[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>you're cunt >who is the greatest philosopher

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: mill.jpg (183KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mill.jpg
183KB, 1920x1080px
>you're cunt
>who is the greatest philosopher and why is it JS Mill
>>
there is all kind of wrong with the millean

it is kant that establishes moral precedence by his usage of the absolute

mill accordingly would be the akin to the neetchean slave morality
>>
It's Diogenes. The absolute madman.
>>
/dixie/
Aquinas
>>
>>73441272
Hume
>>
Descartes because he is completely logical.
Most philosophers are just sentimentalists ranting about their lives in a third person manner. "Man should be free!", "Man wolf to man!" among others. Descartes used reason to conclude that all empirical reason is invalid, since our sight, hearing etc are unreliable. So it's safe to assume that only one thing exists, and that is whatever source of your perceiving etc is (cogito ergo sum).
>>
File: ytho.jpg (912KB, 1813x2111px)
ytho.jpg
912KB, 1813x2111px
>>73441403
>>
>>73441428
>Descartes used reason to conclude that all empirical reason is invalid, since our sight, hearing etc are unreliable
nigger i be talkin 2 yo ass rn. dat is reliable nigga
>>
>>73441327
to clarify
you would only follow mill due to his formulation not because it is intrinsically good, it only achieves goodness through the subsumption of morality as achieving "happiness"

in other words the millean system supposes that morality is nothing more than a formulation to achieve happiness by subjecting everything into values of moral value so that by increasing that value you increase happiness. which relegates morality as a secondary instrument of happiness

therefore happiness becomes the millean end, one that apparently espouses philosophy above lust yet happiness is in a category above morality so that happiness becomes the intrinsic goal, as if people can be happy doing philosophy

irregardless the millean has all kind of problems with it
>>
>>73441505
why do you find it necessary to write like such a pretentious faggot?
>>
>>73441547
not an argument
>>
bimp
>>
adolf hitler
>>
>>73441272
He's the final boss of classical liberalism and only the tutorial boss for philosophy as a whole.
>>
>>73441578
"Irregardless" and not using capitalisation or punctuation detracts from it desu.
>>
>>73445110
i didn't think anyone cared enough
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.