[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How influential is religion in your country? Israel is basically

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: ovadia.jpg (1003KB, 2592x1728px) Image search: [Google]
ovadia.jpg
1003KB, 2592x1728px
How influential is religion in your country?
Israel is basically the Vatican on a nuclear state scale - everything here has to do with religion, and to paraphrase, while in Rome all the roads led to the city of Rome, in Israel all the public money lead to the pockets of Rabies...
>>
We don't celebrate Easter, so none at all.
>>
60% of people are Catholics, but those are mostly lapsed Catholics
>>
File: religion.jpg (140KB, 727x712px) Image search: [Google]
religion.jpg
140KB, 727x712px
I'd say not at all but that's not true. Being religious can really hurt your reputation.
>>
>>73553700
We're religious in the worst way, the reasonable catholics and high church protestants are irrelevant, meanwhile the baptists and mega church evangelicals are the ones who have influence.
>>
the church is an official public institution like any other, it provides public services and adds flavor to otherwise boring events. occasionally the arch-bishop is asked what he thinks about ethical problem #X.

so in a way influential but not in any way that gets in the way of rational decision making on governmental level.
>>
>>
>>73554476
Unless you're Muslim? :^)
>>
File: int.jpg (618KB, 1789x878px) Image search: [Google]
int.jpg
618KB, 1789x878px
>>73554651
Getting real tired of nothing but meme responses 24/7. Are you all children?
>>
>>73554983
>t. ahmed
>>
>>73554983
That flag is a heavy burden to carry.
>>
You can't be President here without being Protestant.
Catholics are seen wearily, but somewhat accepted.
>>
>>73555344
Was there anyone noteworthy beside JFK?
Heard he was given alot of shit by the media because of religion
>>
>>73555539
Never really got that impression from history class, theres a lot of them in New England / New York
>>
>>73555657
Live in New England. Most of the white people are very informal Catholics or protestants. The only religious people are the Hispanics and the Jews
>>
>>73555344
thats literally irrelevant these days. this isnt the 1960's
>>
>>73553700
While there is a growing secular movement religion is very predominant in daily life in America as well as politics... even though it's not supposed to be. Pretty much any attempt to properly untangle religion and politics is heavily resisted by congress and by religious leaning citizens and organizations.

In my region it's fairly heavily Catholic but most of the country is some other variant of Christianity (Protestant, Baptist, Evangelical, Methodist, etc.) I don't really know the difference.

America also plays host to many other religions but Christianity is most dominant and there is often resentment towards non-Christians in some parts.
>>
>>73557610
this

even an islamic negro became president
>>
>>73557919
>>73555344
>>73554547
Are you posting from the early 2000s or something? We just elected a president that held up an LGBT flag at the Republican convention and ran up huge numbers with Evangelicals giving the most marginal of efforts to even pander to them.

Christian extremism in this country has been such a dead issue for years now.
>>
>>73553700
>The Jew behind the Rabbi is conspiring his hands

Even amongst Jews one is at risk of swindling.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.