[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is it to live in the tropics? Is life bearable? Aren't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: amazon1.jpg (216KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
amazon1.jpg
216KB, 1440x900px
How is it to live in the tropics? Is life bearable? Aren't you sweating your ass of all day?
>>
Technically not in the tropics (North of the Tropic of Cancer), but the weather is so much worse. It started going above 40°C in the last week of March suddenly.
It's because of Himalayas blocking all the cool winds from North (Siberian anticyclone system). This causes most of the Indian subcontinent to have much higher temperatures than other places at the same corresponding latitudes.
>>
>>73416977
read the question again now, pajeet
>>
>>73417037
No, I don't really sweat all the time. I stay indoors mostly. Indoor areas are usually air conditioned or cooled some other way.
When I'm outdoors, I don't sweat either because I live in the desert and there are always very hot winds blowing (which are very hazardous, by the way). The sun is also very intense and can burn your skin.
>>
>>73416659
It's paradise. Costa Rica is 10/10, better than when I lived in Germany.
>>
>>73418742
Explain. How? Just the living standard? Were you able to make a decent living there?
>>
>>73416659
must be shit
anyone who says otherwise must be retarded
>>
>>73418977
Depends on what makes it shit: the climate or the people that live in the tropics
>>
It's like a vacation all year long.
>>
I'd hate to take several showers a day and checking for dangerous animals before going to bed
>>
>>73418935
Well, I only visited, so I can't say that living on the economy is easy. I don't know the job market. But the quality of life is just under Germany's, while the weather is comfy 10/10, no bugs for the most part, and the wildlife and food are much better. Obviously, there are a lot of crappy parts, too, as it's a third world country, but most Costa Ricans seem to live in modesty rather than poverty.
>>
>>73416659
It's beareble if you live in a city at least 1800m above sea level, where the air isn't humid anymore and is temperate all year tound.

t. live in a high altitude city in the tropics. The average temperature is 14°C, which is lower than most cities in the southern USA
>>
What do french and british people think about their oversea territories?
not having to leave your country for some third world shithole, while still being able to experience another continent and the tropical climate sounds p good
>>
>>73419275
both
keep in mind that arabs are retarded trash
then imagine those jungle creatures
>>
>>73417511
wtf are you talking about brown skin doesn't burn
>>
File: 1487287651659.jpg (21KB, 600x604px) Image search: [Google]
1487287651659.jpg
21KB, 600x604px
>>73422477
wow
>>
File: 3264236234643634.jpg (2MB, 4018x2305px) Image search: [Google]
3264236234643634.jpg
2MB, 4018x2305px
>there are people living in the tropics and subtropics

what the fuggg :D
>>
>>73422386
Do you live in Medellin?
>>
>>73424783
Are the subtropics nice?
>>
>>73427159
I've been to northwest argentina once to see the giant waterfalls, it feels junglish, palm trees, mosquitos, really humid so I guess that the subtropics is like a watered down rainforest.

i've never been to florida or cuba but they must be similar in weather and flora.
>>
>>73416659
I spent one year in the tropics and would never go back. I sweated like I've never sweated in my life, I needed to drink all kinds of juices and sugary drinks just not to become dizzy and I once burned my scalp very badly just for not wearing a cap outside in August. Oh yeah, and the temperature doesn't go down at night or when it rains.
>>
>>73429803
So its only good for vacations but not to live

Tbh Spain can already be really hot in summer. Luckily it's not that humid and you probably have air conditioning in most work places, but still
>>
>>73430344
>Tbh Spain can already be really hot in summer

Where I live summer is so mild it feels like springtime but yeah medcucks have to put up with (or enjoy, depending on your viewpoint) really hot summers
>>
File: 27983594.jpg (234KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
27983594.jpg
234KB, 1024x768px
>>73427159
All the arid region of Mexico is the subtropic. Hot during the day, cold during the night. Meat based diet. Not very densely populated so that's good for me. 355 days of sunshine a year, though.

We build the houses with high ceilings to avoid humidity, the windows never point to the east of west to avoid the dawn/twilight low sun and everyone has their own A/C.
>>
>>73418977
A thread with ikibey. Can only be quality.
>>
>>73424664
It does, just nowhere near as easily as white skin
>>
>>73416659
You need air-conditioning to make life bearable
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.