[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is a world government an inevitability? Popularity for it seems

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

File: trud.png (406KB, 516x516px) Image search: [Google]
trud.png
406KB, 516x516px
Is a world government an inevitability?

Popularity for it seems to be growing. People are already identifying themselves as "citizens of the world"
>>
We literally are citizens of the world through. We're all citizens of our respective nations first but we do share the same planet you mong.
>>
only faggy canadians say that
>>
File: diogenes_04.jpg (223KB, 1058x1058px) Image search: [Google]
diogenes_04.jpg
223KB, 1058x1058px
>People are already identifying themselves as "citizens of the world"
>>
>>73316228
why wait? source is our home, we are one.
>>
>>73315970
>People are already identifying themselves as "citizens of the world"
I never knew of anyone identifying themsef as such, maybe it's only in cucky countries
>>
>>73316592
Its more of a thing in first world countries where people can afford to travel around the world
>>
>>73316688
yup, these are the cucky countries
>>
>>73316311
This may have been posted in jest but this.
>>
I'm a Milky Way citizen you plebs.
>>
File: IMG_0080.png (56KB, 528x629px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0080.png
56KB, 528x629px
>>73317338
Imma kill you nigger, I'm from the Andromeda galaxy and I thirst for Milky Way blood!

Hand over your planets or be destroyed by my intergalactic fleet of Andromeda starships!
>>
>>73315970
a world government couldn't be better or worse than the current situation
>>
>>73317442
It could be either of those...
>>
>>73315970
>Britain leaving EU
>US elects nationalist as president
>Marine Le Pen gaining in popularity in France

The Hegelian dialectic is a lie.
>>
>>73317442
it would undoubtedly be worse for us, like the EU it would siphon money from the rich countries into the poor countries until equilibrium was reached and every country has 'equal' wealth
somehow all the politicians would escape this fate though and their quality of life would only improve while the rest of us learn to find food in garbage dumps
>>
>>73317413
why does andromeda use the american flag?
>>
File: latest.jpg (29KB, 512x467px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
29KB, 512x467px
I want a fucking EarthGov, maybe not now, but few decades in the future.
>>
>>73317560
Maybe they'll re-designate Australia as a penal colony
>>
File: IMG-20170407-WA0016.jpg (117KB, 770x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170407-WA0016.jpg
117KB, 770x960px
>>73317520
kek, a world government will be unironically like this, 10 people will hold more than 90% of world wealth and have total world influence solely to generate more wealth and maintain the status quo on their behalf. And to do that they will push for meritocracy and mass entertainment to distract and condition everyone to support the system they are on top while further increasing their power until they become unreachable gods or something
>>
>>73315970
No, there is a constant ebb and flow between feudalism, nationalism, empirialism, and globalism. Sometimes in that order. Look what happened after the Soviet Union collapsed, some areas went back to a very practical clan like society such as Chechnia and Georgia.
>>
>>73316688
And then you get killed by someone who hates world citizens.
>>
>>73317497
They seem to be continuing with t
It as though none of these things ever happened though
>>
>>73315970
people can do whatever the fuck they want

The reality is however that a world government is inevitable. Not just government but culture and language too. We're closer to one another culturally than we have been in hundreds of years, the internet and ease of travel (in terms of speed, cost and availability) serves to amplify this. Many differences between nations are artificially conflated and frivolous.
>>
>>73317733
>hundreds of years
try ever
>>
>>73317733
>We're closer to one another culturally than we have been in hundreds of years
I meant in our entire existence, lol.
>>
File: IMG_0067.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0067.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>73317549
Because America is everywhere

Nothing is beyond our reach
>>
>>73317773
I've never left my city, I don't care about land I will never walk in.
>>
>>73317773
>Nothing is beyond our reach
Vegetables?
>>
File: animation1.gif (763KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
animation1.gif
763KB, 600x400px
>>73315970
Mathematically, the opposite is the inevitability.

http://jasss.soc.surrey.ac.uk/16/3/7.html
>>
I'd like to think that such a thing is inevitable, but it probably isn't.

The best thing we'll get is something like a massive EU where all nations are members, probably an empowered UN, but this will probably only happen with the discovery of advanced extraterrestrial life.
>>
>>73317810
>he thinks an extremely simplistic simulation that employs basic evolutionary algorithm(s) is indicative of real life
Ethnocentrism is meaningless if we merge into one culture (which we've slowly been doing for like 500 years). Even the act of knowing a component of another culture contributes to merging. Let's not even get into it being a very general, vague concept.

Let's not get into all factors being incredibly vague, subjective and not specifically defined or related to the real world.
>>
>>73315970
>Is a world government an inevitability?
It is a possibility but that dream can be easily destroyed if some people fuck it up directly or indirectly due to certain factors (e.g: Ethnocentrism, world leader's incompetence, Decentralisation, etc)

Me personality i think globalism and is a bad thing because i don't want moralfags from other cultures enforcing their moral code on me or be exploited by foreign corporate cabals and the concept of a world country (alongside pacifism) is the epitome of blind idealism
>>
>>73317862
>I'd like to think that such a thing is inevitable, but it probably isn't.
In all seriousness, I have no idea why anyone would think this. Why would you want governance to be even more remote?
>>
>>73317933

Mostly just the idea of having mankind united so we can finally colonize the stars, if such a thing is possible.

In all reality a strong, centralized world government would probably be rife with problems, but the idea of a unified human race is very tantalizing to me.
>>
>>73315970
in the far future yes.
>>
>>73317974
Why do you think government unites people? Government has traditionally solved very few problems.

>so we can finally colonize the stars
Except the private sector is the one making inroads with space travel, and that would be scuppered by corporate taxes going up to fund all of Africa and South America and most of Asia.
>>
>>73318053
fixing the world would be better than colonising the stars, we can do that after
>>
>>73317974
We don't need to be united for that to happen. I don't really know why you would think that
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.