[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do Latin Americans ever wish their countries were colonised by

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 1492120971149.png (951KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1492120971149.png
951KB, 1024x768px
Do Latin Americans ever wish their countries were colonised by Britain instead of Spain so that they would be successful now?
>>
I don't think so, at first I did but the colonist never fully mingled with the natives in new England. But meso America had an empire as opposed to nomadic governance. So who knows how would it turned out.
>>
Protestant Christians are more open to capitalism...so maybe.
>>
>>73645335
More like adapted. Latin Americans have the asses spread apart for capitalism but don't know what to do with it.
>>
File: C7KAIglX0AE64ZR.jpg (109KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
C7KAIglX0AE64ZR.jpg
109KB, 1200x800px
>>73645277
>>73645335
>>73645499
>ask latin america
>us americans reply
>>
They would still be poor shitholes like Jamaica and Belize. Only Argentina and Chile would be significantly richer
>>
>>73645054
No, because I wouldn't exist if that happened.
>>
>>73645054
Nah, spaniards were ok but they overextended way too much to be efficient colonizers. If only they had colonized just the southern cone it would be a paradise.
>>
Yes actually. A portion of Brazil had actually been colonized by the Dutch at one point, and we often joke about how we shouldn't have kicked them out.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_Brazil
>>
>>73645054

Who knows the outcome of that. Indigenous thought Spaniards were Quetzalcoatl and his companions. They treated them really nice and that kind of behavior would have been valorated by the protestants maybe, or just seen as a way to slowly convert us to protestantism. Wars would have been caused by those indigenous groups who opposed to the mexicas. Mayans might had been like "WTF, those guys are crazy" and start a war with protestants just because muh traditions and gods.

But knowing that protestants almost exterminated North American natives, welp, maybe it could have been a US with tropical climate and some caramel minorities.

It could have been worse tough, Cristobal Colon asked the arabs for founding his voyage and they rejected the offer.
>>
>>73645928
Kek, imagine a country populated by indio muslims...
>>
>>73645928
>that protestants almost exterminated North American natives

Nice meme
>>
>>73645928
Thank God. Wouldn't want to be a mudslime.
>>
god yes
>>
>>73645984
No...ni dios lo quiera.
>>
>>73646077
Shameful. Where is your pride?
>>
>>73645984
That's basically Indonesia, they look exactly like indios.
>>
>>73646106
not with the spanish, that's for damn sure
>>
>>73645054
Yes, definitely africa is full of sucessful countries
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.