a longer border with Russians than you do, all logic would say a longer border is harder to defend.
>>
>>74276037
See how much infrastructure the Russians have around Murmansk and how the terrain there is and then say that again, also the further north you go the harsher the weather conditions
Meanwhile Baltics bordered Minsk on the one side and Leningrad on the other
>>
>>74266620
What are the differences between these countries?

I'm not implying there aren't any, I just would like to know.
>>
>>74276210
Lithuania and Latvia speac baltic languages, which are seperate from slavic/germanic or finnic language groups. Estonians speak a Finnic language.
Lithuania used to be in a union with Poland, Latvia and Estonia were ruled by German military orders and nobility.
All got conquered by Russians, twice.
>>
>>74276339
Do you guys exist in a cultural gradation, i.e. Germanic to Finnic from South to North?

Surely there's more to your culture than your language.
>>
>>74276145
Terrain in most of Baltia is similar to ours, winters are just as harsh there, excluding the very far North. Besides, Russians wouldn't have had to didn't even invade from the North, since our administration and most of the population was in the South. Leningrad is just as close to us as it is to you, so you really had no excuse.
>>
>>74275399
What would be a better adjective for your country
s behavior in 1939? Being french? Well french at least fought

But then again what do you know of these things. I guess you would let the Russians in since people might die
>>
>>74276511
No it's not, the terrain is different in that your country almost solely consits of forests and lakes, which naturally halt any military advance, also you have far more boulders/rocks than us, which halt vehicles. Even Helsinky is hilly and stony on the shore, and that's the southernmost point.

>Leningrad is just as close to us
I know, but like I said, Leningrad was only one of their major population/industrial/military centers near our borders.

>No excuse
If you say so. There was no way for any of us to win that war. The Poles managed to beat the Soviets once and in the end they still had to bow to the Russian overlord. You got away nicely with your "neutrality", enjoy it.

>>74276508
There's no Germanic in there, like I said Balts are neither Germanics nor Slavs. One could argue that Estonians are Finnics, but they're the only ones.

>Surely there's more to your culture than just language
Well we were under Polish influence, so we are traditionally Catholic (although most people are atheist), while the two other ones are traditionally protestant.
I don't know what exactly you mean in terms of "culture", maybe cuisine, rites and so on? Those differ a bit, aren't all that different though.
>>
>>74276825
>You got away nicely with your "neutrality", enjoy it.
Russia just wanted a buffer zone. That's the basis of our foreign policy even today. If we don't care about other people and don't possess a threat to Russia, that's why we aren't joining NATO. They will leave us alone, but always prepare for the worst - having rather a large military. It worked well during the cold war when Soviet Union was much more powerful than Russia today
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQD8X-skLmA
That video sums it all
t. other fingol of those 2
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.