[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Taiwan becomes first country in Asia to ban eating of ca

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: pepelaugh.jpg (18KB, 248x189px) Image search: [Google]
pepelaugh.jpg
18KB, 248x189px
>Taiwan becomes first country in Asia to ban eating of cat and dog meat

http://news.asiaone.com/news/asia/taiwan-becomes-first-country-asia-ban-eating-cat-and-dog-meat/Taiwan-becomes.htm
>>
I don't support this
>>
Meanwhile euros keep eating horses
>>
The enlightened practices of the west should be brought everywhere.

I support this.
>>
I do not support this. While I do not believe in eating cats and dogs, so long as you kill an animal humanely, there is nothing wrong with eating it, so long as its not a human, dolphin, elephant or chimp.
>>
>>73476814
>implying there is something wrong in this
>>>mlp
>>
File: Dolphin-Meat.jpg (537KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Dolphin-Meat.jpg
537KB, 1024x768px
>>73477001
>[...] so long as its not a human, dolphin, elephant or chimp.
muh dolphins
muh elephants

Provided that kills are done ethically, there's no reason to ban consumption of dolphins/elephants. The only principled limitation on meat consumption is within the family Hominidae: that means no orangutans, gorillas, chimpanzees, humans, etc.
>>
>>73477146
>The only principled limitation on meat consumption is within the family Hominidae

There's nothing wrong with eating them though your distinctions are just as arbitrary as his.
>>
>>73477146
except that

>elephants are endangered
>it's not done for meat but for ivory and sport
>>
>>73477206
This. Objectively speaking human meat is edible, but it is taboo to eat it outside some snall cultures. Just put the brainmatter to the bin to not catch diseases.
>>
>>73477281
No, Elephants are hunted for their meat alot. Those going for Ivory also take the meat as the by product of the hunt for sale or consumption of the party.if they desire.
>>
>>73477281
African elephants are not endangered everywhere though. In some African countries they can sustain a large population of elephants where older males can be harvested.
>>
>>73477474
Just wondering if there was a meat that cost $13.60 a pound how does that range on the scale of expensive meats?
>>
>>73477546
dunno about the meat markets of Africa, but here in Florida beef is like 2-3$ a pound, and I've seen alligator as much as 11-12$ a pound.
>>
>>73477636
Because according to Wikipedia

>Forest elephants in Africa are normally around 5,000 to 6,000 pounds. While the ivory may be sold for around $180 (in 2007), a poacher could sell the meat (approximately 1,000 pounds) for up to $6,000. During this time, Africans living in the Congo Basin were earning an average of around $1 per day.
>>
>>73477206
This
Also we should be eating anything that has a low population, especially not endangered. To me that the only limitation, maybe humans too, for reasons of social cohesiveness and so we don't have some popular cannibalistic cult arising and regressing the world or something.
>>
>>73477937
*Shoudn't
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.