[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people look down on lake/river beaches compared to beaches

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: Lake.jpg (509KB, 1594x1819px) Image search: [Google]
Lake.jpg
509KB, 1594x1819px
Why do people look down on lake/river beaches compared to beaches on the ocean or sea?
>>
The water of lake beaches is full of sediments
>>
>>74080031
>lake/river beaches
not real beaches
>>
yuckers water
>>
>>74080031
>Water is dirty.
>No waves
> that great smell of the fresh saltwater as you eat fish and chips by the sea.
>>
File: River park.jpg (645KB, 1924x1799px) Image search: [Google]
River park.jpg
645KB, 1924x1799px
>>74082503
Some large lakes have waves, and rivers sometimes have currents that feel like waves.
>>
because you don't get the infinite horizon
>>
>>74080031
beaches are good because they are clean, you get the onshore wind cooling you down on a hot day as well as the sea spray and huge amounts of clean white sand
the water in lakes or rivers is not moving very fast and generally smells bad, if it does move fast then its probably unsafe to swim in, beaches on rivers and lakes are also very small without much sand and its generally dirty silty stuff instead of white
the popularity of water areas is basically determined by how clean the water and sand will be
ocean beach > bay beach > river beach > lake beach > lagoon beach > swamp
>>
>>74080031
because they are shit
>>
I don't know.
I think we are pretty lucky to have the Balaton in the country.
>>
>>74086882
Are there beaches on the Danube, too?
>>
>>74087231
Never been to a Danube beach.
Balaton makes more sense overall.
>>
I can't understand why people go on vacations in July and visit places like Egypt where temperature is +40 and sun burns from zenith. I prefer lake beaches and mild Russian summer.
>>
>>74087519
When you get a decent job i'll understand.
>>
>>74087519
the world is more than your siberian shithole and its rotten lake
>>
File: 1448281049393.gif (2MB, 219x169px) Image search: [Google]
1448281049393.gif
2MB, 219x169px
Because you'll never experience "red flag day" on a coast off North Oahu, Hawaii during Christmas and you're absolutely shitfaced hammered and stoned as fuck off edibles and concentrates.
>>
>>74080031
you can see the other side of the lake
>>
>>74080031
No idea. Lakes are superior and I'd pick a lakeside house every time.
>>
>Tfw live near the great Lakes
Not only is the water not salty, the beaches are nice and there's an endless horizom
>>
>>74087682
Depends on the lake.
>>
>>74080031
It's the opposite. The sea is polluted.
>>
File: Pipeline.jpg (606KB, 2018x1365px) Image search: [Google]
Pipeline.jpg
606KB, 2018x1365px
>>74089028
Watch out for the Arizonans and the Californians - they have plans...

http://www.ideastream.org/news/nasa-scientist-undoing-great-lakes-progress-would-take-generations-to-recover
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.