[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Rocky well known in your country or not really? What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: rocky.png (437KB, 853x459px) Image search: [Google]
rocky.png
437KB, 853x459px
Is Rocky well known in your country or not really? What do people think of it?
>>
>>73997204
Fairly. People think it's a dumb sports movie because that's what the sequels were and that's the legacy it left. The first movie is fucking great though, and is so far from being just a sports movie.

The fourth one where he defeats communism is also GOAT for how terrible it is.
>>
>>73997204
yes
>>
He's pretty well-known, but most of us prefer Bullwinkle.
>>
File: sylvester stallone and butkus.jpg (61KB, 685x678px) Image search: [Google]
sylvester stallone and butkus.jpg
61KB, 685x678px
>>73997204
>>73997239
>Sylvester Stallone was a relative newcomer to Hollywood in the mid-'70s and living in poverty when he pitched his rags-to-riches script about an uneducated debt-collector-turned-champion boxer named Rocky Balboa to producers.
>Luckily, producers liked it. Unfortunately for Stallone, they didn't want him to star.
>Instead of Stallone — the screenwriter — producers wanted Burt Reynolds, James Caan, or Ryan O'Neal, who were all big stars at the time.
>So at 30 years old with just $106 in his bank account, Stallone turned down a $300,000 offer — the equivalent of $1 million today — for the rights to "Rocky." He was determined to make the film he wrote on his terms, starring himself.
>In 1976, "Rocky" won three Academy Awards, including Best Picture. Stallone's experience at the ceremony could have been out of the movie.
>"Literally, I was parking cars 10 months earlier and now here we are [at the Oscars]," Stallone recalled to "Today." "I rented a tuxedo and on the way to the Oscars the tie broke and the driver goes, 'You want to borrow mine?' I go 'nah, I guess it doesn't matter,' so I walk into the Oscars looking like Vinny Boom Bots, 'how you doin?' and people were like, 'oh my god, what arrogance, how dare he?'"
>Now 67, Stallone once again had to convince producers that "Rocky" could be a hit — this time in the form of a Broadway musical. Eventually, it worked, and the action star got investors to put up a $16.5 million capital investment.
>Earlier this month, "Rocky: The Musical" opened on Broadway to knockout reviews.

>Stallone had to sell his beloved dog Butkus for $40 because he had gotten to the stage where he couldn't even afford dog food.
>However, the story has a happy, yet somewhat grippingly expensive end, as he managed to buy Butkus back for $15,000 when the screenplay for Rocky sold.

How can one man be so based?
>>
File: rocky.gif (1MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
rocky.gif
1MB, 200x150px
yes
>>
>>73997204
>Is Rocky well known in your country?
yeh
>What do people think of it?
nice movie and all that
no one saw Rocky 5 or 6 but they saw and liked Creed
>>
>>73997302
Based af and I'm being absolutely honest.
>>
>>73997204

yes
good 80s action films
>>
kinda
>>
>>73997204
I hate most commercial movies, but Rocky is an exception. This franchise has an endearing quality to it that I like.
>>
>>73997239
>The fourth one where he defeats communism is also GOAT for how terrible it is.
>implying it's not based af
https://youtu.be/PH9AB16Crjk?t=45

Rocky > Rocky IV > Rocky III > Rocky II > Rocky Balboa > Rocky V
>>
>>73999622
First couple were 70s
>>
>>73997239

Fuck you faggot IV is the shit.
>>
>>73997204
Yes, but only because of the training sequences. I doubt most people have seen the movies.
>>
File: USAFlag.gif (26KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
USAFlag.gif
26KB, 1024x683px
>>73997204
Probably a little. Not taken seriously I expect though, but it is a really great movie. Much better than Rambo, though the sequels are about the same; all shit. Creed is great though. Basically what >>73997239 said, especially agree on 4. That was fucking garbage. Made Lundgren a sovjet. Pure american-propaganda dick cheese.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.