[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can somebody explain me, what kind of leverage does UK hold

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: brexit.jpg (52KB, 1000x533px) Image search: [Google]
brexit.jpg
52KB, 1000x533px
Can somebody explain me, what kind of leverage does UK hold in Brexit talks?
>>
none whatsoever
they are at your complete mercy hans
you won
>>
They hold as much leverage as a desparate guy pointing a gun at his own head.
>>
Trade. We buy more that export, so we could Just slap a tax on it If shit get nasty
>>
>>72950312
Merkel said they will have a fair discussion and that May will be respected.
I don't believe her, because she seems extremely butthurt at the moment.
>>
>>72950312
Basically : "If you're not nice, I'm going to shoot myself"

Which would be not a good news for other European economy.

This and they can try to count on European desUnion to find in little countries that are frustrated (like Poland since the whole Donald Tusk thing) that may try to take advantage of those negociation to get some political power.
>>
>>72950408
correct me if i am wrong, but a lot of things you buy are part of your supply chain.
So if you put tarrifs on those good, you basically put tarrifs on the completed products that you export
>>
>>72950433
>This and they can try to count on European desUnion to find in little countries that are frustrated (like Poland since the whole Donald Tusk thing) that may try to take advantage of those negociation to get some political power.
I just dont see countries as egoistic as Poland caring for the wellbeeing of UK.
Poland could certanly sabotage the Brexit talks, but thats not exactly something that would benefit Britain
>>
>>72950477
The prices will go up, people would still buy them but in less quantities, we would also have the option morning outside of europe for trade.
>>
>>72950606
Its not about people buying them
Its about, for example, MG Motor buying car parts from EU, then building cars that they sell elsewhere.
If you put tariffs on those car parts, British cars will become more expensive and less competative on the global market
>>
>>72950661
Toyota invested £240m this month. Theres really nobody left to leave, they've already all fucked off.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.