[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>It has also been posited that the term Black Dutch was applied

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

>It has also been posited that the term Black Dutch was applied to the descendants of children (usually illegitimate) of Spanish soldiers and Dutch women born during the Spanish occupation of the Netherlands in the 16th century.
>>
>>72933845
A
>>
>>72933845
>the Spanish occupation of the Netherlands in the 16th century.

W-what?

t. history noobie
>>
>>72934559
There was a war, I think it was during the Thirty Year War, between the Spanish Empire and the Netherlands, the Spaniards won, imposed Catholicism but the dutch peaseants didn't like neither the new king nor the new christian sect so they btfo'd the speniards
>>
>>72933845
>Black Dutch
wtf is that anon
>>
>>72934759
There were several wars senpai, the most important (and revelant to the ocupation of the Netherlands) was the 80 years war.

The 30 years one was a religion war
>>
>>72935116
Dutch with swarthy appearance
>>
>>72936373
Source?
>>
>>72935116
Nigger Dutch
>>
>>72936409
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black-Dutch
>>
>>72936456
Never heard of this. Must be an American thing.
>>
>>72936456
So it's a term that first appeared in the 19th century in America, that was never been used before in the Netherlands and that has no clear origin?

Cool, how do americans always come with the race bullshit?
>>
Here we also have white Italians where Italian women had a child by a Brit
>>
>>72936534
It is
>>72936615
>>
>>72934559

Belgium is pretty much the Spanish Netherlands.

Charles V of the HRE, I of Spain, inherited Belgium/The Netherlands (Flanders), he was from there actually.
He gave Spain and Flanders and the Italian posessions to Phillip II of Spain.
There was an 80 years war, mainly for religious reasons. What is now Belgium either remained loyal or was reconquered.
Spain lost the Spanish Netherlands (along with their other european territories in Italyt) after the war of the Spanish succession when Spain went from Habsburg kings (the last one was an inbred retard who couldnt have offspring) to Bourbon kings.
>>
>>72933845
This explains why some Dutch people are so swarthy and have curly hair.
>>
>>72936456
This is so fucking weird.
>>
>>72936615
Americans aren't pathetic civic nationalist cucks
>>
>>72939144
They literally are
>>
>>72933845
this sounds similar to the Black Irish. Although Celts in the British Isles were similar to Iberian
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.