[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are these minority languages actually spoken in their respective

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: Languages_of_Spain.svg.png (163KB, 1280x828px) Image search: [Google]
Languages_of_Spain.svg.png
163KB, 1280x828px
Are these minority languages actually spoken in their respective areas or is it just memes and everyone gets by with just Spanish?

What's the status of Spanish in Catalonia?
>>
>>73686202
>>
>>73686202
All that languages still existing, some spoken by millions and others by a few thousands, Spanish is the main language in all the territory, but the catalonian government and their shitty education system teach more catalonian than spanish and the last catalonian generations are a little bit illiterate with Spanish
>>
>>73686721
HEAVILY overestimating the fluidez de castellano aquí.
>>
>>73686202
They're all Spanish-speaking overall, and the native speakers will likely to talk to you in Spanish. But if i lived in these place, I would definitely try to learn the local language (they're all pretty similar to Spanish, except Basque).
>>
>>73686721
That 10% in Galicia, never seen a galician that doesn't speaks Spanish, seems an accurate map
>>
>>73686794
>>73686896
>native-speakers
>>
>>73686202
>What's the status of Spanish in Catalonia?
100% of the population can speak Spanish

Catalan is widely spoken in day to day activities. Usually metropolitan centers like Barcelona have fewer Catalan speakers, while in rural and more northern parts like Girona almost nobody speaks in Spanish. Most of the population lives their life in two languages and is happy to do so
>>
>>73686969
Do you even know which that means? All in Spain are native-speakers in Spanish
>>
>>73686202

everyone speaks Spanish (Castellano) but regionally some people speak a second language, you have the same qith quebeck right? it's French but you can perfectly pass with english.
>>
>>73686721
Never seen a galician actually speaking with the correct accent but sure
>>
>>73687076
Lol the quebecan girl here I know can barely speak english

It's better just to communicate in castellano since she knows french.
>>
>>73687070
Do you?
The language of a native-speaker is his mother tongue, his first language.
>>
File: 1441580913627.jpg (12KB, 242x242px) Image search: [Google]
1441580913627.jpg
12KB, 242x242px
>>73687076
>it's French but you can perfectly pass with english.

Yeah, in Montreal and the areas of Quebec surrounding Ontario, but my guess is that if you go any farther east, less than half of the population will speak proper English.
>>
>>73687049
Thanks, so pretty much everyone speaks Spanish in Barcerlona but that is not necessarily the case outside of it.
>>
>>73687076
Lol, lots of Quebecois speak shit English. t. Anglo working in Quebec. My coworkers literally can't make a sentence in English more complicated than "My name is ___" or "It is an apple"
>>
>>73687224
And all people in Spain have Spanish as a mother tongue, in the regions with other languages they have 2 native languages
>>
>>73687224
Don't listen to them lol a lot of people have Catalan as their mother tongue and learn Spanish from tv and school. Idk about other regions.
>>
>>73687488
Yes, they are all able to speak it however. There difference I wanted to highlitght is between knowing a language and actually using it in your day to day.
>>73687774
Yes, and that is indeed my case and that of many friends. However we do have native proficiency in Spanish, even though we would not consider it our mother tongue
>>
>>73686896
>>73687179
If you notice closely, the dark spots correspond to the big cities in Galicia, where most people speak Castilian or Galician with a heavy castilian accent, probably learned in school.

The rural areas speak native Galician with an accent closer to the northern Portuguese ones.
>>
>>73687955
En Cataluña hay más gente con el español como lengua materna que en catalán
>>
>>73687573
>all people in Spain have Spanish as a mother tongue
My map disproved your point
> 2 native languages
So their parents speak two different languages to him?
>>73687955
Having a high proficiency doesn't make you a native-speaker
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.