[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone have a legitimate reason not to like this guy? Like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

Does anyone have a legitimate reason not to like this guy? Like did he ever do anything fucked up behind the scenes? Isn't he like the Jesus of the US?
>>
>>73733218
The only big problem with him is that he was a slaveholder, but he did actually free his slaves after he died unlike that piece of shit Jefferson.

Absolutely GOAT general.
>>
>>73733290
Yeah and didn't everyone start forming parties like shitbags and he was like stop doing that? AND everyone wanted him to be king but he was like nah democracy senpai? Dude is a legend for good reason.
>>
>>73733218
he's an annoying leader in Civ V
>>
>>73733322
Yeah he's basically an American version of Cincinnatus.
>>
>>73733322
It was a pretty big deal after he decided to step down after eight years as president. A lot of international observers thought he was just hold on to power until he died.

As for what he believed politically, xkcd has basically rewritten his final speech as president in contemporary, everyday English: https://blog.xkcd.com/2007/01/29/washingtons-farewell-address-translated-into-the-vernacular/
>>
he was legitimately an embarrassment in his youth, his diplomatic blunders even led to a war (french-indian war?) because he watched an allied native split the head of a french diplomat in half and then didn't try to explain the situation to france since he couldn't speak french and was embarrassed by it

he was GOAT during revolution to death though, Cincinnatus tier
>>
>>73733322
>>73733380
>>73733413
That is likely only half the reason.

George Washington was suffering from oral disease, late in life, and I guess tolerating the pain was harder to do when you get old.

If George Washington never had oral and jaw problems, I don't think he would have stepped down from office after 8 years.

In fact, if George Washington was able to sire heirs, he might not have stepped down at all.
>>
>>73733456
Haha what about the head splitting? No one ever told me this part of the war.
>>
>>73733564
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scalping
>>
File: 1484966881724.png (730KB, 900x616px) Image search: [Google]
1484966881724.png
730KB, 900x616px
>>73733564
indians were literal savages, some indian chief split the head of a french diplomat and dragged his brains out over the ground. This was before the revolution
>>
>>73733218
he was against slavery and political parties

so if youre a zealot who likies slaves or partisan politics i suppose youd have a reason to dislike him

also until we elected trump he was the richest president by far, washington was the trump of his day if you replace army commander with real estate mogul

ignore jfk, his house he shared with his hundreds of siblings and cousins was worth 1 billion, not jfk himself
>>
File: 1475778754609.png (11KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1475778754609.png
11KB, 420x420px
The reason why gentry like him revolted was only because the Brits declared in 1763 that the Colonist couldn't expand westward of Appalachia because they were always getting into shit and disputes with Natives, the French, or the French-Native allied coalitions (the French Indian War was all about that) and this pissed off the gentry (like Washington) because most of them were land-spectators that would buy off the land from stupid Natives and sell sell it to colonizers at a higher price or making them quasi-serfs in exchange of working on them. The end-result was that America went against it's own best interest just so the people could switch from being under a provincial government sub-ordinate to a over-seas plutocrats who had an interest of protecting them and making them stronger, to a domestic self-ruling plutocrats. The decision was essentially the Brexit of it's time, and had it not been done, the Anglo League would be ruling over the entire known world and exploring the wide-ranging galaxy and beyond.
>>
>>73734114
>implying George III's madness wouldnt have imploded the first british empire one way or another
the american revolution was the best outcome, us losing the revolt would have ended with the usa being spanish (or God forbid, french...)

the first british empire was shit, the one that didnt suck balls didnt exist until the 1850's
>>
>>73734114
Are you that fag from /dixie/?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.