[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come Europe colonised the America's rather than West

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 1491753127477.jpg (171KB, 956x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1491753127477.jpg
171KB, 956x1280px
How come Europe colonised the America's rather than West Africans or east Asians?
>>
Have you seen what happened to South Africa?
>>
>>73449276
>How come Europe colonised the America's rather than West Africans or east Asians?
Because Europe discovered them first.

>why did Europe discover them first
Because the Ottomans (when they were at their peak and kinda ruling Eurasia) were cucking us out of a trade route, which forced us to go by sea. The Spaniards accidentally discovered America after.

And E. Asian's (it should only be China really, Korea/Japan were never that relevant) got isolationist/comfy and didn't industrialize.
>>
>>73449276
white scum came first
>>
East Asia became isolationist at one point and missed it out.
Africans were never developed enough to pull it off I think.
>>
>>73449469
>Africans were never developed enough to pull it off I think.
Why's this? No memes please.
>>
>>73449371
/thread
>>
>>73449496
I imagine it has do with access to the wider culturesphere.
Ideas and inventions in Eurasia flowed relatively freely back and forth and even if a civilization fell it's legacy didn't.
Compare that to many civilizations outside that sphere, in Africa or the new world and you will see rises and falls, but little retention.
Compare that to Europe that got the legacy of the ancients preserved and exploded when it reclaimed it.

Or niggers have low IQ, I donno lol
>>
File: indian-ocean.jpg (136KB, 720x497px) Image search: [Google]
indian-ocean.jpg
136KB, 720x497px
>>73449496
Mozambique to Madagascar, 700 km
Borneo to Madagascar, 7000 km

Guess which people settled in Madagascar first
>>
>>73449276
Because Europe was dirt poor, far removed from the centre of civilization, and was desperate for stuff.

East Asians had most of the things they wanted; their explorer fleets were basically a way of showing off.

West Africans did not know that there were things that they wanted; they had no explorer fleets.

And then some fool went west because he thought it would take him directly to East Asia, and because he thought the world was 6000 miles in diameter. He accidentally hit land.
>>
There is a very good 3 part documentary from National Geographic describing this topic pretty well. It's called: "Guns, Germs, and Steel" You can find it on Youtube.
>>
File: 1480858312139.jpg (213KB, 1176x854px) Image search: [Google]
1480858312139.jpg
213KB, 1176x854px
>>73450809
>Guns, Germs, and Steel
>>
((((Guns, Germs, and Steel))))
>>
Because gold
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.