[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do Israeli anons think about the mandatory military service?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Israeli_female_soldier.jpg (64KB, 306x433px) Image search: [Google]
Israeli_female_soldier.jpg
64KB, 306x433px
What do Israeli anons think about the mandatory military service? Have you been to the army? To me it seems like violation of personal freedom.
Can they force someone to go fighting?
>>
I suffer in israel
>>
>>74136467

t.muhammod
>>
>>74136541
give me a passport pls
>>
Great thread, worth the read.
>>
yeah did the army

i guess it made me not at all spoilt since you get shit on for 3 years.

it is a violation of personal freedom but here it is (for normal, decent people) an important criteria of being a good citizen, and i think being a good citizen is a very important virtue no matter where you live.
>>
A chance to repay to the reason you're alive.

They will never force you to fight. If you don't want to be a fighter they won't force you, they might draft you to be a fighter if you're healthy but you can get out of it fairly easy.
If you don't want to serve at all it's not that hard to get out by whining to psychologists and you won't be hindered in life, but people will give you a look if you tell them you avoided the army. You'll get a "Medical Discharge" and it won't hurt you're chances of finding a job or whatever but probably won't look good in a resume.

Yes, there are people that complain and say it should be a paid army and that they should cancel the mandatory service, saying it would cost less tax money and be more professional but that is a different argument.

I wish I could have served as an infantry soldier, but my service was very gratifying as an F-16 technician.
>>
>>74142724

>The reason I am alive is to protect jews so they can protect jews

this gives me signs of mild depression
>>
>>74142724
>Yes, there are people that complain and say it should be a paid army

Conscripts aren't paid wages?
>>
>>74142724
>I wish I could have served as an infantry soldier
You weren't scared at all?
>>
>The founders of modern Israel cursed their descendants with endless conflicts with the arabs
Really makes you think...
>>
>>74143326
'fair' 'wages'
>>
>>74143326
They're paid wages, but if you worked in a minimum wage job you would get a lot more considering when you serve you're a soldier almost 24/7.

>>74143368
A little, but I wanted to be the one who shoots the terrorists.
>>
>>74146861
But presumably conscripts also have their housing and food costs covered by the military, right?
>>
>>74147383
That's right.

If you have housing problems the army will provide for you a home, not just a room at your base.
If you have a family member that needs you to be around they will let you serve near home and be at home a lot to assist your family.
If you're family depends on you financially then they will put you in a job where you will have the time to work when you're not at the base.
They really put a lot of effort so that everyone except the most extreme cases can serve.
>>
>>74142724
>A chance to repay to the reason you're alive.
Big meme lad
>>
>>74143242
Well, you have a point there.
But you can not deny that we leave in a fucked up region.
>>
>>74148421
It's tottally not the IDF that's been defending Israel for the past 69 years minus 5 days.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.