[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are people from larger cities more likely to be rude/distant

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1473637022395.png (1MB, 852x854px) Image search: [Google]
1473637022395.png
1MB, 852x854px
Why are people from larger cities more likely to be rude/distant than people from medium/small cities or towns? What's in a big city that causes that sort of "everyone's out for themselves" culture to develop?
>>
>>73738248
in small population region you exploit land to live, in big population region you exploit human
>>
>>73738248
Because its likely you wont see most of those people again, so the incentive to be polite is diminished
>>
>>73738248
Dunbar's Number.
>>
>>73738248
>What's in a big city that causes that sort of "everyone's out for themselves" culture to develop?
A lot of people.

In a small town everyone usually knows everyone, in one way or the other. In a city you simply can't, so the next person is just a person.
>>
I imagine living in a big city is a bit like the internet. Nobody will remember you and everyones an asshole. There's a certain anonymity to the city I suppose.
>>
that's why every foreigner feels evil
>>
Somehow the best achievements by mankind come from cities, while the worst of mankind resides there. I don't complain I'll just never go to a city.
>>
>>73738248
Being indifferent and cold =/= being rude

Unlike the common perceptions, people from countrysides were more often selfish or arrogant in my experiences. Many of the craziest crime cases in the news are from countrysides, which is weird because crazy human beings are more likely to be in places with more people. On the other hand, people with the best personalities I've met were born from middle class families in big cities.
>>
>>73738468
>the best achievements by mankind come from cities

That's just where they wind up.
>>
>>73738575
does Hong Kong even have a countryside
>>
>>73738248
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Behavioral_sink

tl;dr there's a pretty significant correlation between population density (via urbanisation in humanity) and pathological social behavior (homosexuality, infertility, etc)
>>
>>73738666
I'm an expat
>>
>>73738666
Yes. They're however paradoxically close to the urban area
>>
>>73738575
Rural areas are always filled with crazy people because crazy people are everywhere, but I'm talking more about how the big cities kind of develop this culture of aloofness. There's nice people in them, but overall the big city feels like a culture shock when you come from someplace where saying hi to a stranger is common and encouraged.
>>
File: 1458554930527.jpg (100KB, 375x1197px) Image search: [Google]
1458554930527.jpg
100KB, 375x1197px
>>73738248
>in city, be rude to a complete stranger - no consequences, you two never see or meet each other ever again
>in country, be rude to the only other person within 100 square kilometres - he hunts you down and fucks you up big time

Also large urban centres tend to have greater ethnic fragmentation and sectarianism and it's only natural for people to be rude and unforward towards ''others''
>>
>>73738747
>but overall the big city feels like a culture shock
The same could be said about the small cities or countrysides when you come from someplace where you are encouraged to not take someone else's time unless they're in need of help
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.