[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>most americans are of german ancestry >they speak

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 150
Thread images: 17

>most americans are of german ancestry
>they speak english

explain this
>>
>>73680276
The ones in Pennsylvania still do. Anyway I don't think German is the most common HURRITAGE in America: it just seems so on that map because they settled in very sparsely populated areas.
>>
germanics are dogs and were iterally made to be ruled by french-speaking people and their relatives
>>
>>73680367
It is according to wikipedia

>The largest ancestries of American Whites are: German Americans (16.5%), Irish Americans (11.9%), English Americans (9.2%), Italian Americans (5.5%), Mexican Americans (5.4%), French Americans (4%), Polish Americans (3%), Scottish Americans (1.9%), Dutch Americans (1.6%), Norwegian Americans (1.5%), and Swedish Americans (1.4%).
>>
>>73680413
Ah damn. Interesting. I'm from New Jersey so maybe that skews my perspective (it's all Italians and Jews here).
>>
>>73680276

Germans are practical and suited to a mindless work life, like in the rural/midwest

Brits are more creative and suited to city life.

Germans are more egalitarian, Brits are like an aristocratic elite ruling over violent, dumb, white niggers
>>
>>73680276
trumps grandfather came from germany, but got kicked out from germany.
>>
>>73680276
Americans are pretty shit at learning foreign languages, our environment doesn't encourage us to due to our geographic location and lack of interest in the rest of the world. With the exception of first/second generation immigrants, the average average only knows english.
>>
Before the first world war German was still very widespread among the German-American population. There were German-speaking schools, sports associations and major publications, even the first newspaper reporting on the Declaration of Independence was German-speaking.

All of this changed with the world wars when the German American population was forcefully assimilated. Public authorities closed down schools, associations and publishers. Showing your German heritage in public marked you as an enemy(there are even documented lynchings) that they hid and surpressed the language due to social governmental pressure.

It took until the 60s to reverse the school ban in a surpreme court case.
>>
>>73681426
>[tl;dr : nerdy german shit]
my explanation was much better
>>
>>73681426

WE WUZ OPPRESS N SCHEISS
>>
>>73681599

Never change America.
>>
>"Those who come hither are generally of the most ignorant Stupid Sort of their own Nation…and as few of the English understand the German Language, and so cannot address them either from the Press or Pulpit, ’tis almost impossible to remove any prejudices they once entertain…Not being used to Liberty, they know not how to make a modest use of it…I remember when they modestly declined intermeddling in our Elections, but now they come in droves, and carry all before them, except in one or two Counties.

>Why should Pennsylvania, founded by the English, become a Colony of Aliens, who will shortly be so numerous as to Germanize us instead of our Anglifying them, and will never adopt our Language or Customs, any more than they can acquire our Complexion.

>Which leads me to add one Remark: That the Number of purely white People in the World is proportionably very small. All Africa is black or tawny. Asia chiefly tawny. America (exclusive of the new Comers) wholly so. And in Europe, the Spaniards, Italians, French, Russians and Swedes, are generally of what we call a swarthy Complexion; as are the Germans also, the Saxons only excepted, who with the English, make the principal Body of White People on the Face of the Earth. I could wish their Numbers were increased.

-Ben Franklin
>>
>>73681886
Pretty strong words for someone who impregnated his black slaves.
>>
>>73681886
TIL i am not white
time to rejoice, tomorrow i'll go to the welfare office and give them this text
>>
>>73681426
This is the truth
>>
>>73681686
American is objectively superior to bonglish.
>>
File: including-unreported1.jpg (4MB, 7129x3833px) Image search: [Google]
including-unreported1.jpg
4MB, 7129x3833px
>>73680276
That map is outdated
>>
>>73680276
that's bullshit, it's just that they have like 1 german grandfather so they go full muh heritage
>>
File: notgerman.png (994KB, 1512x1880px) Image search: [Google]
notgerman.png
994KB, 1512x1880px
>>73680413
self reported on census

>>73680967
trumps mother came from scotland

>>73682034
that's jefferson
>>
File: e55.jpg (161KB, 1890x1417px) Image search: [Google]
e55.jpg
161KB, 1890x1417px
>>73683479
>I'm starting to look like Shakespeare
>>
>>73682379
>finnish
>scandinavian
yea, i'ma keep using the old map
>>
>>73681426
There is literally no truth to this btw
>>
>Glorious Louisiana being full of dindus and hispashits

Disgusting.
>>
>>73683977
That's pretty much a small summary of the sourced wikipedia article, chicano.
>>
>>73683977
there literally is, and with americas track record with races its not surprising
>>
>>73683977
hmmm yes
look at all the cities named berlin after all
oh wait, they all changed them during WW1 and WW2

awkward
>>
>>73684030
You guys literally sold it for money
>>
Why do americans try to desperately ignore the fact that between 1820 and 1870 over seven and a half million german immigrants came to the United States, more than doubling the entire population of the country?
>>
germans are cucks, as a people and culture they are naturally subservient to authority and anglos are the ultimate authority
>>
>>73680276
>>73680413
I don't believe it, I live in the blue area and I've met less than ten people besides me with a non-Anglo surname.
>>
>>73684774
until recently immigrants tended to anglicize their last names
>>
File: 1472508142026.gif (607KB, 800x792px) Image search: [Google]
1472508142026.gif
607KB, 800x792px
>>73684764
>>73684767
>>
File: 1480876876001.jpg (28KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1480876876001.jpg
28KB, 400x300px
>>73681686

I was just joking, relax.
>>
>>73683720

shakespeare looks like a moor lol
>>
File: 1437377099073.jpg (55KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1437377099073.jpg
55KB, 499x499px
>>73682379
>Mexican or Spanish
>>
>>73680276
most of england is of germanic ancestry, and they speak english too, what's you're point?
>>
>>73680276
Assimilation over the generations. You're encouraged to learn English and families that don't usually only do so because they go to a special Religious school
>>
>>73680276
you realise those are the most sparsely populated areas
>>
ITT: euros get offended over nothing
>>
Germans aren't "most" of our country, for one thing. Secondly, American + British + English + ... all add up to be more than the Germs. It's just that British-American identity isn't much of a thing, it's divided up, and we're lazy about caring about it. We're the Default Americans.
>>
>>73686101
Most of England is of Breton ancestry and speaks English only by conquest.
>>
>>73687213
Uh, the default American is primarily of German ancestry.
>>
>>73680276
They are the largest minority.They only make up 15% of the population
>>
>>73687576
except not really, only regions like wales, cornwall and devon would be considered majority briton
pretty much all of eastern and central england saw huge ethnically germanic migrations during the early middle ages

and how would they speak english by conquest if the earliest foundations of what we would recognize as english started centuries after the migrations?
seems more like a language cultivated by a germanic-dominated england due to the extent of their influence on the language (and the minimal influence of breton and other celtic languages)
>>
>>73687649
So why don't they go on and on about it like the irish and italian americans? Why do they denounce their heritage as if it was something to be ashamed of? Even your president is ashamed of being of german heritage which is why he claimed to be swedish.
>>
>>73684030
Louisiana was originally part of New Spain
>>
>>73680276
Do you really need that explained idiot? After and aggressive Prussia stomping central Europe and two world wars who'd want to stick to their german?
>>
File: frederik-andersen.jpg (127KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
frederik-andersen.jpg
127KB, 620x349px
>>73688651
thank you for andersen
>>
>>73688712
Ey, you're welcome. I thought only the Chinese cared about him.
>>
>>73688525

Germs are practical and conformists. They have little independence of thought, and they are good at work and perfectionism.

Thus, it is completely in their character to destroy all connections to their place of origin and try to assimilate as fully into their new home as possible.
>>
>>73688561
LIES
>>
>deserters, murderers and runaways
>capable of speaking anything but anglo garbage

lel
>>
>>73680276
Because the US is an English speaking cunt.
>>
>>73690409
Hello Greek
>>
>>73690455
what the fuck are you talking about.
Germans left Germany because they betrayed the emperor. You dont need to be Ikibey to hate the deserters of hour zero.
>>
>>73680276

They aren't. Most Americans are of British ancestry. But if your name is Williams, almost your whole family is British, but you have 1 German grandparent, you say "I'm German! WE WUZ KAISERS AND SHEEIT!". It's hilariously over-reported. Same thing happens if you've got an Italian grandparent, or an Irish one.

In 1980, 30 million Americans claimed German ancestry and 40 million claimed English ancestry. In 2010, 50 million claimed German ancestry and 20 million claimed English ancestry. There wasn't a great English genocide, being English just stopped being cool.

Also, most of those regions that are colored in as German have a very low population density, they don't come even close to a majority even if you believe these absurdly over-inflated figures.
>>
>>73684774
They changed their surnames during WW1.
>>
File: sorcruz.jpg (39KB, 718x960px) Image search: [Google]
sorcruz.jpg
39KB, 718x960px
>>73680276
And most murricuns have also slavic and hispanic heritage. They never speak slavic, or spanish.
>>
>>73680276
Even if you believe self-reported surveys (which you really shouldn't), there are more Americans of Mexican ancestry than German ancestry.
>>
>>73684030
Now you know how do we feel with Nizza
>>
>>73690576
They speak spanish near the border
>>
America isn't mostly German, that's a meme. Being British is the default, so people choose to emphasize the "special" part of their heritage. For example, Senator Warren is obviously British, but her great-great-grandmother was Indian so she claims to be Indian.

Oftentimes, the "special" part of an American's heritage is German, so they ignore most of their family (of British descent) and say "I'm German!".
>>
>>73680276
This is another lie perpetuated by the perfidious anglo in order mask up its perfidiousness and treachery
>>
Why do Americans deny the German genocide?
>>
>>73685947
>tfw Othello was an edited autobiography
>>
>>73680276
>>most americans are of german ancestry

Nah most have British, but German is a close second. About your map you need to take into account population density, although things would be so mix by now there's no point singling out just one country of origin.
>>
>>73680413
>English Americans are (7.6%) of the total population.
>However, demographers regard this as a serious undercount, as the index of inconsistency is high, and many, if not most, people from English stock have a tendency (since the introduction of a new "American" category (See Old Stock Americans) in the 2000 census) to identify as simply Americans or if of mixed European ancestry, identify with a more recent and differentiated ethnic group. In the 1980 United States Census, over 49 million (49,598,035) Americans claimed English ancestry, at the time around 26.34% of the total population and largest reported group which, even today, would make them the largest ethnic group in the United States.
>>
File: Genetic Britain (2).jpg (155KB, 1024x724px) Image search: [Google]
Genetic Britain (2).jpg
155KB, 1024x724px
>>73686101
According to recent ongoing studies 10-40% Anglo-Saxon, depending on the region.

>There was no single 'Celtic' genetic group. In fact the Celtic parts of the UK (Scotland, Northern Ireland, Wales and Cornwall) are among the most different from each other genetically. For example, the Cornish are much more similar genetically to other English groups than they are to the Welsh or the Scots.
>The majority of eastern, central and southern England is made up of a single, relatively homogeneous, genetic group with a significant DNA contribution from Anglo-Saxon migrations (10-40% of total ancestry). This settles a historical controversy in showing that the Anglo-Saxons intermarried with, rather than replaced, the existing populations.
>Many of the genetic clusters show similar locations to the tribal groupings and kingdoms around end of the 6th century, after the settlement of the Anglo-Saxons, suggesting these tribes and kingdoms may have maintained a regional identity for many centuries.
>The population in Orkney emerged as the most genetically distinct, with 25% of DNA coming from Norwegian ancestors. This shows clearly that the Norse Viking invasion (9th century) did not simply replace the indigenous Orkney population.
>The Welsh appear more similar to the earliest settlers of Britain after the last ice age than do other people in the UK.
>There are separate genetic groups in Cornwall and Devon, with a division almost exactly along the modern county boundary.

http://www.ox.ac.uk/news/2015-03-19-who-do-you-think-you-really-are-genetic-map-british-isles
>>
>>73690609
>t. never left New Hampshire
>>
>>73680276
>Americans
Those are all self hating Anglos
>>
>>73692025
I'm from Illinois, the home of fake >muh heritage types.

>"Dude I'm totally German"-John Thomas Williams IV
>"Dude I'm totally Irish"-James Jackson
>"I'm like so Polish bro"-Edward Brown
>"Ayo senpai we wuz kangs and shit"-D'Angelo White
>>
>>73680276
>Most of the English are of German ancestry
>They speak English
It's a mystery
>>
>>73692135
Also they have English names and English ancestors. But they're "German" because great-great-uncle Hans came from Hamburg.
>>
this shit probably isn't even true, my mom always told us our family was almost 100% german, then i got DNA tested and it said 60% english, 30% irish lol, out here in the midwest no one knows or cares about their former heritage, they just say they're german idk why
>>
>>73681426
Same in Australia, about 400 schools were closed because they taught in German, mostly in South Australia, with some in Queensland.
>>
>>73692111
The only place I heard German surnames was in parts of North Texas and the Midwest everywhere else was predominantly Anglo or that one weird Italian name.
>>
>>73684774
>I've met less than ten people besides me with a non-Anglo surname.

wtf, do you rarely encounter human beings in general?
>>
>>73692358
If you look at the most common surnames in the US, they're overwhelmingly Anglo. Assuming that this anon plays in a very white part of the US, it's not hard to imagine that he's met almost exclusively people with anglo surnames.
>>
>>73680276
Midwesterner here. My grandfather spoke Deitsch, mother kind of understands it, and I know very little. WWI & WWII were the nails in coffin for German-American identity. Most people don't realize that there were bilingual schools all over, especially in the Midwest. However, it ended with the world wars. Only the Amish speak it now where I'm from. It's the most common foreign language. It's always funny to hear it in McDonalds when I decide to go out.
>>
>people still going on about muh surname despite the common knowledge that German immigrants changed their names and anglicized them during the wars
>>
>>73692523
Yes! There are two forms of written Penn Dutch. One that reads like German and one that reads like an English speaker writing German. Kind of like Yiddish.

There are so many instances of a Karl Heinrich changing his name to Charles Henry.
>>
>>73680276

This is probably some kind of weird Polish bait but this is how it happens

>Hans Weber moves to USA in 1830
>Hans Weber learns English
>Hans Wever marries an American girl
>Hans Weber has a kid Jeff Weber
>Jeff learns some German but uses it mostly to talk to his father
>Jeff marries and has some kids
>Those kids don't learn German
>One or more of them change their name if it's a more "German" surname
>WW1 is the height of this as more change their name and bury German heritage
>>
>>73692519
>Deitsch
It's Deutsch now quit the muh heritage crap we are by default Americans.
>>
>>73692627
Fuck off, m8. It's your fault you live in a city and your women have forgotten their culture. :)
>>
>>73692519
>my grandfather spoke deitsch
>deitsch

This sums up the entire "german" community in the US so well.
>>
>>73692695
I doubt they spoke pure and modern Standard German.
>>
>>73692695
That's what it is called. I don't understand why this is a big deal
>>
>>73692627
>>73692695
>American "education"
>>
>>73692736
I've heard from a German friend of mine that they can't understand it at all.
>>
>>73692111
You're full of shit. There are a ridiculous number of Poles alone in IL. Are you in some rich north suburb or something?
t. lived in rural Illinois for 18 years
>>
Most Mormons are British so expect this to change.
>>
>>73692519
Most Germans just wanted to be farmers and left alone in America. The ones ruining industries and making money were Anglos and some Ashkenazi's. That's why alot of farmers have Dutch or German surnames they just wanted to own land and work it. They did the same in places like Canada, Brazil, and Argentina.
>>
>>73692939
That makes sense. I'm from a rural part of Illinois. Almost all of my graduating class in high school had kraut names.
>>
>>73680276
In WWI, there was a lot of anti-German sentiment. Anything with a German name was given a new name. German Americans were widely persecuted, and even daschunds were killed to insult German-Americans. Thus, the Germans living in America had to assimilate very fast to avoid attacks.
>>
Anon, tell me.

What did you feel the moment you discovered the old, German-language chant books of your gran' at your parents' attic?
The books she couldn't just throw away when they were forced to destroy any trace of their heritage because she could still fondly remember singing all the songs every Sunday with her local parish and it would break have broken her heart?

And she told you that you were Swedish. Hah!
>>
>>73693038
LaSalle County reporting
>>
>>73693148
Do you eat spaetzle over mashed potatoes?
>>
Most brazilians claim to have Italian/German/japanese ancestry.

Most Hispanics claim to have Italian/German/Polish ancestry

It's just what colonies do.
They get butthurt at their former overlords and they try to pretend their overlords had less of an impact in creating them because it hurts their narrative of "we were opressed".
>>
>>73693218
you obviously know nothing about america.
>>
>>73693218
fuck off, weirdo, you're not invited. Pretend to be white elsewhere.
>>
>>73693243
>>73693248
He's right
>>73693218
This is always the case everyone goes muh heritage especially in the New World. Most White Americans are mixed Europeans anyways. Anglos fucked Germans, Italians fucked Germans and sooo on. Germans fucked Irish women and then you have the average American with heritage issues.
>>
>>73680276
WW1....My family changed their names and forgot German....I have Polish and Brit ancestory too and the Poles sought to assimilate but didn't have the forced need the Germans did, so my Grandfather amongst his family still spoke Polish.

My Polish -eric Grandfather also did a piss poor job of teaching my mother
She knows words like: hello, goodbye and some foods, objects and numbers. She counts off the numbers with her fingers like a kid. He failed at teaching her.
>>
>>73692627
>we are by default Americans

Yeah, but you are an immigrant with ancestors from another country. Unless you're a Red Indian.
>>
>>73693304
It's the woman's job to keep culture.
>>
>>73693197
Over? In what sense of 'over'?
>>
>>73693348
putting the noodles on top of the potatoes.
>>
>>73693304
Poles assimilate pretty well. People forget about the tens of thousands that settled here after WW2, and now there are over a million new ones here currently and will assimilate just the same.
>>
>>73680967
No, his grandfather left and made money. Then he came back to pick up a German slam-piece and setup in Germany to be told by his soon to be worthless noble that because he didn't serve he couldn't live in Deutschland.

So he went back to America with his wealth while everyone who treated him like shit lost their power and wealth and lived like a beggar on the Weimar Republic. Religious turds would probably say God blessed him.
>>
>>73693321
Okay so we get hate from europeans for muh heritage. And when we say we are Americans they think oh fucking arrogant Yankees ungrateful pricks. So which is it?
>>
>>73693303
he's not, a large portion of german and other non-anglo white americans descend from people who immigrated fairly recently, usually during the mid to late 19th and early 20th centuries.
>>
>>73693399
The answer is to not care about europe's opinion on anything
>>
>>73693359
My mother sometimes cooks big spaetzle with big cooked potato chunks but they aren't mashed. Otherwise spaetzle only or as a side to meat.
>>
>>73693441
We don't, which is why we've been so cool for the most part. It's just on the internet the majority of Americans sperg out and feel the need to connect with "Europeans". It's autistic thank jeebus it's mostly only on the internet.
>>
File: 2sexxxie_a2.png (2MB, 2201x2209px) Image search: [Google]
2sexxxie_a2.png
2MB, 2201x2209px
>>73680276
>>
>>73693478
Aww, we make the noodles with turkey or beef and put them over mashed potatoes. :)

It's a double carb and the reason we're so fucking fat.
>>
>>73680367
t. Tyler Bauer

>>73680505
t. Jack Walser

>>73680617
t. Mason Berghauer

>>73681184
t. Bob Nussdorfer

>>73681599
t. Paul Witke

>>73681886
t. Bill Krantz

>>73682127
t. Ted Rosenbaum

>>73682379
t. Kit Wagner

>>73683787
t. David Kroeber

>>73683977
t. Don Lichtenberg

>>73684767
t. Carson Weiss

>>73684774
t. Ed Wiener

>>73684840
t. Sam Thurber

>>73685247
t. Jad Bohm

ah, you got the point by now
>>
>>73693562
>with turkey
Never done that before.
>>
>>73693399
Europeans don't get it. Fuck them. All their grandparents are of the same lineage.
>>
>>73693321
>immigrant
An immigrant is someone born in one place, but who then moves to another place. I was born here.
Also, I'm only descended from immigrants on my dad's side. My mom's ancestors were colonists, not immigrants.
>>
>>73681426
this is true btw, german americans were so heavily discriminated against during WW's that they even tried to put them in internment camps with the japs but realized there were too many of them so they resorted to being dicks to them in any way they could instead

t. someone whose grandfather changed his german last name to sound anglophone
>>
>>73693594
It's really cheap here. Less than a dollar a pound. You should try it. I prefer beef though.
>>
>>73693591
You should see the surnames in Cleveland, OH and Pueblo, CO. They're all named Frank or Joe.
>>
File: sM77zRs.jpg (36KB, 709x765px) Image search: [Google]
sM77zRs.jpg
36KB, 709x765px
>>73680276
>tfw German ancestry
>tfw not British
>>
>>73693665
are you by any chance alluding to places with a high concentration of my own ethnicity? I know that Cleveland is one such place, at least.
>>
>>73680367
>The ones in Pennsylvania still do.
where i grew up, the amish barely speak ""german"" anymore, it's more like and ugly combination of english and german which sounds like gibberish
>>
>>73693742
where do you live? the amish where I live refuse to speak english. They have to have interpreters.
>>
>>73681426
Yeah my family was one. I am from New England but live in Brooklyn, New York and specifically in Bushwick. Hipsters and professionals have moved in but it's still filled with worthless spics.

Historically it was strongest when the Germans and Dutch ruled it and major breweries existed here. Hipsters are bringing back the breweries but when you look at it's history, muh-heritage Germans/Dutch being replaced with Latinos was suicide for the area. Unless they work for someone else, tire change and small shops are the most they can handle. No real industry and business that bring in outside wealth exist.
>>
I saw some Amish with their silly hats when I was up in Burlington, VT last year.

Unfortunately they had some Ben and Jerry's so I couldn't eavesdrop on some conversation (and then I had some myself).
>>
File: Church3.jpg (701KB, 2564x1784px) Image search: [Google]
Church3.jpg
701KB, 2564x1784px
>>73693716
Yes, I am. As a matter of fact, my grandma Okorn made great potica for Easter.
>Catholic church in Slovenian neighborhood of Pueblo
>>
>>73693810
lancaster pa
>>
>>73693829
Should've tried to speak German with them kek.
>>
>>73684030
Don't worry you guys still have Vermont and Maine.
>>
>>73693939
Vermont is mostly Anglo. We just have a crush on Quebec.
t. Vermonter
>>
>>73693913
I don't man, all of them made pretty serious faces. I

I've never seen people looking this stern-faced while enjoying some tasty ice cream.
>>
>>73691404
>since the introduction of a new "American" category (See Old Stock Americans) in the 2000 census) to identify as simply Americans
I've never seen "American" as an option on the US census. However, Rush Limbaugh had once put forth that chosing "Other" and writing in American would skew the race count of the census. I guess it worked.
>>
>>73693939
>implying maine isn't full of disgusting somalis now
>>
>>73693992
Can confirm. I saw lots of 'Welcome Quebecers' signs in shop windows there.

t. I went to Vermont a year ago.
>>
>>73693896
I remember you posting this church before. Okorn is a legit Slovenian surname, and having potica for velika noč is of course mandatory.
>>
>>73693321
Not him but I just identify as American since I'm part German, french, Brit, swedish.
>>
>>73693997
Amish don't fuck around they give everyone serious faces. They are the definition of isolationist.
>>73684030
Blame Napoleon you could've had some colonies in the new world besides Quebec, but you messed up that opportunity.
>>
>>73693992
>ywn live in Vermont
>>73694022
Hopefully confined to Portland
>>
>>73694080
Nah. Regardless of whether or not he sold it we'd have had it. Manafest destiny and all. I do feel bad for the French though for getting cucked out of their settler states.
>>
File: image.jpg (58KB, 449x435px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58KB, 449x435px
Germans in the civil war

>https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_Americans_in_the_American_Civil_War

German-Americans in the American Civil War were the largest ethnic contingent to fight for the Union. More than 200,000 native Germans served in the Union Army, notably from New York and Ohio. Thousands also served in the Confederacy, being primarily descended from Pennsylvania German ancestors who had migrated to the Carolinas in the 18th century and early 19th century, along with Swabian, Swiss, and Austrian immigrants who arrived directly in the South.
>>
>>73682093
Back in those days "white" meant northern european and most importantly, Protestant.
>>
>>73690591
The average Italian is already a shitskin, tho
>>
>>73681886
It's true that most of the Founding Fathers were of British stock, and to be a true white American is to be of British ancestry to be quite honest with you.
>>
File: American.png (170KB, 2560x1346px) Image search: [Google]
American.png
170KB, 2560x1346px
What did they mean by this?
>>
>>73690545
Good post
>>
>>73694842
No, what Ben meant was purely about the skin colour, he didn't care about the eyes or the hair, his only concern was the skin colour. If you could tan, in Ben's book you were not a true white. that unability to tan is mostly a ginger trait, that skin type is most common in the british ilses and north western europe. he of course included the saxons to not contradict himself about the english of saxon stock.
Thread posts: 150
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.