[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why is it when a native english speaker attempts to learn a foreign

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 2352356.jpg (178KB, 425x282px) Image search: [Google]
2352356.jpg
178KB, 425x282px
why is it when a native english speaker attempts to learn a foreign language, the natives of that foreign language are smug cunts about their language? when someone attempts to speak english to as a second language, i am very patient and helpful but experiences ive had with europeans is that they shit on you because you didn't pronounce a letter correctly. what is the reason for this?
>>
File: 1401183003815.jpg (27KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1401183003815.jpg
27KB, 600x600px
>>
Europeans are just smug cunts in general, learn Russian instead. I like to laugh at foreigners trying to learn it.
>>
I would literally murder david warner if I got the chance
>>
>>73200375
your language is irrelevant anyway so no ones going to bother learning it
>>73200392
but why laugh at them? it doesn't make sense. shouldnt you be grateful someone is taking the time to learn your language? i was thinking about doing russian or china at uni.
>>
>>73200324
anglos and their offspring nations have the ugliest accents and are unable to produce some sounds. You are far worse than germans.
>>
>>73200458
with a little time and patience, one is able to produce any sound.
>>
>>73200438
Finland would disagree with you
>>
>>73200488
another irrelevant country is going to disagree about my opinion on another country being irrelevant?
>>
>>73200508
>australia is saying this to me right now
>a flag with a literal cuckstamp on it
>>
because you automatically pronounce things as it was english
a fundamentally wrong attitude when its about learning a language
and you keep doing it
>>
>>73200324
I think that they switch to English for your convenience. Many learn some language before going to the country, but they do it just to be able to communicate a little, not because they want to learn it.
>>
>>73200477
anglos will never learn how to roll am r
>>
>>73200438
>but why laugh at them?
But I won't laugh in your face, that's the difference. I will tell you that you are doing great and then laugh afterwards.
>shouldnt you be grateful someone is taking the time to learn your language?
Grateful because you are butchering my language?
>>
>>73200535
you're generalizing obviously because that is clearly the wrong way to approach it. the people who pronounce a foreign language as it were in english are retarded, no question about that.

>>73200537
its not about them switching to english, its just their attitude towards someone learning their language in general. its an inconsequential thing but im curious as to why euros and other non-english speakers have to be on their high horse about it. id learn a language to learn it because languages are awesome in general.
>>73200574
thats true, i can't roll r's. i know a lot of people who can but i do find it rather difficult.
>>73200576
at least its not insulting if you do it behind someone's back. butchering your language or learning it? i think butchering would imply they're intentionally sabotaging it and besides, your language is difficult as shit; so much inflectional morphology and aspects etc. something english has not had for a very long time (or has an incredibly diminished repertoire of such concepts)
>>
>>73200324
I guess that because English is the current lingua franca you guys grow up listening to foreigners do all kinds of silly accents. You're used to it
Most of us do not experience that and can't help but giggle when someone is struggling to pronounce things. It's endearing but also funny
This is true aswell >>73200535
>>
>>73200686
Maybe not intentionally, but I still don't see why I should be grateful.
>>
>>73200845
good point
>>73200871
fair enough
>>
>>73200686
I would speak in Russian with you, but not all people would find it pleasant. They will have to talk to you like you're a kinda autist since you're not fluent.
>>
>>73200975
same principle for if a foreigner was learning english while in australia; we'd have to talk to them slowly and use less complex words but at least they are trying.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.