[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The states of North America are bigger than most countries in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 7

File: we wuz french.png (6KB, 255x170px) Image search: [Google]
we wuz french.png
6KB, 255x170px
The states of North America are bigger than most countries in the world and yet still are considered to be "united states". Despite completely different cultures, people, and even their own individual flags we are all just the "united states". If a European for whatever reason asked a question about the "united states" they would have over 50 different completely valid answers. Does this bother anybody else? I don't want the states to be separate countries but the states are too big not to represent themselves, and I feel that because of this there is no culture beyond obesity. For example, I live in Mississippi, and they haven't taught French here in decades despite previously being a prominently French colony, a chunk of New France, it is just America. Please research your state and tell me something about it
>>
>>73328998
>Despite completely different cultures
lol what

there's more cultural difference between Paris and Lyon than your east coast from your west coast

you have no culture
>>
>>73328998
m8 just take the redpill and accept that the US needs to die as a union.
>>
File: Fort-Ross.jpg (471KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Fort-Ross.jpg
471KB, 1600x1200px
>>73328998
We wuz Russians

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_Ross,_California
>>
>>73328998
>individual flags

So? Cities here had their own Coat of Arms. You all speak the same langauge, eat the same food and move around like locusts for jobs. The East coast has some culture (most of it being knock-off of European culture), the South is atleast distict but the rest of your country is a cultureless hellhole.
>>
>>73330228
I've read the blog of some russian guy that traveled there.
He said it's actually pretty gud - national part in Fort Ross. Autentic food, clothes and other stuff.
>>
File: 1440275289953.png (24KB, 492x475px) Image search: [Google]
1440275289953.png
24KB, 492x475px
>>73330841
Good post.
>>
File: coasties.png (261KB, 948x648px) Image search: [Google]
coasties.png
261KB, 948x648px
>>73329984
t. countrylet
>>
File: 1431560836559.gif (3MB, 298x224px) Image search: [Google]
1431560836559.gif
3MB, 298x224px
>>73328998
>Despite completely different cultures, people,
>>
>>73331257
There are some states that do in fact have cultures. OP is one of them. You can laugh at anybody else making claims like these though, in most of the US the most you will get in terms of "cultural differences" is people shopping at different grocery store chains or supporting different sports teams.
>>
File: 6478562.jpg (112KB, 700x481px) Image search: [Google]
6478562.jpg
112KB, 700x481px
>>73330841
We speak drastically different though, you could tell which one they came from by accent alone, unless you actually believe there is no difference between England and America. People in California live differently to Alaska, Florida is urbanized while Hawaii's military island Oahu feels like rednecks in shacks on the beach, buildings made out of different materials, different cash crops, we don't buy crab from Mississippi we get them from Maryland. Speaking of we don't even eat the same, Mississippi eats boiled peanuts, crawfish, and "soul food" which is just what normal people eat but deep fried. And many people in Mississippi never even move for their entire lives, we are lazy fucks comparatively to even Alabama. Each state celebrates different holidays differently, no two states enjoy Mardi Gras the same for example and most don't even celebrate it whatsoever. There aren't skyscrapers embedded with religious murals though which is all anyone seems to consider "culture"
>>
>>73332205
Stop pretending anywhere but the South has a culture, it's just not true. I suspect you've never been north before.
>>
>>73332298
I wasn't saying that at all
>>
File: 657787867464.jpg (88KB, 630x506px) Image search: [Google]
657787867464.jpg
88KB, 630x506px
>>73330228
>Afterward, possession of Fort Ross passed from Sutter through successive private hands and finally to George W. Call. In 1903, the stockade and about 3 acres (12,000 m2) of land were purchased from the Call family by the California Historical Landmarks Commission. Three years later it was turned over to the State of California for preservation and restoration as a state historic monument; since then, the state acquired more of the surrounding land for preservation purposes. California Department of Parks and Recreation as well as many volunteers put extensive efforts into restoration and reconstruction work in the Fort.
I am glad people cared about preserving such a beautiful looking place, it probably would have been the parking lot of Walmart today without that
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.