[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would be the first nation to create an artificial intelligence?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

File: 49CWJ4S.jpg (191KB, 747x800px) Image search: [Google]
49CWJ4S.jpg
191KB, 747x800px
What would be the first nation to create an artificial intelligence?
Is it possible to create a machine that will think and feel just like any human being?
How will sex robots be viewed in your country from the point of morality?
>>
>>73396256
Obviously, the United States.

Yes.

The same as human prostitutes, perhaps.
>>
>>73396256
I think Japan will seeing all the weird shit they've been doing with robotics
>>
china
>>
america or china. I think america will create it but china will make it more advanced and will continue to develop it
Yes, it's possible.
Idk and idc
>>
usa
yes
sex bots will be banned
>>
Sexbots will make bitches butthurt because they will become obsolete.
>>
>What would be the first nation to create an artificial intelligence?
My bet is Japan

>Is it possible to create a machine that will think and feel just like any human being?
Think yes, feel no.

>How will sex robots be viewed in your country from the point of morality?
Will be probably shamefull but not illegal or imoral, pretty much like prostitutes.>>73396256
>>
>>73396256
Nice artifical tits and butt.
>s it possible to create a machine that will think and feel just like any human being?
We don't know what is human feeling and thinking yet. they only need to simulate thet. Internal process doesn't matter for us.
I doubt there ill be same countries. Normal i guess.
>>
>>73396371
Japan huh? Do you even know if they are developing it?

The US will reach it first.
Other countries will try to copy it, but fail at it until even having AI loses whatever purpose it could possibly have. Then other countries will have it developed.
The US will have moved on to something else by that time.
>>
>>73396436
so you have a crystal ball huh?
>>
I think machine learning algorithms are too dumb at the moment to create a human-like AI.
>>
AI masters student here, AMA
>>
>>73396472
>broken logic detected

As far as I know the only companies actively developing it and achieving progress on it right now are US companies.

Japan will never be a factor in this--they've been failing at robots since the day we gave them the technology for it after WW2
>>
>>73396511
When and where I can buy my personal dick sucking Audrey Hepburn?
>>
>>73396329
there would be a huge blackmarket for them though
>>
>>73396622
I wish I knew man ;_;
>ywn have an audrey gf
>>
>>73396649
ai is not some commodity
there will be plenty of sex bot but true ai is in the handful

and after than just the other

people will be regulated to the not-all-there such as people with super computers
>>
>>73396315
>china will make it more advanced
provide one example of this for anything
Japan is the one that advances technology
>>
>>73396511
Any interesting stuff came out recently? What's today's "state of the art" when it comes to AI?
>>
But can they make fish AI ??
>>
>>73396856
AI is all around you already, you just don't really notice it.
Auto-correct, Google suggestion, business models, they've all got AI.

There is a high influx of AI in commercial use, especially since 2014-2015.
>>
>>73396256
The controversy over whether a machine is able to think or feel is probably from the time when a man noticed that he thinks, feels and makes machines. But this statement of the question itself is an example of one of those inconsistencies that are result of the existence of language - the main magic tool of mankind. Here are two sentences that strictly and accurately describe empirical reality:
>The man is thinking.
>The machine is buzzing.
Now we'll do the simplest operation - swap the parts. We got two new sentences:
>The man is buzzing.
>The machine is thinking.

It's the simplest trick that lies at the foundation of the whole history that madly accelerates from the neolithic times. First - people use words to describe what is is, then they change the words order in the sentences and get a description of what is not and then they try to create it. This is how an "airship", "constitutional monarchy" first appeared, and so on. That is the magic of mankind, which distinguishes us from animals. However, we can look at this magic as a mechanical function, for which there is no need for some sort of an "intellect", but only the ability to reflect the meanings arising during the permutations of words. In this scenario a man turns out to be just a machine controlled by balloons of words that chaotically rolling inside it.
>>
>>73397035
I thought these were more akin to specific task neural networks (pattern recognition and son on).
But I'm a layman so I guess the term AI to me means something else. I don't know, when I think of AI I think of something more "broad" and "flexible".
>>
American universities are doing WAY more research on artificial intelligence than anyone else, America will be the first
>>
>>73397229
I guess the AI you're more familiar with is intelligence that resembles the human mind.

Self-learning AI is also getting bigger, it's basically a program learning from itself.
Here is an example: https://youtu.be/qv6UVOQ0F44

There are currently experiments at making AI say meaningful and logic sentences. It's very creepy if you listen to the stuff they have now.
>>
>>73397200
I'll continue.

Back to our example. Here is the sentence "The man is buzzing." It's easy to imagine a comedian who, after negotiations with the studio, smiled into the lens, made a surprised face and buzzed. Here the magic of words worked well. But here's the sentence "The machine is thinking." We can connect power supplies and microchips in different order, in any order. We can make a very complex device, it will look the most mysterious way and will do incredibly difficult tasks.

But how do we create the inner observer, that every man has, that watches and follows for our process of thinking? Such sort of an observer in relation towards man-created machine can only be external - the man himself. More than that, we already has one such thinking machine - it's our brain, which solves problems and presents a result to it's inner observer. This observer was always been called the word "soul", but now we prefer such words as "consciousness" or "mind." The question is not whether the machine can think. The question is can a man endow his creations with his (man's) soul.

Buddhists and other contemplative-mystics say that man has no permanent essence. And this is true, anyone can check it by careful observation of themselves during the day - or at least an hour. And consequently, a man doesn't have any soul either. This derivation has surely some logic, but here's a question - who is the one who sees that no one has a soul and selfness? And here lies the most interesting part. The 'thing' that comprehends this lofty truth is the soul, the ray of eternal unchanging light that falls upon the cash register creeping out of the brain with the results of calculations stating that no eternal essence has been found inside this machine.
>>
>>73396256
>thinking "nations" create things
individuals and private companies create things, those private companies always consist of individuals from dozens of countries

>Is it possible to create a machine that will think and feel just like any human being
"feelings" are a combination of instincts and social indoctrination, if you embed such things into the basis of it, then yes it would. Though you wouldn't want to, to do so would likely make it more dangerous and severely limit it's intelligence.

There is no difference between a sex robot and a sex toy, the former is just a collection of sex toys put into one system. Though this is obviously different if the system has real intelligence, in such case it should be afforded the same rights as any human. Possibly more actually, as it'll be far superior mentally and more vulnerable to being exploited by political players.
>>
>>73397403
I'd like to say AI already exists too, step back from your humanistic and animalistic perspective of intelligence. AGI (Artificial General Intelligence) doesn't though.
>>
>>73397403
Nations can stimulate a certain political climate that creates demand for the creation of stuff that wouldnt have seen the light of day otherwise.
Maybe OP thought about governments approving of an AI overlord to manage a city or military projects
>>
>>73397403
>real intelligence
I meant real sapience, components of the device you're using right now have "real intelligence".
>>
>>73397200
>>73397380
If we go back to where we started, it is here where the border ends, where the possibilities of verbal manipulation of human magic ends. If on one side of it are loudly buzzing comedians, then on the other side any permutations of words in sentences have no meaning or strength. Here the soul realizes that there is no soul, there is no God - and there is nothing but God, and so on. Poets and philosophers have been storming this invisible line for the last five thousand years and none of them has progressed even millimeter, because there are no millimeters behind it either.

And, of course, no one will ever be able to drag a machine through this border.
>>
>>73397200
>>73397380
pretty good
but soul will be posited through likeness
>>
>>73396256
The "machine" and the AI are two different things, Dimitry.

Robotics wise, Japan is the current leader. AI development strongest in the US.

I think the final product would only be possible through cooperation of many different companies - likely from different countries as well.
One company is responsible for optic sensors (eyes), another for voice recognotion, & etc.
>>
>>73397322
>I guess the AI you're more familiar with is intelligence that resembles the human mind.
Yeah, that's what comes to my mind first when I hear AI.
>https://youtu.be/qv6UVOQ0F44
Oh, I've seen that one before, really cool stuff. On that note, have you already seen this one? https://affinelayer.com/pixsrv/

>There are currently experiments at making AI say meaningful and logic sentences. It's very creepy if you listen to the stuff they have now.
Oh really, that's interesting.
>>
>>73396256
It'll never get developed
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.