[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>um uh, he's a "scientist" he does a whole

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

>um uh, he's a "scientist" he does a whole bunch of science, he basically sciences all day xD

Why do so many burger talk about "science" as if it was this uniform thing
>>
File: 1486156210678.jpg (59KB, 599x488px) Image search: [Google]
1486156210678.jpg
59KB, 599x488px
americans on average are significantly dumber but at the same time have the need to appear smart, TV "science guys" giving some funny facts that a mongoloid can understand appeals to them.
its basically "woah i can into science without all the boring and hard shit like maths, physics, etc., who needs that! me so smart"
>>
>>74004948
Americans view everything in a religiously monolithic sort of manner. Your average burger looks at "science" like they look at christfaggotry, which is why instead of being a branch of philosophical enterprise and the related practical applications across various disciplines, all things related to scientific enquiry and rational discourse are grouped together as one amorphous blob and held up like a tribal banner.
The eternal competition to remain relevant within the rat race of Americana. The best way to do that is turn everything into one big us vs them mess of ideologies, institutions and lifestyles being blended together into symbolic "teams" or religious sects.
That's why Bill Nye is the "Science Guy", because we can't be viewed as a person when he is the mascot for a team. That's his social role, people don't want to care about the particulars or the people involved, just to know who is "winning".

Not unique to the USA but no one does it to the extremes they do.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wllc5gSc-N8
wow how very scientific

i sure am glad my future president abraham macronowicz supports transgender rights too, i really do think it's an important issue for us moving forward into the 21st century
it really goes to show how great we are, so progressive, so tolerant, this is an amazing world isn't it
>>
>>74005255
are you a foreigner in straya?
strangely well thought out post
>>
>>74005266
The whole "transgender" thing is rather sad to me. You have these various people with horrible me mental illness where they feel genuinely born as the wrong sex and are willing to take it to extremes to damage their bodies in order to feel less "wrong" about themselves but often end up becoming an hero because the bodily manipulation wasn't remotely enough to attempt to address the real issues.
People with agendas seem to be using these people as a stepping stone more than anything else as I'm pretty sure these sex dismorphic or whatever it is called people don't want to be given labels and treated as though they were something other than male or female.
A lot of it is more of a matter of taking advantage of individuals with genuine mental illnesses while not really giving a fuck about them. As an anon with mentall illness of my own, the thought of someone trying to use it as a political platform and trying to make such a condition stand out in such and in your face and ironically further alienating and isolating manner would feel like a kick in the guts more than anything else.
>>
>>74005266
the basic problem with a gender debate is that the "progressive" supporters distort the whole concept alomst just as much as its enemies
you can't change your gender daily depending on your mood and what not... whoever said this has no idea

I have no problems with transgender people because they are a tiny minority and don't act on some teenage mindset like "I want to identify as an attack helicopter xD"
>>
It's a Reddit thing as far as I can tell
>>
>>74005531
Not the first time someone on /int/ has asked that.
I guess a lot of the time anons here don't really get to see the more earnest sorts of opinions from Australians. In our culture posts like that would sooner be remarked as having a whinge or being a faget, so it isn't really encouraged.
Be a larikin, don't take life seriously, at least not the serious parts. That is kind of what is expected of us.
>>
>>74005688
I get a similar sort of thing happening to me. I'll shitpost, fairly obviously I would think, and people will think I'm being serious. But if I make a serious post, it's all "hurr Americans can't banter"
>>
>>74005255
Good post.
>>
>>74005101
also big explosions!!!1! BANG!!1! BRGHPF BOOOOOOM!!!!
>>
I also laugh at that religion vs science thing.
>>
>>74005576
Very eloquent. Agreed.
>>
>>74005101
I'd extend this to people in general, but burgers have definitely cornered the market on tv science guys.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.