[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>NEET >Lots of money saved up from working previously and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: 1492042746082.jpg (65KB, 601x601px) Image search: [Google]
1492042746082.jpg
65KB, 601x601px
>NEET
>Lots of money saved up from working previously and birthdays and stuff
>Kept reading about the importance of dressing well online
>Kept looking at pictures of men dressed nicely
>Decide "now is my best time"
>Bought 4 dress shirts for $100/each
>Two suits on sale for like $400
>Dress pants, dress shoes the whole nine yards

>Realized I'm unemployed and can't find a job
>Realize that IN THE BEST CASE SCENARIO, ill be significantly overdressed for a $18/hr position in the best possible case
>Realize I don't have the education nor the experience to even wear my clothes anywhere
>Feel like a complete fool because I spent over $1000 on clothes that don't match my lifestyle at all
>Realize I'm just going to fucking wear a suit while sitting on 4chan and shitposting, or *AT BEST* watching programming tutorials or trying to learn how to trade Options

I fucked up, guys. Do NOT fall for the "Dress to impress" and "Dress for the job you want, not the one you have" memes.
>>
>>73520042
i enjoyed this read, and i usually don't enjoy these reads.
>>
you still have 2 good suits so why are you mad at yourself

1k dollars wont be that much once you grow up and start working
>>
>>73520042
Yeah, you made a fooling choice. You should have saved your money for times of need or spent it on training/certs to help you find a job. Just don't do it again and use your limited resources more carefully.
>>
>>73520236
>>73520252
I feel like a damn fool, fellas.
>>
JUST
>>
>>73520042
>Kept reading about the importance of dressing well online
are you serious? are you an anglo born in canada to anglo parents? probably not.
nobody gives a shit about how you dress here. and i would think canada is the same.
stop worrying about this shit unless you are looking for a job in latin america.
>>
>>73520042
you literally just desbribed all of
>>>/fa/
>>
>>73520042
>Dress for the job you want, not the one you have
but this is actually good advice, don't listen to anyone who shits on you for it
picture this mate, here you are in maccas flipping burgers and everyone to your left and right is wearing maccas uniforms covered in grease
but you stand out in the middle wearing a three piece thousand dollar suit complete with shined leather shoes and a tie clip
who should walk in the door that day? why no other than Ronald McDonald him fucking self, he sees you in that suit and instantly makes you regional manager
trust me
>>
>>73521693
what is /fa/? faggots?
>>
>>73521658
>nobody gives a shit about how you dress here. and i would think canada is the same.

Yeah, maybe at McDonald's or in a warehouse.
>>
File: CVlP2fm.png (359KB, 474x528px) Image search: [Google]
CVlP2fm.png
359KB, 474x528px
>>
>>73520042
>no education beyond a hs diploma
>questionable math background
>trying to learn how to trade Options

wewwwwwww

um yeah, don't worry about the expensive dress la, you will soon be rid of it to pay for your margin calls
hahahahahaha
>>
>>73521881
I'm a programmer and I go to work in a hoodie and jeans. if you're not in sales or something where you meet clients all the time it's unnecessary
>>
>>73520042
>Be me
>Be in CS field
>Get by with wearing a button up shirt and nice jeans at most.
>Be self-employed
>Only need for a suit is weddings.
>>
>>73520308
>>73520042
Have you stopped growing? If so, you're in the clear and now you have clothes for job interviews for the next decade.
>>
>>73520042
Become a limo driver. You get to wear your clothes and you'll make mad tips. You have to live in a big city with nightlife but you could get lucky and make $1000 after a good weekend
>>
File: Jacket.jpg (398KB, 1516x2156px) Image search: [Google]
Jacket.jpg
398KB, 1516x2156px
>>73520042
I like clothing and I don't dress to impress but because I feel comfortable in sartorial clothing.
I'm not a rich lad but I spent probably close to 2000+ with my local tailor because it's more akin of a hobby to me.
If you want to dress to impress you could do it a lot cheaper via Ebay or thrift stores. Those 400$ you spent on those zoots are probably very cheap fused suits instead of canvassed zoots. You could've spent waaaay less than that on Ebay and gotten a much better quality product or in thrift stores.
Anyways, you could save your clothes for occasion in which you feel the clothes would be more comfortable to wear.
>>
File: llj.jpg (40KB, 500x403px) Image search: [Google]
llj.jpg
40KB, 500x403px
at least you have clothes. all the clothing i used to have were way too small and like 10+ years old, they got torn and dissolved by sweat. now I sit naked on my wooden chair on a plastic tarp which I clean everyday. still sucks since I can't go outside and have to wear a towel if my parents are home.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.