[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Your country φφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφ

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

Your country
φφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφ

What is the best alphabet and what is it Greek ? φφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφφ
>>
>>73960820
why*
>>
God tier
>localized variants of the Latin alphabet (German, French, etc.)

Good enough tier
>regular Latin alphabet (English)
>Arabic
>Cyrillic alphabet
>Greek alphabet
>Hangeul

Barely passable tier
>Hiragana
>Katakana

Shit tier
>Kanji
>Chinese
>Anything else that is not listed
>>
why do greek speaks in math and physics?
>>
>>73961266
>Good enough tier
>>Arabic
Arabic is a bad writing system because many letters look similar.
>>
fuck off commie

FN FN FN FN FN FN FN FN FN FN
>>
>>73961301
I like this post.
>>
>>73961301
Because we invented math and physics
>>
File: arabic-alphabet.png (34KB, 689x591px) Image search: [Google]
arabic-alphabet.png
34KB, 689x591px
>>73961305
Fun sidenote : ancient arabic didn't have the dots you see on pic related, scribes had to guess letters based on the regular usage. And since it's a semetic language there's no vowels either.

There's also a bunch of arabic words and verbs that have the same root (composed of three letters) yet have completely different meanings based on the vowels, since arabic litterature doen't even bother writing down the vowels, you have to guess the meaning based on the context, good luck if it's an ancient text using obscure antiquated versions of words that share roots with regular words used in everyday life, even the readers that are fluent in arabic have to use dictionaries to understand anything there.

The only advantage is that there's no silent consonants or silly letter constructions like there are in modern western european languages.
>>
>>73961992
But still many Arabs (and other Muslims) act like Arabic is the best, purest or most efficient language.
>>
>>73961266
Greek is not worse than Latin which was actually the alphabet of Greeks in shitaly.
>>
Back to re*dit faggot
Mélenchon is the human form of re*dit
>>
File: runes_meaningbw.jpg (58KB, 531x480px) Image search: [Google]
runes_meaningbw.jpg
58KB, 531x480px
why didn't we keep it :(
>>
>>73962191
>But still many Arabs [...] act like Arabic is the best, purest or most efficient language
kek, there's ethnocentric people all over the world, people claiming a glorious past ranging from full country-sized LARP sessions (FYROM or HRE for exemple), to the regular "WE WUZ" theories, that all big countries did at least once, theories that all th great men and women of history were actually slavs, or blacks.

Tbh I find it less obnoxious in Arabs, at least it's a subjective opinion.

And btw since arabic is so complicated, it has more nuances in its poetry and songs, arabic pop songs and raps can get very creative with their metaphors and hidden meanings, which is probably why you hear that. On the downside, arabic becomes too unprecise when writing about science or legislation, beautiful but pretty unpractical.
>>
>>73962861
> And btw since arabic is so complicated, it has more nuances in its poetry and songs, arabic pop songs and raps can get very creative with their metaphors and hidden meanings, which is probably why you hear that.
The exact same thing can be said about many languages. Arabic is not special.
Especially Hebrew, Sanskrit, Chinese and Japanese are known for having these properties as well.
>>
>>73962929
>The exact same thing can be said about many languages. Arabic is not special.
never claimed that it was kek

>Especially Hebrew, Sanskrit, Chinese and Japanese are known for having these properties as well.
I don't think you speak any of those languages, they have nuances too but in a different way

There are no "tones" in arabic like in chinese, pronouns are basic (muslim mentality is pretty egalitarian, so there are no cast-specific formulas) contrary to japanese. I don't know the specifities of hebrew but since 40% of the vocabulary is shared with arabic i guess it's similar.

I think every language has its beauty though, not putting one above the other just trying to be as objective as possible
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.